[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me a run down of Europe from 1450 to 1650, /his/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 3164.jpg (273 KB, 900x621) Image search: [Google]
3164.jpg
273 KB, 900x621
Give me a run down of Europe from 1450 to 1650, /his/.
>>
and then it got better
>>
>>904679

Spain beats France, France beats Spain.
>>
>>904679
So these Ottoman guys were like "We would like Constantinople" and the Byzantines were like "no man it's ours", so then the Ottoman guys invaded and took the city over, and promptly renamed it Istanbul because it sounds better.
>>
Essentially when Europe over comes it's social stagnation and pulls ahead against the rest of the world
>>
>>904679
Protestants ruined everything.
>>
Ottomans take constantinople and conquers Egypt, giving them and the Italians an monopoly on the trade with far away Asia. This triggers the Portugese and Spaniards to try and discover an other way to Asia, the Portugese going south of Africa and the Spanriards going west over the Atantic where they discover America.
Due to the richness and new discoveries the Spaniards and Portugese are pumping wealth into Europe, allowing Spain to assert a new role in the powerplay of Europe, leading to them and Astria BTFO of France.
Sine they have began to put Empire back into the
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
Everyone starts to get piss worried. So when some monk named Martin "The first Shoah" Luther decides to go against the Pope and a bunch of German dukes start to tell the emperor to fuck of everyone just decides to support them. Central Europe turns into a blood orgy, a few new powers rise and Sweden gets to spread it's cuck genes everywhere.
Does that sound any correct?
>>
File: local man.png (277 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
local man.png
277 KB, 480x360
>>904679
>>
>>904764
OP here, I see no mention of the Italian Wars. I know that you can just sum it up as "Spain btfos France" but is it significant at all beyond that?
>>
This is also when England goes to absolute shit then suddenly starts to become a big fucking deal
>>
File: descartes.jpg (73 KB, 476x484) Image search: [Google]
descartes.jpg
73 KB, 476x484
DUDE METHODOLOGICAL SKEPTICISM LMAO
>>
"Austria-Hungary during WW1" is a great book...look it up I forgot the author its been awhile, but it tells the German side of the story of ww1's beginnings, the struggle Germany had with national pride and hatred of jews, and ultimately leading up to the invasion of Poland...All I do know is that Poland has a great strategic geographical location, so instead of the super theories and whatnot, why not consider that Hitler invaded Poland simply because he knew it sat at an extremely important location.
>>
>>904781
They are important, sure, but I know a bit to little about the specific theatre to say much about it.
>>
>>904764
There's also a few coaliatiosn forming outside the thirty years war, mainly about the Ottomans.
Ottomans win a lot, but their advance finally comes to an halt at the siege of Vienna and Malta. The last battle was totally epic as well, sort of like the real version of Helm's deep or Minas tirith siege but with T*rks intsead of Orcs.
>>
>>904679
In the West: Spain vs France
In the East: Ottomans vs Everyone

In General: Religion is not worth fighting over.

>>904715
It wasn't renamed Istanbul until 1920's.
>>
Usury starts to really take off, first in Italian city-states then in Northern Europe after the Protestant Reformation freed usurers from the heavy restrictions imposed by Catholics.
>>
Turks fuck shit up

Selim the first, "Yavuz" (The grim/stern)
Secures his borders against the east and south against muslim "brothers" by defeating the persians and turkic-ruled mamelukes, thus opening the door to turkish conquests in europe.

The ottoman naval commanders fuck shit up
people with greek, spanish, italian, albanian and yugoslav roots become great admirals under the fleet that made the mediterranean their lake
>>
>>904679
we call 16th century a century of tears in croatia
>>
>East Empire gets #rekt
>people unsure how to get to Asia once the Turks closed the silk road
>people figure it's a good idea to sail to India
>most European sea fairing countries in this time get rich
>a few Catholics decide to become not Catholic any longer

Bonus points

>The Dutch: a history of fucking luck
>some Reconquista shit
>Russia is breeding at light speed
>Poland is doing some cool stuff
>Britain: a history of capitalizing at the last minute and claiming victory
>
>
>
>>
>hundred years war is concluded
>ottomans conquer istanbul
>iberians find new world
>ottomans rek almost everything in their path which stops at vienna
>religious wars and unrest fucks shit up in europe
>spain becomes so rich that its economy goes to shit
>france tries to conquer italy but gets rekt
>etc etc etc
>>
>people itt basically just talking about wars

credible historians
>>
File: 1441870982199.png (47 KB, 501x673) Image search: [Google]
1441870982199.png
47 KB, 501x673
>>904679
>FUCKING T*RKS GET OFF MY CONTINENT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>904679
Basically "Wh-what Middle Ages intellectualism?" the era
>>
Why did the Turks close off the silk road though?
>>
Side note question here, was wondering about how many copies of The Ninety-Five Theses was made during the reformation, does anyone know?
>>
File: howhorrify.jpg (9 KB, 100x97) Image search: [Google]
howhorrify.jpg
9 KB, 100x97
>>904679
>that map
>"German Empire"
>>
>>907940

They did not really close it. Venetians keep importing species from the Med in the traditional way for centuries.
But the Ottomans after conquering both Constantinple and Egypt seize the monopoly in the Eastern Mediterranean, so the opinon of the people who had already been exploring the Atlantic and hold the dream of fuck all the middle men trading directly with the source of riches, gained more weight.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.