[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discussion about Italy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: ItalyFlagPicture6.png (131 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ItalyFlagPicture6.png
131 KB, 1000x1000
Hi /his/
What is the problem of my Country? What do you think?
Personally, i came at the conclusion that it is a cultural problem, mainly.
And if i'm right, or almost-right, what is the cause/are the causes of all the problems that there are in my culture?
(the late political union? mmh, is this really fundamental?)
((and sure that that fucking Duce has ruined us all, and a good slice of my people worship/adore him like a fallen god... oh dear!))
>>
>>922379
who tf is Cedric Hanson? O.o
>>
>>922380
oh, so if I put as a name "Anonimo" it generates random nicks... mh, cool
>>
>>922384
It does so for everyone, you mong
>>
>>922397
mmm so it's a new function. i didn't came on 4chan for a while
>>
>>922379
The main problem of Italy is that the south is a cesspool.
Until the first part of the XIIIth century, though, the South was a thriving, rich country, with competent administrators and an innovative culture. So what happened?
Well, basically... The pope, aka the main obstacle to the unification during the ages. He invited foreign powers to conquer it so he wouldn't face the emperor from the north and the South, foreign powers that used the country just as a mean to collect taxes with the help of the nobles. Capitalism was never an option for the South, there was no way a middle class could form. Time skip to the Italian unification, the kingdom of the two sicilies is the same as it had been in the last centuries. But then the piedmontese arrived. Since the kingdom didn't wage wars in ages, it had a vast treasury. The kingdom of piedmont didn't use this treasure to kickstart a societal change in the south, but to pay his war debts. Not to mention that they killed every other industry in Italy to protect the few ones they had in Turin and Genoa. I think that they even helped in creating the Mafia: they basically lend the south to the same nobles there were pre unification, at the condition they efficiently collected taxes.

And now the south is a cesspool, because the talented people flee from that land with no hope and no opportunities, while only the lazy, the ignorant and the scum with no civil conscience stay.
>>
>>922428
This seems a solid explaination, really thank you
too bad I'm from Piedmont xD
>>
>>922379
>Believing Mussolini ruined anything
Your country's problem is people like you, who talk shit about such a great leader.
>>
File: 1429086957473.jpg (307 KB, 1638x2048) Image search: [Google]
1429086957473.jpg
307 KB, 1638x2048
>>922428
>>
File: 1442972618275.jpg (122 KB, 1000x1462) Image search: [Google]
1442972618275.jpg
122 KB, 1000x1462
>>
You are fucking lazy dirty cunts. Last time I was in Italy (neapoli) there was tons of garbage everywhere
>>
>>922512
>neapoli (=napoli)
>tons of garbage
it is normal, mate, in neapoli. you took the wrong city for your hate for rubbish
>>
>>922379
People don't give a shit about government and rampant nepotism and "favours" lead to utter useless shits getting jobs. All while money gets siphoned off to private hands or out of country

Your basically the free markets and libertarians wet dream.
>>
>>922379
Your country is solo gay.
>>
>>922545
Oh, this must be the real reason
>>
File: 11594-004-5B4B8D96.jpg (30 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
11594-004-5B4B8D96.jpg
30 KB, 234x300
>>922379
>The Italian's version of George Washington
>>
>>922692
he was greater than washington, bruh
>>
>le thinly veiled weekly italy is shit thread

Why you do this?
>>
>922384
Lol, no.
I'm still doing it though.
>>
>>922379
>the problems that there are in my culture

What do you consider those to be?
>>
>>922379
Quit taking 5 hour lunch breaks every day, the entire month of August off, and every little saint's day off and maybe business will pick up a bit
>>
>>923218
>Wanting to work for a living

Man why?
>>
>>923507
so you can have stuff
>>
>>923726
>so you can have stuff

They have stuff. They have a beautiful country full of beautiful stuff and delicious food. What more stuff do you want that is better than a 5 hour lunch?
>>
File: 1449001954742.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
1449001954742.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>923218
>he fell for the protestant work ethic meme
>>
>>923735
>What more stuff do you want that is better than a 5 hour lunch?
Well that's up to them. If they wouldn't rather sacrifice a little pasta & nap time for higher pay they shouldn't have to. But they shouldn't then complain about how their economy is shit. Can't have your cake & eat it too
>>
>>922379
Italy is a beautiful country with amazing history and culture, ignore the memes
>>
>>922379
Italy unified before Germany did, so it can't be that.
>>
>>922428
Mafia has nothing to do with criminal revolutionists after unification, they are two different cases with different causes
>>
>>923218
Only people from italy below the Po river think that day
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.