[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did geography really shape up human history? Or is it just bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (7 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7 KB, 318x159
Did geography really shape up human history? Or is it just bullshit
>>
>>900751
Can you build a civilization that can stand the test of time, in an isolated desert?
>>
It started civilisations but didn't control the subsequent development of civilisations.
>>
>>900759
Fuck off Firaxis
>>
>>900759
With Petra, sure.
>>
Why didn't the people of Kazakhstan discover the Americas first?
>>
>>900991
Why didn't the people of the Americas discover Europe first?
>>
>>901001
Lower population and connectivity than Afro-Eurasia.
>>
Jared posting is just shitposting
>>
It's not like we could really know otherwise.
>>
How could it not have a huge effect? Why do you think the Mediterranean Europeans states went from being an important nexus of trade to a complete joke? Was it pure laziness or did changes in what goods were important and developments modes of transport play a role? Geography is always important.
>>
>>900751
Does magic exist and can people use this magic to live beyond actual, material reality?
No, so yes, geography is essential to historical development of societies.
>>
>>900751
Dumbest fucking question after "were the nazis actually antisemitic?"
>>
>>900759
Depends on how much salt I have around my capital.
>>
>>901013
Why didn't they have a larger population?
>>
>>902291
Not as many domesticated animals plus humanity started in afro-eurasia
>>
File: 1447546846432.png (129 KB, 275x226) Image search: [Google]
1447546846432.png
129 KB, 275x226
>does your enviroment play a significant role in development
Yes you bloody retard.
>>
Why didn't the people of eastern Russia discover America first?
>>
Of course it does. Why did Venice become a major trading power and not Austria
>>
>>902764
They did. The Inuets came over in the 13th century. It didn't matter though because the populations involved were so negligable.
>>
>>902291
Fewer easily* worked river valleys and fewer domesticable animals.

* "Easily" in that it floods frequently such that the flood plains are very fertile and all you have to do is drop seeds on the ground to discover you can grow a lot of food fairly easily.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.