[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So I told the Kaiser to invade Belgium in order to get to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Alfred_von_Schlieffen_1906.jpg (90 KB, 800x1124) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_von_Schlieffen_1906.jpg
90 KB, 800x1124
>So I told the Kaiser to invade Belgium in order to get to France and he actually did it!
>What an absolute madman!
>>
File: happy merchant.png (204 KB, 353x402) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.png
204 KB, 353x402
>>902535
>So I told Bush to invade Iraq and he actually did it!
>What an absolute goy!
>>
File: 1449615760466.jpg (89 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1449615760466.jpg
89 KB, 621x621
>>902535
>mfw people think the Maginot line was a failure
>mfw people forget that Germany invaded through Belgium in WW1
>>
>>902602

The real judaization occurred with Bill. You're right about Good Goy Bush, though.
>>
>>902677
The french are idiots for building the Maginot line. The Germans literally took the same route in both wars and for some reason the French thought they would be nice about it and expend hundreds of thousands of infantry assaulting the fortifications head on?
>>
File: Chiang_Kai-shek(蔣中正).jpg (61 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Chiang_Kai-shek(蔣中正).jpg
61 KB, 375x500
>So I told the commies to go take a hike and they actually did it!
>What an absolute madmen!
>>
>>902677
The Maginot line was built in 1929. But you are right, the Franco-Prussian border was heavily defended ever since the war with Prussia.
>>
>>902683
The only idiotic thing that the French did was expecting ww2 to play out the same way as ww1, ie, trench warfare over huge fronts. The point of the Maginot Line was not to stop the German's assault entirely, but rather to close off one of the easiest routes that the Germans could take to invade France. This left only 3 areas where the Germans could actually break through into France: through Switzerland, through the Ardennes, and through Pas de Calais. The terrain of Switzerland and the Ardennes were a nightmare for trench warfare, so the Maginot Line essentially guaranteed that the Germans would advance through Dunkirk and Calais, allowing the French to concentrate their forces there. However, the Germans knew this, so they used their tanks to push through the Ardennes, and the rest is history. The French are still idiots, but they are idiots because they failed to predict the advent of armoured warfare, not because they built the Maginot Line.
>>903039
My mistake, I somehow confused Kaiser with Fuhrer
>>
>>903087

It's even worse than that. They had generals that predicted the future importance of thanks (namely de Gaulles) but he wasn't listened to. So France had it's tanks spread through infantry divisions whereas the Germans listened to Guderian/Rommel and formed actual Armored divisions.
>>
>>903135

Ok I reread that and the grammar is disastrous. English isn't my first language but you all the point.
>>
>>903135
But so did France. They deployed their own mechanized and armored divisions as well.
>>
>>903236

At first no they didn't. Rommel and his Panzerdivision met almost no resistance through the Ardennes. The French THEN formed their own armored divisions (before that tanks were splitted into infantry divisions) but it was too late.
>>
>>903249

I looked it up. Wikipedia says he was at first up against a cavalry division who had twelve (12) tanks attached to it - which is basically nothing. As you can guess I wasn't there at the time but there's two whole chapters on the subject in John Keegan's book which is well documented. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere I can look it up again and summarize it if you want.
>>
>>903249
???

What are you on about? Literally the only divisions former after the start of the German invasion were the 4th armored, formed just five days after the start of fighting, and the 4th and 7th mechanized which were created from the remaining units of former mech/arm divisions in June.

Literally every single other DLC, DLM or DCR was former before the German attack. Half of those in 1939 already.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.