[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is world peace possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: images (9).jpg (26 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
26 KB, 512x287
Is world peace possible?
>>
File: 866432.jpg (20 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
866432.jpg
20 KB, 400x274
NOT WHILE iM AROUND
>>
World piece will only be achieved when everyone that matter got a bigger interest in preserving the peace than breaking it.
I would say there is a possibility, as everyone are getting onto the world market whenever they like it or not.
>>
>>920832
I think the only thing that will cause "world peace" is if we find some alien species to hate on instead of each other
>>
File: FMYChqg.jpg (154 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
FMYChqg.jpg
154 KB, 456x469
>>920832

Yes. All you need is a wise and benevolent ruler to conquer the planet and maintain order.
>>
>>920832
Not until the world is ruled by the Prince of Peace, no.
>>
>>920852
If Satan could rebel, It'll happen again.
>>
>>920851
This, or all the countries have to learn to get along which seems unlikely
>>
Only once an extraterrestrial threat manages to make people draw the line between human and alien rather than divisions of race and nationality.

Or the extiniction of humanity. World would be relatively peaceful without us desu
>>
File: Mozi_drawing.jpg (20 KB, 319x425) Image search: [Google]
Mozi_drawing.jpg
20 KB, 319x425
Yeah, if the nuclear powers agreed to nuke every aggressor worldwide we could be done with nation-state wars within a few years. It might take one or two incidents to demonstrate their credibility, but after that I don't think anyone would try it again. Only non-state threats would remain.
>>
>>920933
Nah, literal chimps go to war all the time, animals are violent because if you aren't you get fucking eaten by something that is
>>
>>920978
Chimps going full chimp out for hundreds of years still isn't going to come anywhere near the amount of killing humans are capable of. Hence why i said relatively.

And animals killing for food isn't exactly the same as human wars. That's a silly comparison.
>>
>>921014
>animals only kill for food

yeah no, please see Dolphins, cats, most apes
>>
>>920849
Yeah right

Look at all the times some big new threat attacked a given place

The locals just try to use the new enemy to settle a grudge against an old enemy.

Then the new enemy crushes them both.
>>
no
the fundamental status of man is conflict
>>
>>921044
Literally no more true than 'the fundamental status of man is peace'.
>>
>>921053
sorry the thing with counterfactuals is you have to evaluate them, not just present them.
>>
>>921014
>Be lion cub
>Some male lion that isnt your dad comes next to you and murders you
>Male lion tips his fedora and says "nothing personal kid"
>>
>>920841
>I would say there is a possibility, as everyone are getting onto the world market whenever they like it or not.
Isn't that what economists said before WWI? That the major powers wouldn't go to war with each other because commercial interests and investments were too deeply entrenched?
>>
>>921154
There's still a chance of total global conflict, but not between the current world superpwers

China's economy would literally crumble if we went to war with them, and our economy would crumble if we also went to war with them. Also, unlike other time periods, the US is lite4rally the only global superpower and literally control the world economy. If the power equals out in the world then we can get another huge conflict, but basically everyones economies hinges on America
>>
Get rid of turkey
>>
>>921189
then how am I going to celebrate Thanksgiving? With a Ham? Like a pussy?
>>
>>921195

Have a duck you uncivilized colonial
>>
>>921286
>Duck
>Even comparing to Turkey

What are you, fucking chinese?
>>
>>920832
War brings out the best in people. Peace leads to stagnancy and degeneracy the same way stillwater breeds mosquitos.
>>
>>921351
t.faggot on 4chan
>>
>>921351
Cont.

Remember Heraclitus: War is the father of all.
>>
>>921361
You really think attacking the person disqualifies the argument. I remember 8th grade...
>>
>>921378
You didn't make an argument. You just made a statement.
>>
>>921378
>W-war is the best without war we have d-degeneracy! It's like water guys

How is fucking killing people not fucking degeneracy. Jesus, read up on war you little 15 year old
>>
>>921386
>>921392
>Muh feels
>>
We are living world peace, it's never been so fucking peaceful in history, nations aren't fucking each other up all the time, what little conflicts between countries there are, they are still small scale and we are looking at civil conflicts more than anything. Television hypes every conflict, and shows so much footage, people just feel disgusted by it.
Who wants war? You can idealize it in book and history, but when you see the reality of it, it absolutley changes your perspective of it, there's no good thing out of it.
>>
As much as hippie fantasies try to purport otherwise, human beings are meant to be divided, not united. Sorry if this is edgy.
>>
>>921409
t. Nietzsche's last man.
>>
>>921361
>Insults him for describing the positives of war/conflict

>Doesn't see his own insult as the very act of aggression he himself is insulting.

If there is a bigger case of cognitive dissonance, i haven't found it.
>>
>>921409
Also, imagine coverage of something like Stalingrad. That shit would haunt you forever, having that footage would be insane, make it mandatory to show it in every school, war enthusiasm = gone.
>>
>>921425
People is like water, if it doesnt move for too long it grows bacteria!
>>
>>921443
>Im 15
>I played Call of Duty!
>I understand the horrible complexities of war and the impact it has had on people.

The sheer fact that you compare fucking WAR to someone calling you a faggot shows that you are literally 15 or are retarded
>>
>>921430
t.useful idiot
>>
File: 2b3.jpg (42 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
2b3.jpg
42 KB, 419x640
>>921461
It was those horrible complexities that kept people strong, respectful, and aware of themselves.

There is a reason why you didn't see "Carls" in ancient times.

Also
>Im 42
>I went to Iraq!
>I understand the necessities of war and how its absence tends to lead to stagnation, first world problems, feminization, BOREDOM.

The sheer fact that you cant see the common ground between an insult and and a physical act illustrates how clueLESS you are.

You dont see verbal insults as acts of aggression because you have been conditioned to accept them, when they are the very tools women and the feminine use to undermine men.

In the past, words actually were connected with a phenomenon, now they can be thrown around like a childs toy, with no repercussions for uttering them.
Words have been separated from their roots in the same way modern money has been separated from tangible resources and we can only guess who has been instrumental in making this a "reality".

It is those men who stand to benefit from separating words from action and money from resource.
>>
/his/ is a fucking shit board.

>>921053
but that is decidedly untrue you fucking idiot

>>921409
>le conflict is only physical war meme
Of course, the faggot believing we're experiencing "world piece" has no clue about ideological, subversive, or psychological warfare.

>>921425
Not edgy at all, you don't have to say that when you speak the fucking truth. This isn't reddit.

>>921461
>ad hominem
>strawman argument

>>921463
Maximum irony
>>
>>921461
>>921535
This triggers the platonist.
>>
>>921549
Plato was infected by the East.
>>
>>921535
>Im 42
>I think women are evil
>he thinks someone calling someone else a faggot is the same killing magnitudes of human being

I think there's a board that will appreciate people who post based off of their own insecurities in life, and that board is /pol/ where fact checking and logic don't matter
>>
>>921562
>I cant understand the nuances of insulting a man and how this ultimately is a declaration of war on his very being.

You argue against me because you wish to defeat me, that is your goal.

By your desire to defeat me, you are indirectly saying you don't want me to exist, you fucking piece of human garbage, you're not fooling me.

If you want to kill me, you're gonna have to do it through actions other than using your mouth and typing.
>>
>>921562
The fact of the matter is that conflict is a fundamental aspect of human nature and your touchy-feely perspective of the world doesn't counteract this truth.

Now, there's a place that will appreciate people who employ logical fallacies to coincide with their cognitive dissonance and total misunderstanding of the world at large, and that place is reddit where all the other mentally damaged liberals are.
>>
>>921586
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>921588
>he literally thinks calling someone a faggot is the same as war
>>
>>921594
I never said that, I'm not that other guy.
>>
>>921598
and yet the person you decide to defend is the person who literally said that being called a faggot is literally the same thing as war

that's the person you saw in this thread and decided to defend
>>
>>921594
>he doesn't think subversion can do as much if not more damage than any direct action ever could.

Its like you've never heard of Psy Ops.
>>
>>921607
>hugbox mentality
I defended the guy who holds similar views to me.
>>
>>921586
That's a lot of mental hoops to go through to justify casual shitposting.
>>
>>921611
Liberals think they came to their political beliefs on their own free will, I don't think they have the mental capacity to acknowledge shit like that exists.
>>
>>921611
>he thinks calling someone a faggot is the same as War

there is literally no way you can defend this, this is the argument you chose. Yes there can be psychological warfare. Wanna know what isn't psychological warfare, calling someone else a faggot. Wann a know why someone is calling you a faggot. It's because you literally think it's the same thing as slaughtering other human beings

just remember that today, was the day that you decided that someone calling you a faggot is literally the same as someone trying to kill you.
>>
>>921614
So you think calling someone else a faggot is the same as war?

You agree with that statement, somehow, this is a hugbox?

This is the argument you are currently defending
>>
>>920832
Yes just kill every human with a proven average IQ under 98 and every single sadist and psychopath.
>>
>>921627
You racist fuck
>>
File: Andrew_Jackson-AB.jpg (43 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
Andrew_Jackson-AB.jpg
43 KB, 334x250
>>921621
You do know that men died in duels for insulting one another in the past right?

You only wish to seperate insults from physical actions because you are a coward who cant back up your insults with action.
>>
>>921644
I don’t give a fuck who you are or where you live. You can count on me to be there to bring your fucking life to a hellish end. I’ll put you in so much fucking pain that it’ll make Jesus being nailed to a cross in the desert look like a fucking back massage on a tropical island. I don’t give a fuck how many reps you have or how tough you are IRL, how well you can fight, or how many fucking guns you own to protect yourself. I’ll fucking show up at your house when you aren’t home. I’ll turn all the lights on in your house, leave all the water running, open your fridge door and not close it, and turn your gas stove burners on and let them waste gas. You’re going to start stressing the fuck out, your blood pressure will triple, and you’ll have a fucking heart attack. You’ll go to the hospital for a heart operation, and the last thing you’ll see when you’re being put under in the operating room is me hovering above you, dressed like a doctor. When you wake up after being operated on, wondering what ticking time bomb is in your chest waiting to go off. You’ll recover fully from your heart surgery. And when you walk out the front door of the hospital to go home I’ll run you over with my fucking car out of no where and kill you. I just want you to know how easily I could fucking destroy your pathetic excuse of a life, but how I’d rather go to a great fuckng length to make sure your last remaining days are spent in a living, breathing fucking hell. It’s too late to save yourself, but don’t bother committing suicide either… I’ll fucking resuscitate you and kill you again myself you bitch-faced phaggot. Welcome to hell, population: you
>>
>>921154
Back then, a globalized economy wasn't even close to fact. Most goods and services in a country were dug up, refined, created, and sold by citizens in said country, with a minimal amount of resources coming in externally.

Nowadays we really do have a globally interlocked economy. Losing any significant trading partner would crash most nation's economies with no survivors. Business has no borders. Even countries that hate each others guys have deep economic ties to one another in the realm of actual goods and services being traded on a large scale.
Except Africa, which is why it's such a shithole by and large.
There is no global trade on a massive scale in Africa except for select high growth sectors where the quality of life actually isn't bad. Good even, because of the wealth and technology coming from trading globally.
>>
>>921175
>our economy would crumble if we also went to war with them.
no it woudlnt
>>
>>921736
At best it would be turbulent.
>>
Define peace.
>>
>>920832
Possible but improbable. Too many people with entirely different cultural beliefs.
>>
It is but the ability to maintain such a peace with such differences in culture and language, identity and history, it becomes way too much effort for very little reward.

Its better that there is no peace anways, makes people have to solve problems. A war economy is a smart economy that has to evolve
>>
Only with a complete loss of liberty.
>>
>>920832
Obviously. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen in the next 500 years.
>>
>>924357
idiot
>>
>>920832
If everyone had pizza like that, yes.
>>
If you've studied world history for longer than 10 minutes you would already know the answer. The only way world peace is possible is if every nation on Earth, every single one, gets an equal amount of nuclear weapons. And even then some Muslim would nuke the kafirs and destroy the world in the name of Allah.
>>
>>920832
>Hurr the World is in eternal conflict.
Why is polarized thinking so cancerous?

There are places of the world at peace, and there are some that aren't.
>>
>>920832
Maybe if everyone was the same race and religion
>>
>>920933

>He thinks there wouldn't be a bunch of retards that would side with the Aliens

Hehehehehe.
>>
>>927361
Depends on the Ayy
>We're going to kill your inferior species/eat you raaawr.
Unity.
>Howdy human servants, I bring advanced technology and enlightenment.
Some will side.
>>
File: 1451116007071.jpg (211 KB, 746x715) Image search: [Google]
1451116007071.jpg
211 KB, 746x715
>>927072
look at the middle east - some profess the same religion and have the same race, but there're slighly differences between them (mostly geographic - i was born here and you were born there) and that was more than enough to make the blood running for years and years

the only way to have world peace is by having either humanity wiped out as a whole or just let a handful of them alive while keeping their numbers in check - because, once the numbers rise people will go to further places and once they get a new identity everything will start all over again
>>
File: Most Important Book.jpg (229 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
Most Important Book.jpg
229 KB, 880x587
No because we are in a fallen state.
>>
>>920832

Not with Muslims being a major power
>>
>>927456
>look at the middle east - some profess the same religion and have the same race, but there're slighly differences between them (mostly geographic - i was born here and you were born there) and that was more than enough to make the blood running for years and years

But do geographic differences really cause violence?
>>
>>920832

If ressources were infinite and ideological fanatics like Al Quaeda and such wouldn't exist.

And no, my little left, they are not solely a byproduct of poverty .
>>
>>927474
not geographic differences per se, but cultural identity - and sometimes when there isn't even any culture they resort to "me from here - you from there. me good u bad"

just see how sports for the masses work; people insult, beat and even kill each other because their team is from a place they live in and the other is from some other place.

to put it pretty quickly and bluntly: we're naturally violent and we love to exercise violence and submit others to our will - and if we can do it with a tribe to support us, even better.
so have no illusions, we might wear clothes, be sympathetic to strangers and help grannies crossing the street, but if things go south and we feel endangered or need to provide to imediate family we'll turn in mindless amoral beasts
>>
>>920832
If you were to make that pizza burger...Thing a reality all over the world then yes.
>>
>>921443
Uh yeah, war and shitposting are not one and the same
>>
>>921535
Holy shit you're doubling down. Yeah come to think of it being called a faggot is just like war. Just like sports is just like war. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>921537
Ok it's a shit board. Now off back to pol faggot.
>>
>>921586
Lol arguing about a topic is exactly the same as wanting to destroy someone. Nice. Back to pol, they miss you
>>
>>921588
Shouldn't you be shit talking 12 year olds on xbox
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.