[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
funny/autistic /his/stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: oh neptune.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
oh neptune.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>/his/tory professor asks the class if anyone knows what pax romana means
>i slightly nod in confirmation, as do a few others
>he looks directly at me and asks me to translate it to english
>"roman peace"
>"very good anon!"
>asks me if i actually know what it was
>give very brief summary
>"excellent! very good!"
>says to me "you must really like that period of history" with a sly grin
>turns head and begins to say something
>i thought he was still talking directly to me and that he was waiting for a response
>jokingly said "roma invicta"
>came out about 40 decibels louder than i meant it to
>realize he was talking
>my prof and everyone else looks at me like i am full blown retarded
>mfw i interrupted my professor by halfway shouting "roma invicta" thinking it would be funny
>happened this morning and i can't stop thinking about it
>actually want to die

anyone else have any funny stories involving /his/?
>>
>>903279
this is a funny story imo.
but just to make it clear:
pax romana was the "do ut des" way of life of the romans to live a good life like being succesfull, r-right guys?
>>
>>903315
Pax romana was the colonialism technique used by the Romans. They came, subdued the country, left a governor to collect taxes but let the country keep its laws and cultural identity as long as they didn't fuck with Roman rule.
>>
>>903315
Actually, it's just a roman agricultural method.
>>
>>903315
Nah, it was just a roman game convention
>>
>>903279
Haha
I wouldn't dwell too much about it.
>>
>>903279
these are things that you must face. So go I know, you would not stay. Be wise and True , but anyways, proclamation rickshaw point. No excuse to be so callous, dress yourself in bleeding madras charm your way across the khyber pass.
>>
Got into a long argument with my professor about whether Henry VIII had bastard sons or not. I said he did, my lecturer who was a renown scholar on Henry said he didn't and that he was a 'serial monogamist'. Turns out I was right, and I'm still angry about it. He even dismissed Henry fucking Mary Boleyn as 'hollywood garbage'.
>>
File: 1402704553248.png (616 KB, 1192x953) Image search: [Google]
1402704553248.png
616 KB, 1192x953
>>903279
Pretty funny op. It's not a big deal.
>>
>had group presentation on iraq and why it invaded kuwait
>dumb as /pol/ group didnt know crap about their own section. Bunch of sociology kids taking history course for lulz
>i ended up winging their sections in addition to mine when they couldnt pull through
>say something along the lines of iraq kuwait war started because of U.S bases being a threat or something
>prof inturrupts, says thats complete BS...it was because i had no clue.
>try to pretend i know shit. Argue back
>mfw prof was from iran and was part of iran iraq war or something
>prof in full btfo mode. He knows me by name. Never seen him more disapointed before

Wanted to strangle my group. And i aint even a history student. Im a commerce student with history courses because i love the stuff
Still get retard in group
>>
>>903315
whats "did ent do nuffin" in roman
>>
>>903315
pax is childrens slang for "dibs" in my country, pax romana basically means that rome has got dibs on the whole world
>>
File: 1451697571467.gif (381 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1451697571467.gif
381 KB, 350x263
>>904426
Shitty groups are the worst part of every history class.
>>
>10th grade history teacher gives the "Hitler would've killed all non-aryans" spiel
>ask her why he allied with the Japanese
>spaghetti_intensifies.jpeg
>>
File: 1405098991466.jpg (20 KB, 525x396) Image search: [Google]
1405098991466.jpg
20 KB, 525x396
>>904677
>11th grade
>everyone stand up
>everyone with no blonde or light brown hair sit down
>you and you, that is light brown, stand up again
>everyone without light eyes sit down
>every boy under 170cm and every girl under 160cm sit down
>Congratulations! You would have gotten into the SS!

>mfw almost half the class still standing
>>
>>904677

Is not like he invaded Soviet Union after having been allied with them
>>
>bullshit history group project with mostly retards
>one decent grill, one try-hard chinese immigrant without a clue, and a budding 18 year old /pol/ack
>get topic of super power interventions, and why super powers intervene in civil/domestic conflict
>immediately lay the ground rules out: focus on specific conflicts, and explain WHY the superpowers got into the war, not how the war played out
>presentation day
>grill gives a decent presentation on the middle east during and after WWI, focusing on why the superpowers were interested and not bullshit like lawrence of arabia or gallipoli
>chinese dudes turn, has slides prepared but decides fuck it, he's going to give the class a play-by-play of the korean war off the top of his head
>repeatedly asks rhetorical questions that no one cares about, blames america for starting the war
>/pol/acks turn, vietnam war. seems simple, right? domino theory, truman doctrine, previous colonial entanglements there
>nope. immediately begins his presentation with the tet offensive, years into the war, and concludes with some obscure bombing raid in 1972 bringing peace.
>not one mention of how war started
>my turn, soviet-afghan war
>so angry that i rush through it, but explain it decently
>fuck those retards

at least i got an A it while they got Cs, glad i walked away from that one.
>>
>>904505
svensk?
>>
File: cuckcuckcuck.png (550 KB, 555x482) Image search: [Google]
cuckcuckcuck.png
550 KB, 555x482
>>903279
>Be in elective class of the history of the church in seminar
>teacher makes mistake about the Carolingian dynasty
>sperg out hard
>mfw everyone just look at me with disgust
>>
File: 1400683673249.jpg (47 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
1400683673249.jpg
47 KB, 286x286
Not me but goddamn, it was an uncomfortable experience for everybody.
>university genocide module
>second class of presentations, everyone is half asleep
>dude gets up for his turn, unsure if I've ever seen him in the class before
>has a simple enough topic (not Holocaust-tier but not obscure)
>presentation is shoddy
>no concise background, genocide definition or real discussion
>abrupt ending
>everyone is focused, confused and nervous
>Q&A time
>lecturer says he has the first question
>he's got that sharp eyed look about him
>lecturer asks dude to define genocide
We had had a two hour long lecture a couple weeks before where we went over a billion different definitions from philosophers, historians, thinkers and organisations.
>"you know, it's like when you kill a lot of people and stuff"
>everyone's faces when
>lecturer politely but brutally tears this guy a new one
>"don't come to my class not having done to work, not having listened to what you've been told, try to lie your way through it and waste everyone's time"
>"any other questions?"
>fucking frostiest silence i ever did experience
>dude takes walk of shame back to his seat
>>
>Telling class that the visigoths and jews were peaceful migrants and that romans shouldnt have been racist because christianity is a religion of peace.
>>
>>909421

The goths were fairly peaceful though and everyone benefited from them. "Cultural enrichment" might be a meme, but it was true in this sense.
>>
>in class on the last day
>professor spontaneously decides for each of us to present our research to the class as a final assignment
>I give my presentation unprepared.
>basically saying stream of consciousness, thinking about my project
>while speaking, I notice the sorority girl next to me is looking at her computer
>accidentally tell her how rude it is to look at her monitor while classmates are presenting (meant to think it, not say it)
>everyone in the class looks at me like I killed a batch of puppies
>professor gives me a wry smile

I'm actually pretty proud of it, despite not meaning to say it. One of my genuine Larry David moments
>>
>>909108
why are professors like that

had a shitty period in my life and i completely fucked up a presentation. my professor just said "thanks" and asked me to sit down. emailed me later saying that he had expected better from me and if there was some way he could be of any help in the future and i apologized and explained that i had just found out my parents were gonna get a divorce so i was just distracted but was probably gonna be on top of things again soon.

sometimes there are reasons for fucking up and i just can't stand these asshole professors who act all superior. "don't come to me or my son's class ever again" what a douche.
>>
File: bad-idea.jpg (135 KB, 1000x753) Image search: [Google]
bad-idea.jpg
135 KB, 1000x753
When I was in second year at Uni I was incredibly, unfathomably lazy. It was pretty much the low point of my life. I had this Japanese lecturer covering one of my modules and she was so incredibly sweet, she looked younger than we did, and she had that bright spark of enthusiasm that could make anyone smile right off the bat.

I had an essay to do for her which I just couldn't bring myself to do. It ended up being 4 days late, which means 20% off the mark. It was still a pretty good essay so I still got 58% but my lecturer was really worried.

She sent me this essay length heartfelt email asking me if I was okay, saying that she saw great potential and passion for history in me and asking if I had any trouble going on at home, she gave me her number, her office hours and her personal email address and asked to meet me for coffee, and told me that she would get in touch with pastoral or medical services if I was mentally or physically unwell. She finished off by saying that I inspired her in her profession and that she wished more students were like me.

My reply was

"Dear Lecturer,

Thanks for the kind words. It's just laziness if I'm honest haha. Will get it to you tomorrow

Regards, Anon."

She never spoke to me in a personal capacity again
>>
>>904426
what class?
>>
>>909970
At least you were honest
>>
>>909970
damn dude savage. i hate it because i did the exact same shit.
>>
>>909610
if you don't tell the professor that there is some legitimate reason for your poor performance, he has every reason to assume you are being a dumb shit. How hard is it for people to tell their profs why they fucked up?
>>
>>910035
to build on this, read this
>>909970
that positivity from this anon's prof is about to die once more and more students are just lazy shits. and then she won't even bother sending the nice emails anymore.
>>
>>909970
>It's just laziness if I'm honest haha.

Fuck, I typed an e-mail with this exact autism to a similarly kind teacher some years back, what the fuck was I thinking. I guess I felt that she deserved honesty after being so kind to me. I'm still cringing at myself desu.
>>
>US History class in junior year of high school
>spend half of it fucking off, then discover history is fucking cool when the teacher splits up me and my dipshit friends and puts me in the front row
>end up getting into it to the point that he asks me for answers when he draws a blank
>teacher is, despite this, slack as fuck
>he's clearly been droning through the same powerpoints for years on end
>classwork is just a stack of worksheets at the end of the slideshow and homework is the same
>being a generally bright guy, I breeze through these with a good 45 minutes to spare
>pull out book about ancient Greece
>teacher tells me to put it away
>give him a somewhat baffled look and ask why
>he just says "because I said so"
>proceed to get into the dumbest argument of my life as I ask why my history teacher is telling me not to read a history book in front of a completely silent class
>end up putting it away and doodling for half an hour instead
Five years later and I'm still mad.

On a slightly related note, I was tied for highest score in my grade for the US History final with my current gf.
>>
>>910057
good shit
why did he nit let you read it tho
>>
File: Horror.jpg (38 KB, 351x367) Image search: [Google]
Horror.jpg
38 KB, 351x367
There´s this place in our town called Mount Calvary, which displays the scenes of the Cruxifixion of Christ carved in stone
>be in History class in High School
>Medieval Period and the Crusades
>Watch Kingdom of Heaven
>That part where They take Baldwin's mask off
>all the girls screaming in horror at his leper ridden face
>I'm laughing my ass off without any worries
>I give no fucks because their screaming drowns my laughter completely
>Later on (or before that, I don't remember) our teacer asks where was Jesus Cruxified
>I calmly say in the monte Calvario (Mount Calvary)
>everybody else laughs as if I was thinking it was in our town
>remember the phrase in the bibles here is "Gólgota que significa de la calavera" (Golgota which means Skull)
>mfw both words are used in the language though
>>
>>910071
I never got a satisfying answer. His trump card that won the argument was threatening to call security.
>>
File: sacking of rome.png (802 KB, 951x657) Image search: [Google]
sacking of rome.png
802 KB, 951x657
>>909482
king alaric sure was peaceful lmao
were the vandals peaceful too?
>>
>be me
>retarded 8th grader
>constantly interrupting class
>know a shitton about history
>in advanced us history
>teacher says the us entered wwi because of entangled alliances
>whatisthisbullshit.jpg
>i respond 'no, we entered because of the zimmerman telegram and the sinking of the lusitania. britain and france entered the war because of entangled alliances'
>teacher loses his shit
>bitches me out, says im a distraction, calls me retarded, threatens to kick me out of class
>no one in class paying attention until now
>i start crying
>everybody agrees with teacher
>the rest of the year is hell on earth

To this day, people still bring this up. The teacher literally brought up the fact that I suffered from severe ADHD and suggested I was autistic. I didn't tell anyone that he had done it, so he never got in trouble
>>
>>903279

Don't feel bad anon. I once said the 13th amendment gave slaves the right to vote in a lecture hall of about 100 people
>>
>>909970
did you fuck
>>
the glory of rome flows through you OP. dont worry about it.
>>
File: purge.jpg (24 KB, 255x340) Image search: [Google]
purge.jpg
24 KB, 255x340
>American history professor likes to bring up modern politics as an example and says he tries to be as unbiased as possible
>he starts talking about a xenophobic group during the Gilded Age
>he suddenly brings up the fact that New Hampshire just voted for a certain xenophobe in the recent primary
>>
>obsessed with the American Revolution in middle school
>start participating in class and engaging in the teacher's attempts to wring discussions out of us for once
>final reports are detailed oral reports on any person involved in the American Revolution
>one of the requirements is that you dress up as that person
>most kids in class don't want to dress up but the teacher doesn't want to budge from the curriculum
>reports are on a Monday, previous Friday I had a doctor's appointment and missed class
>on Friday the class finally convinced the teacher to axe the dress up requirement
>teacher arranges for people in the class to call the few that were absent and tell us about the change
>kid who lived in my subdivision and rode the same bus tells the teacher he'll tell me
>teacher doesn't know/care that this kid hates me and naturally the kid doesn't tell me (even asked if I remembered my costume on the bus that morning, that fuck)
>walk into class, late because it took a while, dressed like Marquis de Lafayette powdered hair and all
>first so silent you could hear a pin drop
>then sudden laughter
>even the teacher's laughing
>kid who hates me starts wheezing
>everything goes in slow motion, felt like the prom scene from Carrie but without blood and kids going 'YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO DRESS UUUUUUP' instead of 'THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU' and 'I'M SO SORRY CASSIE'
>instead of running out of the classroom I rush to my seat with my face beet red and don't lift my eyes until it's my turn
>during my presentation kids kept snickering
>big sarcastic round of applause, kid who hates me keeps going WHOO WHOOOOO
>never willingly participated in class again
>>
>>909529
Top fucking kek!
I don't see anything wrong in that. But it's funny how always acts like "annuddah shoah!" when called out on this kind of shit.
>>
>>903279
You poor awkward fuck (not because of what you did but how you feel about it). Spotlight effect, you think it's all eyes on you but in reality everyone else has other shit to focus on and doesn't care about you. It didn't matter to them 2 minutes after it happened and in 2 weeks their dull memories won't even know it happened.
>>
>>911469
You'd better learn to keep your fucking mouth shut next time, dreamboy.
>>
>>904042
So they basically copied Persian satrapies?

I feel like this is the best way to govern an empire t.b.h
>>
>>911813
It's just a prank bro!
>>
>>912129
>being a suzerain and milking your subjects of tax money
>not creating an empire where you keep loyalty by giving out monetary aid to your vassal states
2 0 1 6
>>
File: how_quickly_we_forget.jpg (21 KB, 432x319) Image search: [Google]
how_quickly_we_forget.jpg
21 KB, 432x319
>>904426
You fucked up pretty bad. That had absolutely nothing to do with it. Iraq and the US were still close allies. The US gave Saddam permission to invade Kuwait, and it happened because Kuwait had been dicking with the Iraq oil exports process for nearly a generation (in addition to "long straws"). It was so bad that the Iraqi businessmen were gearing up militias to raid Kuwait, without the central government's support. Saddam risked losing control over his nation if he didn't deal with the Kuwait problem, which is among the reasons we gave him the green light. He was our guy and we didn't want to lose him.

Saddam had already agreed to let the US set up bases on his own soil, in a large engagement with Iran, should Soviet aggression in Afghanistan be successful. There were military plans setup around these future bases, and even popular video games of the age had players flying F-14's and AH-64's out of Iraq to take on Soviet forces departing from Iran.

Problem, in the end, was the right political hand didn't know what the left diplomatic hand was doing, and didn't like the result. Thus we had the 1991 war of stupidity, that a little over a decade later, opened up the floodgates for a war that no one alive will see the end of.
>>
>>912141
Why the fuck would you take risk without reward (or in this case negative reward?) It's about your people not other people's people. It wasn't [2016]!!! mentality then.
>>
>>912161
Why does Saddam's head always look like it's photoshoped in? Even during his own execution I was like no that's not his real head this is fake. Like did Saddam even ever exist?
>>
>>912166
In a lot of ways, Saddam never existed - at least as we depicted him from 1990 on.
>>
>>910096
>High School
>Security
This still baffles the mind of us old folk who still remember when no school had security, save maybe universities, and even then it was one or two guys who spent most of their time eating donuts in a back office somewhere.
>>
>>911813
Fuck stories like this make me mad. God damn that kid deserved a punch in the fucking gut.
>>
>>911813
Heh, I woulda rolled with it and RP'd that up so hard that I paraphrased Lafayette's abdication demands in response to the laughter.

But I was president of the drama club in high school, so I never hesitated at an opportunity to go full ham.
>>
>>912190
universitys have full scale police now... big high schools do too, some have metal detectors....
>>
>>912251
The scariest thing is that university police report to the University administration.
>>
File: kent.jpg (203 KB, 1808x1500) Image search: [Google]
kent.jpg
203 KB, 1808x1500
>>912255
nothing wrong with that amirite?
>>
>>911813
dayum
>>
>>911684
The only relevant response
>>
>>911469
I would have fucking gone to the superintendent if necessary to get that shit dealt with. Nobody should ever fucking do that and the fact that he's a trained teacher makes it even less acceptable.
>>
File: tankman.jpg (49 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
tankman.jpg
49 KB, 400x320
>discussing current events in politics class
>mind you, this is a 4000 level course
>taught by a household name
>refugees come up
>teacher wants to know causes of the crisis
>my time to shine
>raise hand, teacher calls on me
>mention complicated geopolitics between EU, Turkey, and Russia
>mention how the EU has defunded a lot of their search and rescue operations
>current operation Triton is failing
>this causes all the deaths that make the news
>need to re-establish rule of law in Mediterranean and catch the people-smuggling gangs
>finish my rambling
>teacher looks me dead in the eyes
>tells me i'm wrong
>recites some vague bullshit talking points about the consequences of american interventionism

i tried guys
>>
>>917806
You should have doubled down on your claim.

Write him a small note with facts, if he rejects it then you know that he is set in his ways.
>>
>>905104
Did ain't I ME start playing?
>>
>>917912
>>917806
US intervention is the cause for the refugees to flee. What you stated is the source for the crisis.
>>
>>917806
Who was teaching you? Was it Noam Chomsky?
>>
>>918015

this
>>
>>910096
>call security
I can't imagine living in a society where this is necessary at schools, highschools, universities and so on.
>>
>>917806
He's right tho
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 249x250
>>918244
>>
>>904998
Holy shit, playing the guilt game so hard. Your teacher should be ashamed.
>>
>>904480
"Non nullus fecerunt"
>>
>>919344
He said the source not the cause.
>>
>>910071
>>910096
>>910057

if one of the higher ups sees a student in a classroom not doing work or assignments they'll think the teacher isn't giving enough work, and since OP already said the teacher was already slack, the teacher was probably just trying to cover his own ass of what was probably true, the teacher gives too much slack.

US education system is pants on head retarded. I'm surprised I made it out of there alive, was very suicidal towards the end because I felt like I was in prison for 13 years.
>>
>Be in middle school
>breeze through all the history classes because somehow people are incapable of not remembering very basic human interaction
>we do an extra credit game between groups of kids in the class
>me and this other guy are literally the only people who ever answer the questions
>we always had a bro rivalry going between the two of us, shit got competitive
>quiz game were questions made by the students
>we were learning about 1800's gold rush in california
>Question: Who discovered the Western Part of the Americas
>this shit is for the win, I got this
>answer "The Spanish" because that's technically the people who first populated the western parts of the America's
>Teacher says im wrong
>OH HELL NO
>she exclaims that the answers is actually the 1849ers which is what these stupid retard girls put down
>sperg out at her and exclaim how that answer is bullshit
>she refuses to do anything for no reason at all beyond "it's the answer listed here" which let me reitirate this again WAS DONE BY OTHER STUDENTS IN MY CLASS
>she freaks out at me and holds the biggest fucking grudge against me the entire year.
>still get an A despite her trying her hardest to fuck me over

Fuck you Mrs. Gibson, and fuck everything about you you filthy cunt.
>>
>>920633
I'm just gonna namedrop Richard Henry Dana here, who worked on a merchant ship and dealt extensively with Spanish colonial California in the early nineteenth century and wrote a really good book about it.

Some editions have an epilogue he wrote a fee decades later when he went back to Frisco as an old man and had a feelsy existential crisis at the booming city lying where he'd walked miles in the dirt to get to the nearest shack after a hard day of tanning hides.

Two Years Before The Mast
>>
>>921863
thanks, mang. ill check it out

shame about your teacher
>>
File: 1418788106589.png (214 KB, 644x682) Image search: [Google]
1418788106589.png
214 KB, 644x682
>>911813
lel, I had a similar project in middle school. Except I dressed up as Napoleon and kept flirting with the upper class girls who were listening to to the presenters individually in the gymnasium.

I miss not being autistic
>>
>>921949
ı want to watch a fistfight between you and a Prof dressed as bluecher
>>
>>903279
I got a few

>be horribly autistic
>start a unit on ww2
>reading (my school had a class seperate from english for literature) teacher goes on about the holohoax for weeks
>eventually just spurt out "when are we going to learn about the cool part, no one cares about dead jews"
>so autistic i did this straight faced in monotone
>teacher in shocked awe
>i then start drawing borders and mapping offenses in the war on the board thinking the teacher wasnt prepared so i should teach instead
This was middle school btw
>by the time im drawing the blitzkriegs advance into poland the principle comes and yanks me away
>asks why the fuck i did that
>literally say "we never even talked about the war, shes stuck on the jew thing like a broken record."
>tells me she is jewish
>literally say "neat" and then ask why she didnt start with pre war aggression like austria
>be so autistic im sent to sensativity counciling
>they tell me about sensativity, all they end up doing me is telling me the word nigger exists
>start calling everyone niggers no matter race thinking its a cool banned word for cool kids
>call the jew teacher a nigger
>end up doing a presentation later on about the mobile extermination squads
Pretty sure everyone thought i was a nazi but i was 13 and too autistic to even think what i was doing was not normal

I got more
>>
>>922511
Next one

>be in ccd, literally already read the entire bible because i thought it was just ancient history
>teacher talking about adam and eve
>one kid asks if they had kids
>i blurt out the entire family tree all the way to noah before the teacher stops me
>another time we talk about morality and how god wants you to act a certain way
>one kid asks how do we know what god says is really right
>i end up blurting out and retell the story of abraham and isaac for a good 30 minutes
>end up moved to the autist ccd class for kids who cant control themselves
>kids yelling hail satan and pissing in the corner
>im just sitting reading rhe bible again because im bored
>end up cover to covering it 4 time by the end of ccd before we moved up to optional ccd we can go to before confirmation
>go once and correct the teacher no less than 4 times about what certain passages say
>never go back because the church straight up told my mom to pull me out and just show up to confirmation
>show up, get cash, shit was cash, pick luke for a confirmation name because i was watching the original star wars trilogy at the time
>>
>>922520
>in high school
>ancient history
>we talk about troy and homers poems
>still horribly autistic but not cripplingly so
>i am bored as fuck, already read those so im fapping under the table to pictures of adromeda and greek statues
>no one finds out at all but one time we had to make a mosaic as a fun activity
>assignment was to recreate a minoan mosaic to learn about crete
>came before the teacher came by andnended up having to hand kix my nut and elmers glue so no one found out.
>instructor loved the piece and asked to keep it
>mfw i said sure
>>
>>922523
>sophomore year
>learn about state history
>eventually leading up to the civil war
>teacher pulls aside nigger students and aska them if they are ok with learning about the civil war
>still autistic as fuck and decide these kids should learn anywahs
>end up finding roots on vhs in the library
>before class i steal a tv cart from the teacher, set it up in the hallway and start the movie
>eventually gets to the whipping scene before a teacher cares to notice
>nignogs losing it so hard except for this one guy who has a boner
>somehow the teacher who responded first couldnt stop the movie and it never occured to her to unplug the tv
>sit watching while drinking a mt dew a nigger stole from the vending machine for me for $0.50.
>pretty gud movie, somehow i dont get in any trouble for this
>>
>>922523
>high school
>history class
>arts and crafts
Real lazy-ass teacher t b h
>>
>>922530
>senior in high school
>current events
>im read about middle eastern history at this point
>teacher talking about colonialism
>im nowhere near as autistic before but i still drop the ball and fall off the deep end occasionally
>talk about the ottomans and tribal bedouins under turkish rule
>call the splitting of the ottoman empire the source of the political friction today
>also call israel another big reason for the political friction
>teacher just sits agape as i talk about the middle eastern power vacuum and pro nazi arabic sentaments mixed with interventionism on behalf of the saudis
>the only time my tirade gets met with anything but rage
>teacher claps and points to me "talk with me after class"
>after class he gives me the final, i take it and he grades it then says I passed his class with an A and i can stop showing up if i want to.
>end up playing pokemon all year while answering questions the class refuses to answer due to shyness, got a shiny that semester

After that my autism became a cornerstone in uni philosophy classes
>>
>>922511
>I got more
You know what to do...
>>
>>922533
We did tons of arts and cradts. It was retarded but the lady just was moved up from elementary ti high school. Some of the students had her in elemntary school so she was popular
>>
>university group project about evolution of politics in different countries
>one class gets Japan
>one dude in the class is talking about Sengoku period
>slide presents 'Leyasu Tokugawa'
>he spends 5 minutes talking about Leyasu Tokugawa
>>
>>922540
Most recent now
>in uni, still am
>ethics class
>start talking about the ethics of war
>it turns into a discussion on is their a reason to go to war that is valid.
>someone brings up the crusades, some sjw ho
>i bring up muslim aggression against early christian levant communities
>i bring up persecution ofcoptic christians by the fatimids
>i bring up the umayyad invasion of iberia
>shes going full blown im a nazi
>im giggling to myself knowing if she got this mad i won
>whole class has erupted into autism at this point, the professor cant control it
>kid slugs the sjw as i sit laughing in the corner
And thats all i have
Mild autism except for i guess the masturbation thing
>>
>Year 10 History
>Learning WWII was mostly just an overview nothing in detail, pretty poorly taught
>Talking about the Holocaust and people Hitler did not like/opposed to
>Asks me
>List off the usual
>Jews
>Communists
>Gypsys
>Homosexuals
>Add that if African people were a larger percentage of the population (were a very small minority in the 30's allowing them to go under the radar) that they would have been persecuted as well
>'Nice Try anon but there were no black people in Germany'
>>
>>922523
>minoan
>mosaic
What
>>
>>910096
Fuck, security in school? Shit. I hate to be that guy, but that's the kind of thing that makes me glad I don't live in the states.
>>
>>904658

Group work is always utter and complete shit if you aren't in an institution that is somewhat selective of its members.
>>
>>922555
>>922540
>>922530
>>922523
>>922520
>>922511
did you go to school in the ghetto?
funny shit doe
>>
>>922511
>>922520
>>922523
>>922530
>>922540
This sound very much like you are a very perceptive guy but lack a brain-mouth filter. I kind of have the same problem.
>fapping in class is just bad though
>>
>>904405

Seriously though. As a grad student, I've had similar things happen in my department. The worst that could possibly be thought of op is that he's just a little to earnest.
>>
File: 1456189036974.png (354 KB, 725x684) Image search: [Google]
1456189036974.png
354 KB, 725x684
>>922555
>kid slugs the sjw as I sit laughing in the corner
What the fuck hahahahahaha
Would have loved to see that.
>>
>>922555
Don't forget the Armenian genocide.
>>
>>904998
What about the Bosnian SS Division? They weren't white :^)
>>
>>920633
lol what

your teacher knew that people, western people, as in spaniards, already lived in California by 1849, right? RIGHT???
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 450x299
>>923985
rude
>>
>>924049
oh, come now. we all know muslims are automatically brown people
>>
File: 947586121542.jpg (70 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
947586121542.jpg
70 KB, 640x468
>>924053
remember when /pol/ jokes were funny?
>>
>>904998
>girls in SS
fucking hack
>>
File: 1428197793576.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1428197793576.png
74 KB, 412x351
>>924060
Maybe they're Presbyterian.
>>
>>924068
it's called reverse search
>>
File: 1346157724739.png (131 KB, 360x282) Image search: [Google]
1346157724739.png
131 KB, 360x282
>>920553
>>923985
Nah, he was pretty cool about it. No shaming whatsoever.

He spent quite some time with retelling some stories from his father who got into one of those Napola/HJ subgroups in the 1930s - Aryans only style.

So, naturally he had some expertise in the subject. He also told us about the virtues and training that one would recieve insuch groups.

I think, he even hesitated to play the stand up game, but thought it would be fun, because as I stated before, half of us were still standing afterwards, me included btw. :^)

>>924067
We had like 6 girls in my history class. Don't know whether they were standing, probably not. Most girls chose Religious Education or "Ethics" if you are atheist.
>>
File: 1433710116002.jpg (583 KB, 1920x1220) Image search: [Google]
1433710116002.jpg
583 KB, 1920x1220
>>924060
relax, friend. I'm Portuguese, so i don't give a shit about who's white and who's not.
>>
My impression of autism is extremely effective.
>9th grade
>Just as Feminism is starting to become a word people recognise
>2009 or so
>Live in Sweden
>Be a complete shithead, laughing at the Holocaust and making the Teacher asks me if I actually believe in it or not
>Final test in history class is writing down a theory on what might happen to Sweden in the near future based on current events
>Start off by saying that the most likely thing is a conservative government, takes up roughly 1/4th of my essay
>Continue with me theorycrafting the implementation of a Fascist mutation of the current far right party, takes up another fourth of the essay, is described with vaguely positive phrasing.
>The last half is me describing a dreary Feminist dystopia to the teacher
>Get a B on it anyway.
>Teacher approaches me in the hallway, looks extremely worried, and tells me that I really shouldn't write that stuff.
>I respond "But I got a B on it, so it worked out, right?"
>He smiles in a clearly fake and pained way, and says "Really though, don't."

Then I got better.
>>
>>903279
>tfw so wellknown for my spergy obsession with southeastern asian history that the entire class stares at me for reactions whenever teachers talk about Japan, China or Korea during history class
>>
>be 5th grade me, 2008
>history nerd, fairly smart for an 11 yr old
>class about ww2
>"""social studies""" teacher tries to explain causes of ww2
>pulls up a map of Europe in 2009, points to Poland (mistaking it for Germany) and Russia, saying how "they wanted all of that land"
>"so can anyone tell me the cause of ww2"
>I try to explain how Germany was hyper militaristic and tensions with the USSR were eventually going to erupt as best as 11yr old me could
>some autistic fat girl eating a crayon or something cuts me off
>"because the Nazis were evil and they wanted to take of the world"
>"very good femanon"
>walked out of the classroom for 15min
>later got accused of cheating because I used big words on a paragraph about Pearl Harbor

I guess that's what I got for trusting elementary school to teach anyone anything.
>>
>Be in Wisconsin History class in university
>teacher talking about the horrid conditions many of the french fur traders had to live in
>teacher brings up that many of the fur traders were forced to eat beavers to survive in the horrid wasteland known as Wisconsin
>tell the teacher I have no problem eating beaver if you catch my drift
>entire class erupts in laughter and the teacher is red in the face

I apologized too him after class because I made the class about me as opposed to about him, but man, im not leaving low hanging fruit dangling like that
>>
>>924536
>Same uni teacher, but different class
>ancient world history
>talk about the ancient isrealites
>teacher explains how most of the histroy we know of the jews is based off the bible, so don't take anything in it worth anything other then the historical fact
>we get to the part where the jews reach Mount Sinai and he reads a passage about how when they reached the mountain that it was smoking, and bellowing loud noises, and lightning was striking it
>Teacher asks the class what this event couldve been
>answer that it was probably just the mountain having a tiny eruption, one not large enough to cause any erupting of lava, but enough to cause the cataclysmic events shown
>Teacher says that makes sense, but asks the class if there's any other thought processes
>Kid who has so far has only talked about his incredibly detailed knowledge of Roman Emperors (what is it with autistic kids with the Roamn Emperors and WW2 btw?) raises his hand
>"Do you think that all these events were actually the ancient people describing the events of an alien spaceship landing
>Teacher gives him the biggest "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY" face behind his normally calm exterior.
>"Umm, what you are looking for is historical revisionism, and we aren't going to teach anything about that." was his attempt at trying not to be a dick to this autistic kid
>Kid for the rest of the class always has to talk about ancient aliens whenever he gets a chance to the point the teacher refuses to let him answer anymore questions
>He stops showing up midway through the year

I feel bad for the guy, but man, he could not take a hint
>>
> high school, senior year
> poli sci
> not sure how it came up, but the teacher is talking about stereotypes or something
> Asians are bad drivers topic
> teacher says "its not actually all Asians. Studies said that Vietnamese people are the worst of the Asians"
> class clown who was forced to sit right in front of the teacher's desk because he's a fuckwit
> "yeah its cause there two busy riding camels!"
> dead fucking silence for a solid 3-4 second
> he's still smiling and scanning the room looking for someone who might've laughed
> comes up empty
> teacher continues on
> mfw looking back on that moment

I wonder what he's doing right now
>>
File: 1459020151902.jpg (28 KB, 750x715) Image search: [Google]
1459020151902.jpg
28 KB, 750x715
>Finishing up the WWII unit in history class
>Finish it off with a Holocaust lesson
>Once the lesson is over, the teacher asks "alright, any of you need clarification about anything we learned in the unit?"
>One girl sticks her hand up
>"Was there a war going on during the Holocaust?"
>Everybody's collective face when
>>
>>924238
And then it happened, and you were vindicated in hindsight.
>>
>Freshman high school
>Geography
>OK everyone, tell me about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and is impact on the economic demographics of each group
>Phrased so that the easy answer blames the Israelis for inhibiting foreign investment
>I write about how the Palestinians have mass migration from surrounding Arab countries and how any real comparison needs to compare the Israelis en masse to subsets of the Palestinian population (I mean even then it was obvious Gaza and the West Bank were different)
>Catholic school, everyone is used to research by now, but of course we are Freshman and we are still figuring stuff out
>Last week, we get our papers back, I got a D, most got C and B, but the fellow who got the A is publicly praised
>Hmm I thought I had a better paper better listen and figure out what the fuck went wrong

>Thank you for pointing out the CHINDIA element, how the Palestinians are like prisoners while the Israelis don't give a fuck, and how the US and Israel are waning in influence and will soon be eclipsed by Palestine, China and India

Granted I wasn't the best writer, but the D was for what has turned out to be factual.

Catholic schools actually do this intentionally, because by the end of the four years not a soul wasn't swayed by my arguments and a clear partition had emerged between students on intellectual grounds (AP/otherwise, not successful/unsuccessful, some retards were actually good at business, most retards were just kept around for the money), but God damn, I kinda understand how most non-Catholic students grow up to simply not know or care about proper research.

(The A student became a red-pilled Polish nationalist and sorta friends)
>>
>>922511
Anon, what you expressed had no wrongdoing, it was simply an outburst to a coming of senses.
>>
>>923065
>But it teaches students about teamwork!
I've been doing group works since elementary school and it's always been complete shit.
>>
>>912255
That happened all throughout History, though. There's a town in my country where a University has a jail in its basement.
>>
File: Caesar_sprite.png (12 KB, 374x572) Image search: [Google]
Caesar_sprite.png
12 KB, 374x572
>>904505
pax romana is latin genius
it doesn't matter what pax means in your language unless it's latin
>>
I didn't really sperg out in history classes. It was mostly in science classes that I was getting autistic.

I started skipping all the time in high school because I couldn't handle the stupidity and tedium.

Always got the annoying reaction of "Anon wasn't even here and he knows x thing, why don't you guys?" Then I would get glares from the class.
>>
>>922957
what
>>
>>924590
This is what the modern History Channel does to people
>>
>>925146
Every group project I've ever done has been one of:
1. Nobody gives a single fuck and we all work together to hand in a lump of shit so we don't all fail. Guy with a Mac does the video, guy who's into tech brings microphones and shit, guy who's in English does the writing, the girl adds a teehee or two so our project has some human element.
2. One dude is super interested and does the whole project. Everyone else usually just double-checks for grammar and adds their own references.
3. Nobody gives a fuck and we slap it together the day before. The rich kid buys the coffee and snacks, the smart kid writes most of it, the charismatic kid presents it. Usually the grade we receive is the same as 1 or 2.
4. A lunatic does his part with extreme detail and badgers everyone else to do the same. He's incredibly critical and condescending, making everyone not want to do the project. Otherwise like 1, but with a psycho in the background who doesn't understand why nobody cares about how often fish poop, or whatever the inane assigned topic is.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
>middle school social studies
>ending discussion on WW2 and Holocaust
>somewhere in the discussion, the teacher brings up the fact that Holocaust denial is banned in Germany
>tell us to raise our hands if we think that's wrong
>I'm the only one who raises my hand (I do not deny the holocaust btw)
>teacher asks me why
>"p-people should be able to believe what they want to believe"
>discussion ends there

Not sure if I looked like a neo-nazi
>>
>>911469
Faggot all that shit is propaganda, he was less wrong
>>
File: cct0037.jpg (569 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
cct0037.jpg
569 KB, 720x480
>>912190

Yep. Recall 1970s high school history classes with students bringing in old hand grenades, one kid brought a real SS dagger that his uncle picked up during the war.

No shits given (except for me trying to trade or buy the SS dagger off the weird kid). Now it would be full on bomb squad and SWAT, probably.
>>
File: tumblr_m9zj04FNvS1qzeqqeo1_500.png (507 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9zj04FNvS1qzeqqeo1_500.png
507 KB, 500x547
>>922350

No. No.

Student dressed as Wellington takes on teacher, and then as it looks like a draw, another student dressed as Blucher bursts in and lays the smackdown on the prof.
>>
>>925609
No, he dresses as napoleon, gets expelled from class and comes back an hour later.
>>
>>925582
>I mean the concepts around gun ownership and weapon ownership have changed dramatically since then. People didn't care that much because the people who were into guns were just generally gun fans and not crazy conspiracy theorists who think the government is coming to steal our babies.
>>
>>903279
lmao
>>
>>925638
sorry, didnt mean to greentext you m8
>>
>>925546
>Not sure if I looked like a neo-nazi
Enh. I know people who refuse to talk to me because I used to talk to men's issues weirdos. They don't want to hear the part about how I was trying to get them to actually address men's issues, and not just whine about feminists, they just want to hate me because I treated the MIA fuckers like human beings.

I figure I don't want to be friends with people so shallow, but it does hurt a little that I lost friends because I wanted to be nice to people who didn't deserve hand-outs.

>literally all their group did was post about how much they hated feminists on Facebook
>I tried to get them to talk about actual men's issues, like crime or male-associated diseases
>they ignored me
>go back to other friends
>half of them ignore me now and won't respond
>a rare comment comes out like "yeah Dr. Jameson is a little peeved you were an MI/RA for a while"
>but I wasn't
>"yeah he doesn't seem to care"
>>
>Be highschool
>History class is comfy time for me after sports class
>Only read homework to make sure it correlates with the dates and numbers I already know, otherwise none of it is unknown to me
>Very active during class while everyone else just spends their time browsing facebook and can answer pretty much all the trivia questions our history teacher drops that you can only know the answers to if you're really into history
>Except for one big paper during the first year, there's only an oral grade for history in my country
>Teacher keeps giving me Bs for some reason while others who rarely do anything gets As
>Parents tell me to go talk to him
>I do and he's like "oh yeah, I guess you deserve it"
>Actually get my A
>Teacher tells me right after the graduation ceremony on the final day of high-school, that he hopes I'll study history at the university, because he knows I'd be one of the best

I experienced this sort of mentality from a lot of teachers, who would praise my work, but never give me proper credit unless I discussed it with them.
>>
>earth space/science class, circa hs sophomore year
>teacher comments that the tunguska explosion happened in the USSR
>almost said it will still tsarist russia during the tunguska event, but didn't due to fear of being wrong

And that's about it.
>>
>discussion about potential utopian societies in English class
>be lazy shit, always half asleep
>teacher is a bitch and decides to make me be the one that has to point out potential flaws and pitfalls for each group's society
>decide to go full autistic and rip into everyone's ideas
>spend 3 classes dismantling their ideas and calling them communists
>teacher asks me at the end what my political affiliation was
>just shrug and say "I dunno"
>go back to sleeping through class and bullshitting my way through tests and essays
>>
>>925670

> be in college
> history is favorite subject but it doesnt pay
> major in science
> work as lab tech

Still dont know if I made the right choice...maybe if I had done engineering but fuck. I read history stuff every day, sometimes every hour of every day I am awake, I read science stuff only sparingly
>>
File: 1433618814405.jpg (8 KB, 209x214) Image search: [Google]
1433618814405.jpg
8 KB, 209x214
>>922530
>nignogs losing it so hard except for this one guy who has a boner
>>
>>925516
lol
>>
>>925670
This is a human condition of rating things based off of what they expect from you as opposed to what you deserve. it's very similar to the Placebo effect.

Basically, you're more likely to give a good "rating" to someone you don't expect much out of if it turns out to be good, but if you expect a shit ton from something and they turn out to be only good then the person is going to give them good "ratings"

people forget that Teachers are human beings and carry the same flaws as others. Although, Ive generally always found history teachers to be by far the most chill teachers ive had. Generally, it isn't like other fields where teachers are rejects and dropouts who werent able to make it into the real world and decided to teach as a way too make money. When you are a history major, that's basically the only job option outside of being a writer/politician.
>>
>>911813
capped the feels
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 509x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 509x800
>>922511
>holohoax
Found the /pol/cuck
>>
>>909970
>It's just laziness if I'm honest haha.
Fuck anon, you should have just lied.
>>
>>903279
I once ended a friendship over iconophilia
>>
>>910280
He's right, and the Vandals weren't.

There's a reason why the Romans were able to retake Africa in a single small campaign but Italy turned into a huge fiasco.

The Early and Mid 6th Century weren't a bad time to be alive, desu.
>>
>>910096
I have literally had that happen to me several times in middle and high school, and each fucking time I stood my ground and they never did it. Never got any shit from them after those times.
>>
>>911469
>The teacher literally brought up the fact that I suffered from severe ADHD and suggested I was autistic.
I had a teacher do basically this to me during an argument and when I tried to tell someone I got suspended for lying and slandering a teacher..
>>
>>912190
I got out of high school a few years ago and we never had any security, only the schools that had drug or violence issues had them, but that's South-East Michigan.
>>
My friend called out my cunt history teacher out on her bullshit and made her visibly upset
>>
>>922511
>holohoax
Fucks sake anon

https://desustorage.org/his/thread/509405/#509405
>>
>>903279
>Junior year U.S. history
>possibly the worst class I've ever taken
>no history was involved
>all about "perspectives" and "tolerance" and "technological integration", whatever the buzzword of the month was
>third of the time watch John Green Crash Course U.S. History (it was 2013, right when it was coming out)
>third of the time she bitched at us about white privilege or how we didn't do enough work (she was white and lazy so hypocrisy bled)
>third of the time we did stupid projects
>I would do actual projects with real, interesting information but most people just did shit and got better grades than me because they used "cool tech tools"
>second quarter I brought my dad and complained about it
>she was pretty friendly about it, and told me I should participate more
>I do next class, but she keeps telling me I'm wrong about WWI stuff when I wasn't
>literally told me that France was a monarchy in WWI, the Germans had a disastrous death march to Moscow and the Ottomans were on the British side
>conflated the Franco-Prussian War, Crimean War, World War I and the Napoleonic War into one shitfest
>I correct her and show her that she's wrong
>she's obviously flustered
>class bitches at me and says "you're so rude to her why are you such as an asshole"
>get a detention
>dad wants to tear it up, but mom makes me go

Worth it.
>>
>>922957
>'Nice Try anon but there were no black people in Germany'
I just can't even
>>
>>923026
Not all places have security, it's the 'at risk' schools, typically in the poorer areas with drugs and violence among the students. Oh, and just to be clear, it isn't for protection from mass shootings or anything, though some people are pushing for that.
>>
File: krezus_1.jpg (42 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
krezus_1.jpg
42 KB, 500x499
>>925710
Not really /his/, but I can relate
>go to magnet art high school
>be senior
>sculpture class consists of small table of seniors who are all friends, and a bunch of underclassmen
>project for the last few weeks was to make a sculpture from cardboard
>critique time comes around
>teacher splits us up into two groups
>I'm the only senior in mine
>sit there listening as people go around the group critiquing
>realize nobody is actually critiquing, just saying what they like about it
>realize I'm gonna have to be the bad guy
Mind you, there's a method to this sort of thing. Constructive criticism is the important thing, without suggestions of how to improve a piece you're just shitting on people. Still, these kids were sensitive, and the sole upperclassman who knows his shit poking holes in your work is intimidating when you're barely out of middle school.
>go around the table, pointing out flaws, offering ideas but overall not sugarcoating anything
>get to sperg kid
>point out that the craftsmanship on his piece is a bit rough, could do with trimming up ragged edges and picking at hot glue strings
>death stare
>whatever
>after this is done, groups disperse and are free to work on pieces or critique people one-on-one
>sit down at my table, continue working on small statue of Hellenic warrior based on that mosaic of Alexander BTFOing Darius
>sperg comes up
>looks at my sculpture
>"So, uh, what's this?"
>'It's a Greek soldier.'
>"Yeah, but like, what's the deal with it?"
>I guess he's trying to revenge critique me
>Take the bait, give him a general explanation of it
>he seems to realize just repeating the last question again isn't going to get him anywhere
>death stare, walks off
>give statue to history teacher once grading is done
Wish I had a picture of it. It was a cool little thing.
>>
>>923026
Also, some places also have metal detectors and shit, because students keep bringing in knives and shit.
>>
>>924085
>Religious Education or "Ethics" if you are atheist.
The fact some schools force students to take those pisses me off.
>>
>>924481
But anon, don't you know? All kids are retards who are incapable of reading or learning anything with more than two syllables!
>>
>>926388
This is what I was talking about. I went to decent lengths to replicate the armor, cutting off layers of the cardboard to reveal the corrugation and stuff.
>>
>>926415
That's pretty cool, anon

What happened to it? Is it stored somewhere? I'd love to see a picture of it
>>
File: 9IaD0pbFhGM.jpg (52 KB, 505x604) Image search: [Google]
9IaD0pbFhGM.jpg
52 KB, 505x604
>>924481
>I know this feel
>in first grade
>picture book writing contest for $10 prize
>write about Romans
>first grade teacher who knows me thinks it's great and it's a shoe-in to win
>day before the winners are announced
>get called down to the principal's office and get yelled at for trying to turn in something an older sibling did
>mfw I'm an only child
>>
>>925542
>A lunatic does his part with extreme detail and badgers everyone else to do the same. He's incredibly critical and condescending, making everyone not want to do the project.
I freely admit this was me, but frankly it was typically because they were incompetent, we were all graded as a whole, and I didn;t want to get a worse grade because of them.

[spoiler]90% of the time I just did their parts for them and made it look like their work, just to make I got a good grade.[/spoiler]
>>
>>925627
kek
>>
>>926377
>dad wants to tear it up, but mom makes me go
Other way around in my family, and at one point my mom bitched out the principal for detaining/suspending/trying to expel me so often.
>>
>>926422
>Not doing what a true Roman would do by explaining to those plebs how they were wrong and telling them how they're all fucked once you excape captivity
>>
>>926422
What'd you do?
>>
>>926438
I was seven years old. I just fucking cried.
>>
>>926444
That sucks anon, I'm sorry.
>>
>>925689
you were right, it was in 1906.
>>
>>926444
At least you got trips :)
>>
>>926452
Yeah, it was pretty shit.

The fact that kids can be "too smart for school" and get chastised for it pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>925542
I love being 4, but in my defence, why the fuck do you take an optional history class if you are not intrested in the subject
>>
>>926444
In all seriousness that's terrible, I'm sorrry buddy.
>>
>>924060
The fuck even is the point off that headscarf if you're going to show that much skin
>>
>>910057
My high school history professor tried to stop me from reading Newsweek. Turns out he was trying to do me a favor.
>>
>>926377
Ottomans suported the brits in the begening of the conflict.
Sneaky Churchill stealing ships and shit
>>
>>924068
They're Bosnians
>>
>>909970
Shit, I know that feel, but with my 10th grade English teacher. I was one if the best students in her class and we were total bros. Toward the end of the year I asked her if she would approve me for Honors in 11th grade, and she said that I had an easy enough time in her Honors class, that I was capable of much more, and that she wanted me to do AP English, to which I responded, "whoa, Honors is perfectly fine, I don't wanna have to do actual work!" Her face instantly soured and we didn't speak much again.

As for a history related story:
>first day of 10th grade, history class
>teacher is introducing himself
>says he loved history, he even took some Latin in college
>ask him how you say latin in Latin
>thinks about it for a second
>says he doesn't know and gets all embarrassed.
>>
God damn, I've got a good one involving history club.

Of the thread is still up tomorrow morning, I'll post it

I am so fucking autistic sometimes God damn
>>
>>922511
>>922520
>>922523
>>922530
>>922540
And next up on BBC Two, Shit that Never Happened.
>>
>>924338
>southeast asian
>korea

Wut
>>
>be in American history
>teacher tells class to split into groups opposed/for League of Nations
>be one of three people for it
>try to explain that it was just a shitty UN to make people join my side
>girl says that only non-whites were in support
>mfw I'm white
same class and unit
>going over letters to governments that were shit talking opposing countries
>questions about letters were explicitly worded to make people answer like an idiot
>mention it to class mates
>get harassed by teacher to stop influencing answers
one more from class, Vietnam units
>going over evacuations from Vietnam around end of war or whatever
>realise gooks had to have gone somewhere
>ask teacher loudly if that's why there are so many Vietnamese women working at the commissary on base
>everyone laughs
>my teacher tries not to laugh and just says maybe
I miss history class
>>
>>909970
Fuck.
I still do this. I need to stop.
>>
>>912209
>tfw I always wanted to be a real ham
>Always got a red face when I tried to
>>
>>926521
I'm doing this in law school. Get on my level pleb.
>>
>>924725
>Only catholics do research

The fuck you on about m8?
>>
>>903279
If you did this in the same class at me I'd get up and spit in your face.
>>
>>924338
None of those are in Southeast Asia.
>>
>>909970
i've done similar senpai
>>
>>921949
>ellis roberson
was this elliot rodgers ancestor?
>>
>>911813
You poor soul. I wore a flapper dress to English class in 10th grade to give a presentation on the great Gatsby and we weren't even supposed to wear costumes.
>>
>greek history lecture
>professor explains that the war in greece was endemic, and for them was more a matter of honour and sports rather than a war with real gains (this until the peloponnesian war of course)
>im drawing a warhammer ork dressing as a hoplite on my notes which is already autistic
>a 50yo student says that they must had some gains
>professor explained that when an enemy army invaded, the locals would bring all theyr goods inside the walls, even the damn doors
>"then they would burn the grain!"
>explains that most cultivations there were olives and vinegards
>they would have destroyed the trees!" this guy continues unable to understand the fact that they waged wars mostly for demostration of power etc
>this discussion goes on until the lecture ends

autistic, but not funny.
>>
>>927071
be my gf
>>
>>927086
But I'm a dude...
>>
>>927112
Not when you wear a dress anon
>>
>>927112
Negligible
>>
>>926757
You went to a DoDEA school? Which one?
>>
>>909970
Is it a common thing for female teachers to become attached, or sort of motherly, to their (male) students?

I had a young english teacher, who had almost just graduated uni, during my first year of high-school who was very considerate and fond of me, and almost seemed to consider us to be soulmates in a sort academic sense. For example, I had a teacher-student talk with her and she asked why all my papers were so good. I basically answered that I didn't know exactly, but if I had to answer, I guessed the subject was just "my thing", and she immediately lit up and said "I know exactly what you are talking about".

With everyone else she was kind of distant and even made a straight-A girl cry, because she insisted that the students work wasn't worth more than a C.
>>
>>926419
I gave it to a teacher, and the phone I took pictures of it with is long dead.
>>
>>904426

>arguing with a fucking Iranian veteran of Iran/Iraq war
>defending Saddam

kek
>>
a kid in my history class didnt realise planes could fly over the ocean during ww2

he was completely stumped by the idea that German bombers flew over the channel during the battle of britain

i dont know how its even possible to be that stupid
>>
>>927881

Friend of mine had a girl in his class who thought that the Berlin air lift was maintained via helicopter transport.
>>
>be German
>go to America as an exchange student
>English class, reading Night by Eli Wiesel
>teacher does the whole show of who would be sent to a concentration camp
>tells us all to stand up
>tells everyone not blonde and blue eyed to sit back down
>only three people left standing
>"Only you three would have survived, everyone else would have died in a concentration camp"
>ask her why none of my grandparents were sent to camp even though none of them have blonde hair
>told not to make trouble
>told we're being fed wrong information in Germany
She also said all white people are inherently racist since she lost a cooking tourney against a white girl when she was 10, even though her food was obviously better.

Had some good experiences too though.
First day of history class
>teacher wants us to feel like immigrants to show us how hard it was for people coming to America
>does the entire lecture in German so no one can understand him
>everybody annoyed/bored
>I'm having a blast
His German was really good, even though he had never been to Germany. He also told us within the first week that our history books we were using were biased as shit, never listing casualty figures for Americans but exaggerating everyone else's. Also he wasn't allowed to show us Tora Tora Tora since it wasn't approved, but for some reason Pearl Harbor was approved.
>>
>>927915
Girl in my sociology class had flat-up never heard of the crusades. As in, didn't even know the word.
We were 18 at the time.
>>
>>926901
C-chia?
>>
>>903279
>tfw arguing with liberal professors about Cold War politics
>tfw they should fucking know better since they grew up in the 70's and 80's
>tfw they still deny fact and quotes of politicians of the era
Why is it so hard to believe that people really believed the Cold War could and would go hot any second even after the 50's and 60's? I mean fuck, the closest the world ever came to a nuclear missile launch during the Cold War was in 1983. It wasn't like it's some fantastical idea. Too many postmodernists delegating history from the present.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (16 KB, 392x375) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
16 KB, 392x375
>>922555
Were you the insufferable only child in school who made up stories to make up for the lack of sibling affection? Because that's almost exactly what you're doing now.
>>
>>928062
>They're not real so they're bad!
Do you hate fictional stories, too?
Just let 'em be.
>>
>>928119
I don't mind fictional stories, so long as those stories actually have a purpose and aren't just used to present a Mary Sue version of the author.

Anon here is basically just saying "and then when the nigger asked for my money, I roundhouse kicked him in the face and fucked his gf!" It's not funny or entertaining, just cringe worthy.
>>
>>926401
Well, you cannot have 3 weekly extra hours of free time now, can you?

Religious education (Protestant or Catholic) was becoming more humanist towards the end anyway with morality, view on other religions, criticism on Religion and ethics.

The subject "Ethics" was just for everyone else (Confessionless, Atheists, Muslims). They learned more about philosophy and that sort of thing way earlier. I remember reading some of Kant's principles on some blackboard in 6th grade.

As a sidenote, here RE did really depend on the teacher. I remember 2 teachers who really knew their shit and actually discussed topics with the students. The younger teachers were not having any of that in fear of being ridiculed in class. Much better to be ridiculed and remembered for their ways after class.

And as a result, many folks came out more critical and sceptical of religion and the church than before.
>>
>>926901
I'm probably younger than you my dude

What college?
>>
File: 1456450869584.png (332 KB, 731x770) Image search: [Google]
1456450869584.png
332 KB, 731x770
>>925716
iktf, Im majoring in CompSci. I feel i still might try to take a history major afterwards if i get good money.
>>
File: 1458039971540.jpg (22 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
1458039971540.jpg
22 KB, 471x480
I remember making a dick joke when I gave a presentation on Teddy Roosevelt in us history class that got me suspended for 2 days.
>>
File: asddsd.png (535 KB, 364x588) Image search: [Google]
asddsd.png
535 KB, 364x588
>>903279
such a true fag.
>>
>>905003
>allied

Statement discarded.
>>
>>928002
Wierd, all of my super liberal teachers generally argued that the world was pretty close to nuclear hellfire any second during the cold war during multiple times, even after the bay of pigs incident?

Although it helped that my teacher was really well grounded and also taught a philosophy class based entirely on nuclear weapons. If you don't mind me asking, do you live in the South, I could see a lot of FIGHT AGAINST THE GRAIN people arguing that just to be contrarians. A lot of Conservatives in the north are like that which really just hurts the political brand they are trying to sell
>>
>>921863
>Two Years Before The Mast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4BiKHL-SBk
>>
File: 9wBm7NC.png (84 KB, 411x332) Image search: [Google]
9wBm7NC.png
84 KB, 411x332
>>903279
>At literal school for catholic autists and developmentally challenged
>Not catholic but everyone else is
>Be in fifth grade
>Breeze through classes
>They never taught history in the two years I was forced to attend
>Playing a game with a range of stunted tard girls mixing with our segregrated tard males.
>Game is made up by Mr. Goldberg. Sorta like duck duck goose but a tard stands in the middle and points at someone and gives them a monniker from history.

>I am that tard to be picked.
>Spin in middle, point at mean girl (who happened unbeknownst to me was jewish) Dub her Adolph Hitler
>She powerwalks over to this rattish teacher who invented said game
>Mr Goldberg drags me away
>Rants about how Adolph Hitler killed a bunch of his family
>Ask him if they ever caught this Hitler guy, he sounds tough
>Goldberg's jewery made him incapable of understanding concepts like mercy to young children so he continued ranting about nazis and shit we never learned
>Realizes the nuns who have human souls were rushing near
>Tries to dick me but he failed because I wasn't actually retarded and goddamn I coulda been challenged and grown but Goldberg did his utmost to suppress the catholics under his influence.

Then I saw him searching for a job in my new school for normies
>>
>>930422
Voltaire never said that.
>>
File: 1432794952856.jpg (52 KB, 514x571) Image search: [Google]
1432794952856.jpg
52 KB, 514x571
>>930426
And because Voltaire doesn't rule over you, you may criticize him.
>>
File: 1432015470163.jpg (37 KB, 670x496) Image search: [Google]
1432015470163.jpg
37 KB, 670x496
>>903279
>Entire middle school of hundreds of preteens sent to some "workshop" (I literally have no idea what the purpose was but a brief weekend at a summer camp minus fun shit)
>Announcement booms over dinner
>We were told we would be "learning about the underground railroad"
>I am 12
>Hundreds of our classmates ushered into a soccer field.
>Get divided into slave ships in what was to be the ground floor plan of how they transported Africans
>Forced to lie on the wetgrass head to toe with other flabberghasted 12 year olds
>Counselors and teachers would stalk the rows between the sardined kids
>If anyone spoke or cried the counselors roleplayed as slave drivers and told us to "hush up now or we'll throw you overboard"
>Threatening kids lying down in a field around dusk actually works
>Some kind of rebel yell call was given by the lead slave driver (there were at least five other slave ships of 100 kids each)
> We were made to stand at attention and roleplay through a slave auction
>Get a ton of shit from each teacher larper pretending to be a plantation owner saying I was too fat
>Branded a low grade slave
>Bought in a combo deal of 10 others by a female teacher
>Roleplay working shit jobs by sweeping the floor of one of the camp bunks
>Another lady teacher comes in, drops the name Harriet Tubman, and just with the same ferocity of that slave driver larper, she ordered us to assemble like we were in a covered wagon
>orders us to follower behind her
>we're runaway slaves heading to the promised land of the mess hall
>get stopped on the way by more larpers

This really dragged out but it goes further. When I think about I have no clue what was happening or what they wanted us to know
>>
>>927145
not so lucky, just a shitty High school near an army base
>>
>>930422

>yfw that 'voltaire' quote was actually made by Kevin Strom, "an American white nationalist, neo-Nazi, Holocaust denier, white separatist and associate editor of National Vanguard."
>Kevin "Charged for possession of child pornography" Strom
>>
File: quLqjC2.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
quLqjC2.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>930568
yfw the social dynamite of revealing what's going on makes cucks do a dance and jig
>>
>>930243
>If you don't mind me asking, do you live in the South, I could see a lot of FIGHT AGAINST THE GRAIN people arguing that just to be contrarians
The Southwest. I have a Marxist professor and a Latin Americanist that argue the same fucking thing and it irks me to no end. I'm originally from the South and I never saw that kind of contrarianism, so you can take whatever you're selling and shove it, fuckboy.
>>
>>930494
>not organizing a slave rebellion
>>
>>903279
>Be me
>Be in early 8th grade history class
>Talking about the early days of segregation
>Seems typical
>Suddenly brings up the lack of black actors in the Oscars
>I was a Mediterranean shit and there was this one brown girl (I forget what actually she was though), the rest crackers in that class,
>We just stranded there
>Girl randomly blurts out that they all live up to the gangsta thug stereotype
>Teacher uses some British kid to demonstrated stereotypes and how you'd expect him to drink tea and shit instead of joining the Crips
>Tfw the question linking Oscars to discrimation was on the test and I wrote one sentence
>>
>be brit learning about wwii
>teacher asks us to do thought exorcises weighing out the pros andcons of liberal democracy and communism and then goes onto nazism
>teacher asks in one what way were we worse off in the nazis invaded us
>one girl says "we'd get killed if we questioned the nazi goverment"
>now if you can think of one in what way would things better?
>"The country wouldn't be filled with pakis" some lad says
>teacher gets really red in the face and shouts at him to get out
>he gets suspended

It was really funny and there were literally only two east Asians in my entire school. The teacher should have just handled the bants better.
>>
>930717
This
>>
File: 1427494156339.jpg (11 KB, 326x315) Image search: [Google]
1427494156339.jpg
11 KB, 326x315
>>930717
The same thing stopping the darkies stopped us.
>>
>Be me
>Seventh grade
>Class activity for pseudo-WW1/2
>Teachers divides us into groups representing different countries
>Give us info regarding each other nation and our own
>Teachers assign one student to be leader at random
>I didn't get chosen
>Leader must decide how to deal with the other nations
>Leader is planning on war
>Start talking to other groups, same thing
>None of us want war
>Plan a revolt in all but one group
>Carry out and depose our groups' leaders when teachers are away eating lunch
>Place leaders under 'house arrest' since we can't kill people
>Establish New World Order as per treaties with other groups
>Invade the remaining group and arrest their leader for the 'good of the people'
>Teachers come back
>See students under guard in corners
>See 7 of us, who aren't the assigned leaders, giving orders
>Ask what happened
>Explain there was a mass revolt of and by the people, to prevent a world war, around the world
>Get told I shouldn't have done that and that it was wrong
>"But we stopped a world war and established a peaceful world government, why is that bad"
>Get suspended for a week
And that's how I learned teachers are faggots.
>>
>>929512
????
I went to school with some pretty "immature" (couldn't find a better word to describe genuine friends) and when they did shit like that they just got lectured or went to the office for 30 minutes. The absolute worst punishment was just not being able to go on a field trip.
>>
Just sitting in history lesson
Studying Cold War
Cripple friend asks what M.A.D. means
I go 'mutually assured destruction' thinking he was talking to me
Teacher goes 'well ask anon' then claps
Everyone claps
Head in hands
>kill me pls
>>
>German class
>Watching 'Night and Fog' (Holohoax doc)
>I'm enjoying a Coke
>get called to meet the principal with parents
>"Do you believe the Holocaust didn't happen?"
>"O..of course not!"
>>
>>926285
He's joking it's fine.
>>
>Be 5th grade
>Reviewing the Civil War and was given homework
>I transferred to this school during the year, and my old school only taught until the Revolution
>Next day the teacher is checking homework
>She gets to me and asks “Anon, where is your work?”
>”I didn’t do it”
>She pulls me out into the hallway and starts yelling at me

I wanted to explain to her that I was never taught any of the material. But, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Later that year, I was also detained by the teachers. Someone thought I was a bomb threat for having a fucking pipe in my bookbag.
>>
>>930494

>Get a ton of shit from each teacher larper pretending to be a plantation owner saying I was too fat
>Branded a low grade slave
>Bought in a combo deal of 10 others by a female teacher

holy fuck lmao
>>
>>909610
It's when you have to deal with retards so much you just assume everyone is an evil retard.

But a lot of professors confuse their easy desk job as something actually important to the world and get super buttblasted
>>
File: Ready.jpg (28 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
Ready.jpg
28 KB, 600x549
>In CCD
>Program's pretty dull honestly, it's all about going over abstract concepts that seem to go nowhere, as opposed to just teaching us shit we need to know for Confirmation.
>Break into groups after discussing the Nicene Creed
I forget how exactly it got onto this, but I remember a very specific sentence will keep me saltier than your typical Kazakh cuisine.
>"Well, the Catholic church as we know it has been around since the time of Saint Paul. The idea of it being created later is a myth perpetuated by the Protestants."

I don't think I really did it justice in this, but it was very upsetting to hear it in person.
>>
>>930818
Did Abe Lincoln and the Union Army save you at least?
>>
>>930918
This is basically what happens with revolts against violent regimes who are supported by super powers in real life.
>>
>>930940
>Teacher goes 'well ask anon' then claps
>Everyone claps
what?
>>
File: cowboy kermit.jpg (31 KB, 400x598) Image search: [Google]
cowboy kermit.jpg
31 KB, 400x598
>>931478
>Americans
>>
>>930918
You really got suspended for that? Sounds like average 7th grader shitposting
>>
>>931739
I got suspended for a lot of stupid shit
>Telling my teacher not to teach us god invented everything is everything that happens is his divine will
>Telling my teacher not to show up stoned to class and lecture us about drug use
>Telling my teacher that a ban on abortion can make sense sometimes (like mass population decline)
>Telling my teacher that it's bullshit to ask us 'what system of government is best' after only ever teaching us about modern US liberals and nothing else
>Telling my teacher to stop calling me a retard and saying I need therapy, both in private and in front of the class
>Not wanting to march with my class in support of LGBT rights (which for the record I support)
>Defending my self when students from above tried to attack me (they listed these as two separate issues)
There's more, but I had a shit time at school and got in trouble for retarded shit
>>
>>931836
>>Telling my teacher to stop calling me a retard and saying I need therapy, both in private and in front of the class
Dat right dere is bullying
>>
>>927941
Tora! Tora! Tora! is the shit, man, and damn educational, especially when compared to Pearl Harbor. It really sucks that American schools prefer to show sensationalist dramatized films instead of, y'know, actual informative ones. 11th grade US history, we were shown The Patriot and Red Tails, and told they were absolute gospel.
>>
>>931850
I hated him, so fucking much.
>>
File: 1446653802452.jpg (16 KB, 357x379) Image search: [Google]
1446653802452.jpg
16 KB, 357x379
>>931873
I know that feel

>be me
>2nd grade
>can't remember shit, but had beef with this one friend of mine for some reason
>He walks infront of my desk
>Shoves it in my chest
>I can't breathe, start crying
>Get sent to the principals office for "disrupting the lesson"
>Mother later asks teacher if nothing's happening to the other guy
>"Boys will be boys hehehehe"
>mfw
>>
>>931885
That is just some grade A bullshit you had right there
>>
>>930568
delete this
>>
>>931899
A. Time limit on deletion
B. Why? It's true.
>>
>>930494
Tell us more, pretty please.
>>
>>931323
>Educating the next generation isn't important
???
>>
>>931478
He's a Burg, mate.
>>
File: 1454138150179s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454138150179s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>932127
just let him be, anon, no amount of reason can save an idiot that far-gone.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.