[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In which ancient cultures was public nudity most acceptable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: high test.jpg (2 MB, 2300x4025) Image search: [Google]
high test.jpg
2 MB, 2300x4025
In which ancient cultures was public nudity most acceptable?
>>
File: Diogenes of Sinope.jpg (3 MB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes of Sinope.jpg
3 MB, 1800x1322
The culture of pot dwelling philosophers
>>
Bonobo culture.
>>
Pretty much everywhere but the Middle East
>>
It was widely accepted among other form of degeneracy. Masturbation in public was not something that was frowned upon, animal bestiality happened everyday and people were most of the time piss-drunk. Grotesque nigger whores from foreign lands would entertain the Bacchanalia where vomit and sexual abuse would take place in the unholy rites of Evil
>>
Tupi-Guarani huehue
>>
>>914953
Didn't most ancient cultures in temperate climates consider clothes to be something you wore when it was a bit chilly, rather than something socially required?
>>
>>915008
>Masturbation in public was not something that was frowned upon
I know this was wrong because people make a big deal about Diogenes doing it.
>>
>>915027
Best native girl /his/?

I'm team /Himba/
>>
>>915008
>nudity
>form of degeneracy
I always knew you were born a degenerate.
>>
>>915048
Most public masturbators still kept it to themselves.

Diogenes would be masturbating while trying to find an honest man, plucking a chicken, and kicking up dirt to find Phillip of Macedon's skull.
>>
>>915066
>public masturbators
>kept it to themselves
I think it's a false dichotomy in the ancient era, almost everyone basically only ate and slept in their house and then only the majority of the time.
>>
File: marti gras.jpg (30 KB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
marti gras.jpg
30 KB, 245x243
>>914953
African. Pic related is their clothes.
>>
>>915125
Well, I mean they're not implying you're dishonest or making feathered bipeds featherless or anything.

Most just take care of themselves. Maybe point it at someone occasionally, but what else?
>>
>>915125
Apparently eating in public used to be rude.
>>
>>915065
>this is what Christians actually believe
>>
>>915052
Himba titties outta this world, only NatGeo I feel dirty looking at
>>
>>915679
My favorite history story

>From the day Zeno became Crates’s pupil, he showed a strong bent for philosophy, though with too much native modesty to assimilate Cynic shamelessness. Hence Crates, desirous of curing this defect in him, gave him a potful of lentil-soup to carry through the Ceramicus; and when he saw that Zeno was ashamed and tried to keep it out of sight, Crates broke the pot with a blow of his staff. As Zeno began to run off in embarrassment with the lentil-soup flowing down his legs, Crates chided "Why run away, my little Phoenician?", "nothing terrible has befallen you".
>>
>>915679
If you think about it, we make such a big deal of keeping it private when stuff comes out of us, so why not when it goes in?
>>
File: plznobully.jpg (63 KB, 572x497) Image search: [Google]
plznobully.jpg
63 KB, 572x497
>>916091
>Zeno began to run off in embarrassment with the lentil-soup flowing down his legs
poor zeno
>>
>>916091
Don't really get that story but I laughed so hard famm
>>
>>916091
>Phoenician
Was this the ancient Greek for nigger?
>>
>>916154
Zeno of Citium was literally Phoenician.
>>
>>916091
That sounds gay as fuck. Do you think Crates and Zeno fugged?
>>
>>920185
It's Greece. What else needs to be said?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.