[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this makes you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Palmyra1.jpg (75 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
Palmyra1.jpg
75 KB, 1280x850
How does this makes you feel?
>>
Like we should have just gassed them like the rats they are to halt their advances.
>>
How will peoples reactions when finding out that all sides of the conflict partook in the looting make you feel?
>>
http://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/10.5615/neareastarch.78.3.0142.pdf?acceptTC=true

http://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/content_files/AAAS-SyrianTWHS-122014.pdf

As percentage of sites assessed, we see 21% of sites
looted in ISIS areas and 16.5% in Syrian regime areas, compared with 28% and 27% in Kurdish and opposition-held areas respectively.

It's no shock considering the country had -9.90% GDP growth last year (even Iraq and Afghanistan experienced a more positive net growth) and all sides are pulling funds which ever way they can through crude, amphetamines, and other anti depressants; Pfizer must be making a killing.
>>
>>903082
I feel like worshiping some idols now, does anyone have an icon or crest I can revere?
>>
>>903276
Looting is one thing, destroying is another.
>>
>>903213
Something like,
>GAS THE MIDDLE EAST!
>>
File: Kramskoi Christ dans le désert.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
Kramskoi Christ dans le désert.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>>903298
>>
>>903298
My dick.
>>
I don't really care that much desu.

The majority of civilisations, states, nations etc have done the same.
>>
>>903335
>I don't care about historical artifices literally at all
Why are you even here?
>>
>>903082
stressed out
the fact that they're pillaging even ancient islamic sites and artifacts makes it all the more senseless
>>
>>903334
Problems capturing something that small on camera or something?
>>
File: 1416361533720.jpg (11 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1416361533720.jpg
11 KB, 500x350
>>903335
>>
>>903310
It's still has the same functional effect with artifacts disappearing into some rich collectors hands and no way of knowing if any will ever be turned in.
>>
>>903356
How in the hell do you not see the difference?
>>
>>903354
As the last male prostitute you tried to hire explained according to your email here, if you want someone's mouth to physically fit on that thing, you will have to lose 50 pounds or grow several inches.
>>
"give us back our priceless archaeological artifacts you colonial imperialist pig dogs" they said
>>
>>903358
They may as well be destroyed since we may never see them and many will just lie around without being comprehensibly analyzed.
>>
>>903082
>How does this makes you feel?

Aroused. God is great, senpai.
>>
>>903082
Shit happens
>>
>>903338
Why does it matter if they currently exist or not?

History is more than just material and cool stories.
>>
>>903358
>>903402
Stop bumping your own thread.
>>
>>903385
>>903356
>they may as well be destroyed
But they aren't. Destroyed shit never ever comes back. Looted stuff is sometimes returned or appears in a museum/gallery decades later.

Destroyed = 0% chance of return

Looted = >0% chance of return
>>
>>903335
Isn't that y your here and study history? To break the cycle and evolve
>>
>>903418
>sometimes returned
oh well guess we should praise them for all the looting they've done/>not
Some of those statues were fake btw
>>
>>903421
>Progessivism
Is very unhistorical.

The idea that history has to live up to some sort of standard is inimical to the study of history itself.

Civilizations rise, fall, leave ruins, some people revere this based on their cultural background, some dont since they dont feel any connection to the ancients or think their pagan ways are harfmul. Get over it.
>>
>>903434
>militant millenarians
>civilized
nihilists confirmed cancer
>>
>>903447
>Anti-Progressivism
>Anti-Positivism.
>HURR HE MUST BE NIHILIST.
Spotted the STEMlord

I bet you think history is some sort of video-game tech tree and that people develop from tribalism -> monarchy -> democracy.

History is history. It just happens.
>>
>>903352
Nah, it's just hard to pick it out if you zoom out enough to get your mom's asshole into the shot. Hot dog down a cathedral, and all that.
>>
>>905321
Yea, small wieners are hard to make out in most situations and if you scale an asshole up to a cathedral size, that would put your dick in the nanometer range?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>903082
FUCKING ISIS STOP DESTROYING ARTIFACTS OF YOUR OWN HISTORY YOU FUCKING DICKS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>909030
Isis is like some fringe military sect, not really the same folk who made these ancient artifacts.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.