[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man is about to be locked in a room with a philosopher of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: гифки-шляпа-1397501.jpg (76 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
гифки-шляпа-1397501.jpg
76 KB, 600x360
This man is about to be locked in a room with a philosopher of your choosing for a conversation. What is said and how does it end?
>>
File: The Dog.jpg (8 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
The Dog.jpg
8 KB, 250x183
>>916568
Him and Diogenes get along. Although Diogenes thinks Karl is idiotic he respects his willingness to reject social conventions and materialism. As they leave the room they make plans to meet up next Tuesday.
>>
>>916568
nietzche because nietzche always uses high-minded pie in the sky allegories that don't always pan out like the "will to power" karl would probably just something like "isn't that whole will to power thing just a dick move"
>>
>>916981
Diogenes would at least know that Karl is 100 times smarter than his producers.
>>
Nothing, because he's an actor playing a role.
>>
>>917670

Bullshit.
>>
>Right, I just don't get it. There's this table, right? And there's this one. And there's not--they aren't the same table. They're just not. Dunno what this 'firm' shit is.
>>
>>917898
form*
>>
> so like I'm being bullied and oppressed by old ladies with pensions? Because I live from my wages and they don't. Is my nan a baddie?
>>
>>917887

You know there isn't actually a paper merchants in Slough called Wernham Hogg with a manager called David Brent either.
>>
>>917160
Wow this would be funny as hell
now I want someone to fund this and make a tv series where Karl is presented with the work of different philosopher every episode and he gives his opinion on everything
also add Ricky Gervais to the thing for maximum keks
>>
>>916568
I want him to talk to Wittgenstein. They will both be talking about language and it's relation to the real world.
>LW: some things can't be expressed meaningfully in language, only non-verbally. You can only make meaningful statements if you can define them in the real world
>KP: yeah english is complicated, innit? A lot of english words can mean many things...ehm..wear/where. Same word, different thing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2bTpyHGCE&t=9m54s
>>
>>918223
>>916568

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09fjqHRfjM
>>
>>918211
You don't believe that a functioning retarded simpleton like Karl Pilkington could exist? I'm sure you interact with people who have less activity in their brain than Karl on a daily basis.
>>916568
Schopenhauer dislikes his limited knowledge of math and natural sciences but enjoys Karl's abstract theories and devices that don't really have a purpose.
>>
>>919217

Those people aren't radio producers. They also aren't on shows made by a man who's noted for his scripted, documentary style shows.
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
>>919332
While it is obviously in his best interest to claim it. Ricky Gervais has said many times before that Karl is not a scripted character. I'm also not sure why he would try and hide it if Karl was a scripted character.
>>
>>919357

To make massive piles of cash from his goofy friend who doesn't know how the world works (disregard him being surrounded by professional comedians and writers)?
>>
>>919368
I thought we were talking about if Karl Pilkington was a scripted character or not.
>>
>>919376

I am. I'm saying that is why Gervais won't come out and say it was fake. The entire idea of the shows and books is that Karl Pilkington is a borderline autistic curmudgeon who doesn't really understand the world. It'd fall to pieces if he was just another character. No one gives a shit about Tim Canterbury, Gareth Keenhan or whoever he was in Extras.
>>
>>919399
Why would Gervais make such a big risk when it could ruin his entire reputation which is the only thing that comedians hold close.
>>
>>919420

Mountains and mountains of money?
>>
>>919504
I wouldn't risk my celebrity status if I had it for any amount of money. Gervais has horrible reasoning skills, he should have just ignored all of the claims and if it was some how revealed Karl is just a character Gervais could just shrug it off.
>>
>>916568
Plato
>allegory of the cave
>As Plato is talking Pilkington interrupts
"Why are these blokes sitting in a cave? Get out of the cave and get some food or something.
>Plato is surprised about his willingness to leave the cave and see the true light.
>Plato presses him on the issues of man
"Man? Like what do guys do round here? Well one of my mates makes people laugh, I met a guy at the pub who builds houses, oh my granddad used to farm-"
>Plato realizes the need for the specialization of labor given any western society.
>Plato and Karl continue walking, Karl being Karl trips over a crack in the road and bumps into a tall gentleman.
>It's Abraham Lincoln
"Faulty roads," says Abe
>Abe notices a man repairing the road
"Well atlesst he's taking care of it"
>Karl has sympathy for the man repairing the road
"That's a lot of road he has to fix, he should have other blokes helpin him out ya? I mean he can't do it all by himself."
>Abe admires the comment
>Abe opens his journal and begins to write, "The legitimate object of government..."
>the layman prevails
>>
File: happy elephant.jpg (59 KB, 650x496) Image search: [Google]
happy elephant.jpg
59 KB, 650x496
>>919760
>It's Abraham Lincoln
Where did Abraham Lincoln come from? Is he one of your favorite philosophers?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.