[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greek Philosophers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: GreecePhilosophers.jpg (70 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
GreecePhilosophers.jpg
70 KB, 600x493
Lets talk these dudes. Were they right? Wrong?

Discuss
>>
Aristotle > Plato
>>
>>924040
Aristotle > Plato = Socrates
>>
>>924038
You should actually put some effort into your post.
>>
>>924038
a lot of these guys are shit and wildly uninteresting

eastern philosophies shit on the western ones up until the enlightenment period, industrial revolution, nuclear-tech age etc.
>>
File: sophist master race.jpg (90 KB, 826x801) Image search: [Google]
sophist master race.jpg
90 KB, 826x801
>Socratic philosophy

Shoo shoo pederast!
>>
>>924888
not another eastern cock sucker
>>
>>924906
nah seriously senpai. I've read the Britannica collections of plato, socrates, herodotus, aristotle and they are all total snooze fests

read the Tao te Ching and I am always comfy.
why is this?
>>
>>924922
Probably because Socrates and Plato represent a decline.

Their title as "greatest Greek philosophers" was upheld because of their influence on Christian theology. The idea that Greek philosophy began with Socrates is just ridiculous.
>>
>>924947
that's kind of my point. there is nothing new under the sun and those guys are really only getting credit because they are some of the oldest surviving record from the West.
but Lao, Wu, Confucius, Buddha all kept that shit simple and didn't act like pretentious fags imo
>>
>>924969
You can find similar ideas in Greek philosophy
Heraclitus=Lao
Buddah=Stoicism
>>
>>925034
I am agreeing that they are the same idea bro, do you not understand that? I am saying that the east was more humble about it and thus my "preference"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.