[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he get anything right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 456734.jpg (205 KB, 444x593) Image search: [Google]
456734.jpg
205 KB, 444x593
Did he get anything right?
>>
>>904615
Didn't you get your Christmas presents? I think Santa does a fuckin great Job.
>>
>>904617
lel
>>
The fact that future politics will involve only materialists rip Europe
>>
>>904615
he got nearly everything right up until the end with a loose definition of praxis. he was like lucifer giving knowledge to those who weren't ready for it yet.
>>
>>904668
Ok, name one thing he got right.
>>
>>904790
"The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles"
:^)

start there
>>
>>904615

Capitalism causes social alienation.

That's something which not even the most stringent anti-communist can debate at this point.
>>
>>904840
wut?
I'm in a capitalist society and I'm not socially alienated
>>
>>904846
"socially alienated" doesn't simply mean outside of society in Marx's terms. inevitably one of Marx's 4 layers of alienation apply to everyone. read about it
>>
>>904828
Machiavelli came up with it literally centuries earlier, and had a more predictive notion of class besides.
>>
>>904846
On a large scale ya dumb dumb
>>
>>904857
no Machiavelli wrote the prince which later allowed "evil capitalists" to justify their own evil, even rename it something else.
>>
>>904854
I have, not convinced. I like my job. Maybe this stuff applies if you do something tedious or badly paid, but I don't.
>>
>>904859
Marx does that trick of assigned to capitalism that which is better assigned to human nature. He has little evidence for his claims.
>>
>>904876
maybe you should read more about double consciousness
:^)
>inb4 i don't care i have all i need!!
>>
>>904881
What has that got to do with anything? Do you assume I'm black or a woman? Or did you mean false consciousness which is a huge copout
>you don't know your own mind the way I do! We know best foolish prole!
>>
>>904828
That is just a shit adaptation of Hegelian dialectics, in which he decided to throw historical materialism in order to make his view unfalsifiable. There is no concrete evidence to it.
>>
>>904895
i did mean false consciousness and it seems like you have it. good that you understand some Dubois too.
still dumb that you are refuting it.
>>
>>904902
where is your evidence to show that it is false? what have you ever written and published?

oh ya..
>>
>>904870
>he hasn't read discourses on Livy

Pleb.
>>
>>904922
>contemporary Roman politics are the same as globalizing earth post-industrial revolution
fucking kill yourself idiot boy
>>
>>904926
>he thinks the discourses on Livy only analyze Roman politics.

Seriously, read it. He starts off with why Sparta, a state dominated by a warrior aristocracy, behaved differently than other states dominated by warrior aristocracies; and continues his analysis up to contemporary times.

Face it, Marxaboo; the whole class struggle is a notion your hero plagiarized, and badly at that.
>>
>>904911
Strawman and ad hominem at the same time. I'm actually impressed.
The point is that Marxism was created as a complete view of reality, thus making it impossible to disprove any of its aspects from within. Any objection can be guided through a pre-determined path and be given a programmed answer. However, his explanations don't work when isolated. They only make sense if you take into account the whole of marxist ideology.
>>
>>904948
every idea is plagiarized from something else or at least party derived from another idea you simpleton.
i don't agree with you that you can critique Marx for "not having the idea first" when he merely transcribed the idea to fit his own contemporary issues. everyone has done this for all time faggot.
>>
>>904952
the romans didn't criticize capitalism because it wasn't a fucking solidified theory yet.
i am not talking general politics you or the other anon is the one who strawmanned that from my initial comment way the fuck up there.
>>
>>904952
You strawmanned as well.
>>
>>904907
Why do you think I have false consciousness? Is it so hard to believe that someone enjoys their work?

Maybe it is you who has the false consciousness?
How would you know if you did? What makes you so sure you are right and I am wrong?
>>
>>904983
Where?
>>
>>905059
Well, for starters, Marx viewed his philosophies as a historiography, rather than a complete worldview.
>>
>>905114
1. That's not a strawman
2. Source
3. He can call his theories anything he wants, but that doesn't prevent others from perceiving them as they really are.
>>
>>905146
1) yes it is, you attacked a false premise.
2) From Wikipedia:
>Marxism is a method of socioeconomic analysis, originating from the mid-to-late 19th century works of German philosophers Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, that analyzes class relations and societal conflict using a materialist interpretation of historical development and a dialectical view of social transformation.
It's a historiography, not a worldview.
3) Bye, bye goalposts.
>>
>>905146
Anon 1: The point is that Austrian Economics was created as a complete view of reality, thus making it impossible to disprove any of its aspects from within. Any objection can be guided through a pre-determined path and be given a programmed answer. However, his explanations don't work when isolated. They only make sense if you take into account the whole of Austrian Economics.
Anon 2: Austrian Economics isn't a complete worldview, though.
Anon 2: One may call his theories anything he wants, but that doesn't prevent others from perceiving them as they really are.

Nice way of figuring out how to "btfo" any idea ever by figuring out a predetermined line of reasoning to which can be given a programmed answer. Jesus Christ you must be retarded.
>>
this is a pretty good quote
>>
yeah, everything
>>
Most things.

I mean the big issue is that he failed to see India as having any class conflict of his own, but Marx was a man of his time like anyone else.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.