[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canaanites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: Canaan.jpg (67 KB, 846x519) Image search: [Google]
Canaan.jpg
67 KB, 846x519
What is known about the Canaanite civilization and people? Where they wiped out completely ?

are they distinct from Phoencians?
>>
Baby killers
>>
>>925398
Apparently they were Giants in the bible and decedents of angles or something
>>
The Israelites were Canaanites who later on tried to pretend they weren't.
>>
>>925418
Fuck's sake anon, no.

They were just a tribe inhabiting Canaan when the Hebrews and Yahweh supposedly barged in.

A lot of scholars now think the Hebrews just sort of emerged from the Canaanites rather than conquering them from without, though.
>>
>>925418
i'd imagine biblical sources are pretty biased against them
>>925417
I think the story of Abraham sacrificing Ishmael is fascinating in that it might represesnt a break from Canaanite traditions- if you are of the belief that Abrahamic faith originate from the Canaanite pantheon, of course
>>
>>925427
Yeah nah anon I'm going with what my bible tells me not what some Goldberg shekelstien scholar tells me
>>
>>925434
>I don't trust the Jews to teach me their own fucking holy legends
>>
>>925419
>>925427
>A lot of scholars now think the Hebrews just sort of emerged from the Canaanites
i've often heard this theory ... If it was an invasion, where did the ISraelites launch their invasion from? the deserts of Arabia where their descendants supposedly walked around for 40 years? but weren't the ISraelites enslaved by Egyptians invaiding the same area that was to become the holy land ? so where did these Canaanites come in?.. its so confusing...
>>
>>925440
I don't trust the Jews for anything anon
Hebrews tho
>>
File: sceince.jpg (33 KB, 494x334) Image search: [Google]
sceince.jpg
33 KB, 494x334
>>925434
>Old testament written by jews, good
>Scholarship supposedly written by jews bad
>>
>>925434
>>925449
Not even the Bible says they were giants or anything other than the Hebrews' biggest enemy (until the Philistines set up camp).
>>
>>925461
muh khazars
>>
>>925434
Where does it say anything about canaanites being giants/angels?
>>
File: Palestinain_olive_orchard.jpg (17 KB, 236x321) Image search: [Google]
Palestinain_olive_orchard.jpg
17 KB, 236x321
also are the modern day Palestinians related to the Canaanites?
>>
>>925481
No, modern Palestinians are just arab filth
>>
>>925481
Probably? I don't think there was a wholesale population replacement in the area, and even if there was, some ancient genes are bound to remain.
>>
File: 1055_11.gif (70 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1055_11.gif
70 KB, 468x240
>>925463
>>925475
Numbers 13:33
>
And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
>>
>>925487
Arab is mostly just a linguistic group resulting from the Islamic empires though...

It would make sense that most people are just descendants of Arabized conquered people ie. Egyptians, Phoenicians, Palmyrans etc jjust became known as" Arab".
>>
>>925398
>Where they wiped out completely ?

The Hebrews were Canaanites before they founded their new religion. Much of what the Canaanites believed about the world is preserved in Biblical stories, since they are from the same cultural branch.

>are they distinct from Phoencians?

They're close cousins.
>>
>>925481

They're descended from the Hebrew population who lived in that area before the Arab conquest, they've Arabised and Islamised but they're the same stock as the Canaanites and the ancient Hebrews of the OT.
>>
>>925512
the Old testament describes pretty much a wholesale massacre of all Canaanites.. So weren't they basically murdering their cousins?
>>
>>925444
>its so confusing
I know it's almost as if these stories were pious fictions invented by priests who lived at a much later period. Good to know that the bible is absolutely true and God's unfailable word.
>>
>>925503
>nowhere else in the Bible are the Canaanites referred to as anything but normal people
>the one account comes from some pussy spies
>>
>>925522
According to the OT they weren't cousins, the Hebrews were originally from Mesopotamia area, had their sojourn in Egypt, and then invaded Canaan.

It's modern scholars who postulate the Hebrews were just a subgroup of the Canaanites.

Besides, slaughtering a closely related tribe wouldn't exactly be shocking, anyway.
>>
Canaanite here AMA
>>
>>925532
How do you feel about Yahweh Tzevaot?
>>
>>925534
Yahweh is a giant faggot whom the kikes ripped from us
Praise Ba'al
>>
>>925530
ah okay that clears up some things.
So how did they get to Egypt though? where they enslaved and taken in or did they voluntarily migrate there? Where were the Israelites before they were in Egypt?
>>
File: 1452547461922.jpg (942 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452547461922.jpg
942 KB, 1200x1200
>>925532
how are canaanite qts?
>>
>>925398
Canaanites are levantines

Jews come from them via slavery of men and the marriage of women and thus Palestinians come from them as well.

The Jewish people are a composite. In the Torah our ethnogenesis is spelled out clearly; we have Babylonian, Cushitic, Egyptian, Canaanite, Edomite ancestries.
>>925530
They have Cushitic ancestry, confirmed African dna. Druze have a significant minority who have a Northeast African haplogroup.
>>
>>925534
Yahweh was literally a stooge and a sidekick in the Canaanite pantheon. That drove the Jews so mad that one day they fantasized about and jerked off to genociding the Canaanites and wrote about it on their fictitious little book of kikery aka the Torah.
>>
>>925550
The best, really, i have travelled to many countries, and the ones that still grab me are canaanite qts
>>
>>925567
>not wanting Babylonian temple prostitutes

absolute shit taste my Baal-worshipping friend
>>
>>925565
Not fan fiction. no one worships the rest of the old pantheon. We killed them, enslaved them or forced them to flee.
>>
>>925567
What do you mean by Canaanites today? Modern inhabitants of the Levantine?
>>
>>925532
Your faggot cousins over in the desert are making some dumbass delusions surrounding some"oe-god" faggotry
. please genocide them before this gets out of hand
>>
>>925581
Meanwhile in real life the Northern Kingdom is absorbed into the greater Canaanite culture and buttmad Yahweh priests write about it in the Book of Kike. Until both kingdoms are brutalized by the Assyrians and Babylonians.
>>
>>925587
Yes
>>925577
they're fucked up as it is i'll leave it be
>>
File: image.png (1008 KB, 692x694) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1008 KB, 692x694
>>925532
How do I a car engine?
>>
>>925608
Which country do you live and what religion do you subscribe to?
>>
File: muh beard.jpg (47 KB, 712x309) Image search: [Google]
muh beard.jpg
47 KB, 712x309
>>925532
pic related my beard
>>925626
Modern day palestine/israel, i'm an atheist
>>
File: 1410197812819.jpg (21 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1410197812819.jpg
21 KB, 260x260
>>925632
>recognizing Israel
>>
>>925567
In all seriousness though Lebanese and Palestinian chicks are fucking sexy as shit
>>
>>925645
These small mishaps are below my lifelong journey to transcend humanity
>>
>>925632
Nice. Praise Baal.
>>
>>925667
thanks famlam
>>
>>925550
>tfw the Hebrews massacred girls like that
>>
>>925712
Slightly off topic but who were the Semitic people? Is that even a thing? If so, are they the same as the people from the Levant or just related?
>>
>>925602
And then we survive and force them to assimilate by chain and sword.

Regardless of your revisionism their distinct identity and religions died, then they came into the fold.
>>
>>925527
the sons of anak are mentioned in Joshua and Samuel too. remember Goliath? yes the "historical" account has mythical monsters
>>
>>925418
WE WUZ CANAANITES AND SHIET
>>
>>925980
If they want to claim to be Molech worshippers I'm not gonna stop them
>>
>>925725
semitic is a broad term for afro-Asiastic group that includes Arabs, Mesopotamian and levantine people that would have included the languages of Aramaic, Canaanite, Hebrew
>>
>>926120
Mesopotamian isn't a cohesive linguistic group, Sumerian is not Semitic.
>>
>>926146
correct. I meant the languages that was spoken by the inhabitants of Mesoptamian. akkadian, Assyrian and such
>>
>>925398
....and the walls came tumbling down on the city that we looooooove..dark clouds rolled over the hills brnging darknes from aboooooovvvve....
>>
>>926245
Now it's stuck in my head

It's been a year since it last was, I think
>>
>>926248
I don't know why I associate the song with Canaanites rather than Pompeii. I think it has to do with that stupid bible song about Joshua we all had to sing in elementary school
>>
>>925856
It must be nice living in a dream world but the disappearance of Canaanite identity and religion is due to successive conquest of the region by Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks, in short everyone except you.
>>
>>925980
Uhg, I'm sure he meant angels, not Anglos. Lol!
>>
>>926331
That's the joke
>>
>>925938
Goliath was like six and a half feet tall. The giant shit comes from a scribal fuck up.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.