[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://discovermagazine.com/1987/ma y/02-the-worst-mistake-i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 474x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 474x310
http://discovermagazine.com/1987/may/02-the-worst-mistake-in-the-history-of-the-human-race
>was he right /his/?
no shitposting about his other books pls just on this essay
>>
>>903136
>History
>Mistakes
This is like reverse positivism.
>>
>>903136
As ethnobotanist it's bothersome that lay people and generalists make a division between farmers and gatherers as if the divide is clear cut
>>
>>903136
Primitivists shouldn't be allowed to write any articles on the internet.
>>
>>903707
Are you new to white guilt?
>>
>>903734
Are you the salty wise man from the unabomber thread who still hasn't come up with a useful definition of freedom?
>>
>>903136
I don't agree with the way the article is worded but it is an interesting concept.
Don't think it's worth more than a few debates though desu. Seems like a weak theory made by a layman.
>>
>>903819
>definition of freedom
software that respects the users freedom
>>
>>903850
You still haven't defined freedom.
>>
File: toilet freedom.jpg (197 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
toilet freedom.jpg
197 KB, 1280x960
>>903850
hell yeah man, free software all the way!
>>
>>903853
it's a joke, im not the anon you are looking for
>>
>>903866
Funnily, the Anon in question is also not me, the Anon who originally asked for a definition of freedom.
>>
>>903734
No u
>>
The modern man evolved to greater intellect because of agriculture, less time spent collecting food, more time doing other shit.
I don't find the idea of being a bunch of fucking bonbos roaming around having sex and collecting nuts very pleasing.
>>
>>903850
t. Gnu/Linux bearded man
>>
holy shit, is that article a joke?

>misleading language that tries to make the author's interpretaions seem more concrete than they actually are

>confusing correlation and causation at every turn

>anecdotal evidence to pusuade us of female heavy lifting habits from thousands of years ago

> spelling mistakes for God's sake.

whatever about the actual position, there may well be some interesting things to be considered about it but this article is the sloppiest bit of writing I've seen in ages.
>>
Pls Look Sapiens: A brief history of humankind. It's amazing !!
>>
> the worst mistake in the history
> not holocaust
>>
>>903136
Our worst mistake was becoming conscious
>>
The Cambrian Explosion was the worst mistake.
>>
>>909194

This. Life should only be jellyfish, sponges, and various sessile filter feeding animals. Everything went downhill once articulated joints, eyes, and exoskeletons came on the scene.
>>
>>907711
>The modern man evolved to greater intellect because of agriculture, less time spent collecting food, more time doing other shit.
Did you read the article who say the exact opposite ? Collecting and gathering is less time expensive.
>>
>>909218
>>909194
>>909180
>>903136
all wrong!
The worst mistake in history was that RNA as the first self replicating molecule was replaced by DNA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_world
>>
>>907711
This. Hunter-gatherers could only stay at one place for that long. When agriculture started you could have generations working on something. You could have libraries built with each generation writing their wisdom. Who could not be useful at that particular time but useful to us in the 21st century.
>>
>>909220
The article is wrong.
>>
>>909275
>>909220
Another note that while the foragers may be able to collect a larger amount of raw calories, the body does not digest them the entire way. By the advent of agriculture allowed for the time for food to be partially digested outside the body, or cooked, allowing the body to absorb more nutrients.
>>
>>909270
Miserable. Absolutely miserable.
http://exploringorigins.org
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.