[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought about how cool it would be to be the Eastern Roman/Byzantine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: pray for byzantium.jpg (68 KB, 697x942) Image search: [Google]
pray for byzantium.jpg
68 KB, 697x942
I thought about how cool it would be to be the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Emperor - Basileus, Emperor of the Romans, Autokrator, complete with the purple robe.

Then I remembered how many of the Emperors ended up being deposed and subsequently castrated and/or blinded with knives and crude implements, and then I realized I'm glad I can live in the modern world and pretend-play to being Basileus thanks to my strategy games without actually being maimed in a terrible way.
>>
Life is short, a good name is forever
>>
File: Hitler did nothing wrong.jpg (87 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
Hitler did nothing wrong.jpg
87 KB, 700x520
What purpose do our lives have without the glory of conquest and the joy of battle? Sure, war and violence is fucked up and times of peace can be good too, but is there truly a better feeling than conquering lands, settling areas, and erecting glorious monuments and cities? Why is that no longer possible? The best you could do is a micro country.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>907503
Fucking hell, meant to make a thread. Disregard this,although still kinda related to the topic at hand
>>
>>907503
>>907517
Well, because I can imagine being blinded and castrated to be an extremely painful and traumatizing experience. Also, consider how many Emperors ended up like this for petty squabbling and court intrigue...
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.