[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is nostalgia fetishization a sign of a declining civilization?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1459500646507[1].gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459500646507[1].gif
1 MB, 500x281
Is nostalgia fetishization a sign of a declining civilization? Are we in the age of decadence?
>>
>>917953
Nostalgia, retro clothing, 80s dark synth and 70s funk revivals and remake culture are all signs of a western political shift to the right.
>>
>>917953

Yes and yes. We are witnessing the death-spiral of Western civilisation.
>>
>>917953
>nostalgia hasn't been the norm.
>>
>>917953
Yes.
>>
>>917960
>western political shift to the right
But it is obvious that society is shifting to the left. Even traditional right leaning places like USA is also moving left. Europe is too, though the immigrant crisis is slowing that down by giving right wing parties a chance to be populist.
>>
>>917960

>70s funk revival

Is this really a thing? I'd like it to be.
>>
>>917953
nostalgia fetishization always existed though
>>
File: 1457901451908.png (154 KB, 699x1459) Image search: [Google]
1457901451908.png
154 KB, 699x1459
>>917953
>>
>>918122

I'm pretty sure this was intended as bait for /pol/fags, but it's pretty true. Americans who have never been to Europe think the % of arab/muslim population is like their % of black population.

I live in the Netherlands. People like to claim it's multicultural and diverse here but it's blonde hair and blue eyes all over. Don't believe the /pol/ memes.
>>
>>918122
true, although Native Americans weren't really genocided, most of them were wiped out by European diseases.
>>
>>918138
They were still slaughtered for their heretic ways though. most died of diseases the Europeans brought with them but too often people dismiss the killings that actually took place. It was not nazi level genocide but it was at least Islamic State level terrorism.
>>
>>918133
>it's blonde hair and blue eyes all over

t. Friesland

Try living in Zuid-Holland/Randstad area; plenty of (sand)nigs here.
>>
>>918177
Why is Natasha Ali in my name field? Is this some april fools shit?
>>
>>918178
Hit F5.
>>
>>918122
dumb memeposting cuck

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>918133

Hoe weet ik dat jij niet in de randstad woont?

The USA has 12.61% black population. Only 80% of the Netherlands is ethnically Dutch.
>>
>>918192
That's lots more than ethnic Americans in America.
>>
>>917969
>populist are now far right
>Democrats now condemned the KKK and the Republicans are racist
>liberalism is a right wing ideology while and state control economy is left
>>
>>918213
might is right, faggot

watch this btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G83M3NKo4mI
>>
>>918133

tfw I live around Rotterdam

JUST
>>
>>918138
The UN definition of genocide includes forced relocation based on ethnicity/race.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 480x475
>>918122
Even though that's bait I am triggered
>>
>>917953
>Is nostalgia fetishization a sign of a declining civilization?

Definitely not. In fact it might be the opposite - "golden ages" tend to be times of change, which inevitably increases the amount of whinging about how stuff used to be better. You see a lot of this in classical Greece, for example.
>>
>>918189
>cuck
>reddit

You have to go back.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.