[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since this is a humanities board, what does /his/ think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: big bang theory.png (37 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
big bang theory.png
37 KB, 450x253
Since this is a humanities board, what does /his/ think about the fact that "nerds" are always portrayed as STEMfags and never history majors, English majors, philosophy majors, etc.
>>
That it gives rise to cancer but it is idiotic to obsesses over what retards do.
>>
>>920361
Because people in the humanities are not always "nerdy". They are more intellectual than the nerds. Every scientist I've met has been a complete normie.
>>
The whole concept of a "nerd" is flawed. Whenever media portrays something as nerdy they're showing such a small, niche group of people that it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>920361
"Nerds" in popular media are usually total spergs/autists, and those tend to go STEM. Humanities are usually where normies who want to look/sound smart go. Both have their fair share of intellectuals, regardless of what any console warring autists say.
>>
>>920361
because the latter is irrelevant to the audience that watchs shitty sitcoms.
>>
Maybe it's just sexier to write than to do mathematical equations?
Writing a several hundred pages long work on Stalingrad is just sexier than having to apply that G*m/r^2 = v^2/r
>>
>>920894
>>920906
>>920395
these 3 posts conglomerate into a /thread
>>
>>920926
>le STEM is plug and chug maymay
Number theory oozes sexiness you pleb.
>>
File: HRE.jpg (207 KB, 736x929) Image search: [Google]
HRE.jpg
207 KB, 736x929
>>920932
Just look at his.
Has science ever produced anything just as sexy?
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (1 KB, 125x47) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
1 KB, 125x47
>>920948
>>
File: Holy.png (62 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
Holy.png
62 KB, 500x444
>>920972
>>
>>920972
Have you ever had sex, anon?
The Holy Roman Empire produced sexy people and great mathematicians.
>>
File: Rey_Carlos_II.jpg (820 KB, 1855x2184) Image search: [Google]
Rey_Carlos_II.jpg
820 KB, 1855x2184
>>921017
To bad people just remember this.
>>
>>920948
I'm pretty sure we have a procedure for abortions.
>>
>>920972
this is a blue board
>>
>>920361
"nerds" in how they are portrayed in the media have very little in common with actual nerds. They are designed in a fashion so that normalfags can relate and are essentially normalfags covered by a thin layer of quirks and interests that normalfags deem "nerdy".

Also, nobody should watch shitty shows like that.
>>
>>921103
Not anymore.
>>
>>921017
>Secular German Territory people
>Sexy
>>
File: Esz.jpg (272 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Esz.jpg
272 KB, 960x960
>>920361
Social Sciences/Humanities have qties desu.

You can't NNNNNNERD :D XD that.

I go through my contacts list in the history/humanities courses and I can pull at least 10 qties. At least 20's.

I do so with the STEM people I know and these would be Pajeets and Huangs, and not of the Shah Rukh Khan nor Andy Lau types either.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.