[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit /his/, I've spent the last week and a half looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1024x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1024x851
Holy shit /his/, I've spent the last week and a half looking for a good WW2 Pacific Theatre documentary and everything I've found is ether wrong, biased, or shit beyond compare. What would /his/torians consider the best documentaries for this part of the war?
>>
File: 1428682185723.png (206 KB, 310x293) Image search: [Google]
1428682185723.png
206 KB, 310x293
Define "biased"
>>
>>912385
There was one "documentary" that just blantently made the USS Enterprise look like the goddamn messiah of the war, and equated its presence anywhere as the reason of victory, needless to say it got old fast.
>>
>>912369
You may check if BBC doesn't have something on it but it'll have focus on Burma and Malayas which may not be to your liking.
>>912389
I can recommend you "Keep the Battleship Advantage", by William Steerman but it's a book and it is biased in the other-way round(not even close to what you're saying though) but if you use it as a point of comparison with the CV messianic narrative you'll get a proper picture of naval conflicts in the first half of 20th century.
>>
File: History 1.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
History 1.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>912369
Just go to the Pacific theatre episodes in the series. They go decently in depth, but this is one of the least biased documentaries I've ever seen. Plus, Robert Powell's voice is god-like.
>>
Battlefield?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=posrOr6jCRQ
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.