[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts about Camille Paglia? Either as a thinker or as an art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: masc.jpg (162 KB, 653x738) Image search: [Google]
masc.jpg
162 KB, 653x738
Thoughts about Camille Paglia? Either as a thinker or as an art historian.
>>
Feminism should work the other way around, with women becoming more masculine (rational, taking responsibilities, interested in higher pursuits), not with men becoming emotional pussies like women.
>>
What do modern feminists (the serious ones, not the tumblrite ones) think of the idea of forcing women to register with the Selective Service?
>>
I agree with everything she says.
>>
>>899295
>Selective Service
What does it mean exactly? I'm not familiar with the concept.
>>
Was she second wave?
>>
Mediocre thinker
Good art critic
Amazing troll
>>
>>899322
She's anti-third wave, aka post-feminism.
>>
>>899320

You sign a paper that allows The United States to draft you into a war if they ever feel the need.
>>
>>899320
Basically all American men between the ages of 18 and 24 are required to register with the Selective Service. If a draft ever occurs again, your name is on the ballot.
>>
>>899333
Forgot to note that women are exempt from this
>>
>>899331
>>899333
Huh, I did not know it. Interesting. Anyway I think feminism by and large evades the issue of female conscription. I remember reading about how some attempts by early feminists (circa 1960s, i.e when the actual draft was going on) to raise the issue caused something of a shitstorm among feminist organizations.
>>
>>899353
That's because women aren't ready for citizenship.
>>
>>899252
>implying anyone cares about women's thoughts on any topic ever

My thoughts are that she would look good with my cock down her throat.
>>
>>899355

I would like to know more
>>
>>899659
I was mostly shitposting but here's an argument.
The state prefers male armies for some reason. This is because male bodies have properties female bodies don't. Citizenship requires that one be able to identify one's own good with the good of the nation. In a democratic society (I'm not talking about egalitarianism, I'm talking about democracy), people who cannot do this harm the country by misrepresenting its good as that of their class, gender, or rce.
Woman's suffrage was introduced into a patriarchal system. Neither the system nor women have been reformed in its wake. Instead, men have been reduced to people who can stand in rooms and make decisions with women who have been legislated powers that were not initially meant to be held by women. Because of the nature of the structure of democracy, women who want exemption from tasks that were previously mandatory for all citizens, voters, members of powerful areas of society (the people who exercise authority within the guidelines of the structure of the modern State, an d players in the private sector) were taken seriously. There have not been adequate measures taken go change women to adapt them to the realities of citizenship and what it means to be a member of a society. Instead, in the Western world, the way countries work has been dumbed down and feminized--Swedish feminism in foreign policy is a sign of this--to the point that I can understand why one would claim that citizenship cannot be predicated of most women. Selective service exemption is one example.
>>
>>899275
It is capitulation of the faggot males.

This society worships victimhood, so naturally weak-willed faggots realize how much easier it is to portray themselves as victim and cower like women, whining about how they are mistreated.

Thus, you get MRAs
>>
>>899275
>Feminism should work the other way around, with women becoming more masculine (rational, taking responsibilities, interested in higher pursuits)

I don't know if feminism should be about this, but right now, we have the opposite...

rationality is not well regarded
taking responsibility is against the spirit of times
interest in higher pursuits is not even on most people's radars. People only think about physical pleasure.
>>
Feminists usually complain about the double standards, where promiscuous men are considered heroes and promiscuous women are considered shit. Feminists decided that the best solution would be to make everyone shit and promote sluts as heroines.
This is a bad idea. Sluts are unhappy, miserable people that make awful partners. Their focus should be on improving men as partners, not on making themselves shittier people.

This would likely make men happier, as well.
>>
>>899941
This. Why is it so wrong for me, as a man, to want to take one sexual partner for life, and a virgin at that? The young men I see around me are disgusting dogs, constantly seeking meat sleeves for their cocks in clubs and bars.
>>
What kind of a world will our children grow up in? I'm absolutely terrified to take a wife and have children because of the possibility of adultery and also divorce. I want to have children before I'm 35 because I consider progeny the meaning of life but I'm really scared about the social climate they will be raised in.
>>
>>900022
The feminist idea is to be the other guy's meat sleeves and THEN marrying after a while.

This is a bad idea for both the women (as it turns out, the Greeks were right that temperance is good for your own happiness) and for yourself, but I believe it is the most common narrative.
>>
>>900051
Example:

>When looking for a life partner, my advice to women is date all of them: the bad boys, the cool boys, the commitment-phobic boys, the crazy boys. But do not marry them. The things that make the bad boys sexy do not make them good husbands. When it comes time to settle down, find someone who wants an equal partner. Someone who thinks women should be smart, opinionated and ambitious. Someone who values fairness and expects or, even better, wants to do his share in the home.

- Sheryl Sandberg
>>
>>899252
men are only allowed to be feminine if they're trans or gay. cishet men are still expected to be manly, and are relentlessly mocked if they aren't - including by feminists. look at the "male tears" meme that feminists love, reinforcing that men shouldn't be emotional
>>
>>899941
>Feminists usually complain about the double standards, where promiscuous men are considered heroes and promiscuous women are considered shit
Not a wonder Feminism started among Protestants
>>
>>900060
Actually men get tons of shit even if they're gay and especially trans as well, while women can do whatever the fuck they want basically. There's a reason gay bashing is a thing and not lesbian bashing, and m2f trans are getting bullied and harassed way more than f2m.
>>
>>900064
Simon de Beauvoir was catholic though. Even attended a catholic school iirc.
>>
>>900050
>>900050
Same.
My ex-girlfriend texted me immediately after breaking up with a guy she had dated for two and a half years saying she was excited to be free to fuck anybody she wanted. Then she started complaining about how all guys either want to just fuck her or are too 'clingy.' I'm not sure what she wants, if it's neither of those things. I've been considering trying to get back together with her because our particular history leads me to think that that might be a good idea, but I have reservations. I'm starting to think about marriage seriously now. It's socially unacceptable for anybody to admit that in my circles, though.

I don't think many of these women realize that people have to choose between monogamy and polygamy. Many of them reject the concept of motherhood entirely. I don't want to copulate with someone who doesn't care about her partners at all.
>>
>>900077
Choosing the woman who will bear your children is the most important choice you'll ever make in your life. If your particular history with her leads you to think she'd be a choice then go for it. If not, bid your time and explore your options. If you have kids with a cunt you'll regret it for the rest of your life. What led you guys to break up in the first place? Things like that should be thoroughly reflected on before taking the plunge.
>>
>>900058
Fucking hell this makes me want to strangle this jewish whore.

>give yourself up to misogynistic tools and share your first intimate experiences with men that regard you as a walking talking cock sheath
>after your body is used up, find a good guy, he'll always be waiting for you!
>feminist sexual "liberation" 101

Luckily my GF has no interest in casual sex or sex without any emotional connection so I don't need to worry about her fucking behind my back.
>>
This thread looks like it belongs on /adv/ or /r9k/. At least with academic feminists you can have some acrobatic verbosity going on. It is not becoming to take mainstream society so seriously, like the petulant ramblings ITT.

I think anon summed it up best that Paglia is merely an "amazing troll". You wouldn't go to her for anything else other than to make ideologues mad.
>>
>>900088
We dated for a while after I graduated high schoool and she was going into her senior year, then I broke up with her because I was going to college and I was like "lol easy pussy"
Then at the end of that year we got back together because I told her I wanted to try a more committed relationship with her. She broke up with me a month later because she was going to college and thought "lol easy dick." Then she entered a committed relationship a month into college.
Now she's single and thinking "lol easy dick and pussy" (because apparently she's always been bisexual and she didn't tell me till two days ago) and I mostly just want both of us to end up doing something smart. She texted me out of the blue after a long time without talking to me, so I had no gameplan going into this new time with her. I'm not sure what she wanted. It seems unrealistic to think that she expected me to be a passive object to talk to after our past. We took each other's virginity and she was pretty much my first love.
We have a very dialectical relationship.
>>
>>900108
>It is not becoming to take mainstream society so seriously
It is even less becoming to confine every criticism you make to the academic world, you fucking ivory tower faggot.
>>>/b/
>>
>>900077
>Then she started complaining about how all guys either want to just fuck her or are too 'clingy.'
Do western Women actually hate Men being "Clingy" ?
I am asking this because where I am from being "Clingy" is seen as being Protective and Manly
>>
>>900146
Yes, they often claim that they do.
>>
>>900124
You would be retarded to marry someone who is bissexual and feels excited about fucking whoever she wants.
>>
>>900159
At least being cucked by a female isn't nearly as painful as having someone else's dick in your true love's pussy.
>>900124
I don't think that this on-off history provides a good bedrock for a lifetime of commitment. I don't know that much about your life, but it seems like a mistake to consider having kids with her.
>>
>>900146
when they say they hate clingy men, they probably just mean creepy beta orbiters. they love clingy men when they're hot and alpha
>>
Here is another example on how promiscuity Os a virtue for modern feminism (Emilio Clarke's interview on sexist on Game of Thrones)

>There are women depicted as sexual tools, women who have zero rights, women who are queens but only to a man, and then there are women who are literally unstoppable and as powerful as you can possibly imagine.

To be powerful is to be promiscuous in this theory... Would the old feminists agree with this?
>>
>>900129
You really showed him what's what, kid.
>>
>>900159
Women can't impregnate her. I get off to the idea of cucking girls, desu.
>ywn fuck a 10/10 bimbo while your 8/10 wife watches in the corner
>>
>>900225
I don't see what's to show.
>>
>>899735
Would be more persuasive if many nations didn't have women serving frontline combat duty. Israel, for example.

Go try a second draft with some actual research and try again, kiddo.
>>
>>900243
There aren't many women on the frontlines in Israel too though, their vast majority is conscripted for administrative or civic jobs.
>>
>>900243
>many nations
>Israel, for example
If you want to talk about Jewish double standards, that's a whole different story. You're fallaciously assuming that I'm taking citizenship to require that people serve in the military. Nonsense. That's only one facet of my claim. I remind you that I'm shitposting and have been from the beginning, if you want to go on with the Israel argument I can't guarantee that I'll stop here.
>>
>>900243
I would advise you to study the role of women in the army of Israel, before writing so condescendingly.
>>
>>900243
women in the Israeli military are not full-bore infanteers.
>>
>>900243

Isn't Israel like the only country where conscription is obligatory for both sexes?
>>
>>900299
Norway as of 2016.
>>
>not a single post including source of OP
>>
>>900312
>Norway
So they need a massive army so they can kidnap children faster?
>>
>>900129
Everything outside mainstream society isn't contained within the "academic world". This thread is contemporary shit, not history, and won't be history, ever. You'd think reading lofty writers like Herodotus would lure people away from myopic concerns.
>>
>>900763
This board is for history AND humanities. This falls under humanities.
>>
>>899252
>Thoughts about Camille Paglia?
I'd shoot her and rape the corpse.
>>
>>899838
>feminists: MRAs are evil misogynist whining neckbeards who should stop their male tears and learn their place!
>traditionalists: MRAs are effeminite misogynist whining faggots who should stop their male tears and learn their place!

The Horseshoe Theory in action.
>>
>>900075
She hardly started feminism.
Paglia was also raised Catholic, BTW.
>>
>>899275
Uh, shitlord? Explaining how feminism SHOULD work? WOW. It's 2016. As a woman let me tell you, feminism is about equality. You may not think this, but its about enshrining privileges males have enjoyed for MILLENIA under patriarchal societies around the world into the legal and social fabric of western nations so that women can be protected and finally stand on an equal footing to men.
>>
>>901395
Is this b8?
>>
>>901492
Nice rebuttal
>>
>>901492
Take a wild guess.
>>
File: smug kang.png (174 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
smug kang.png
174 KB, 265x258
>>899941

>where promiscuous men are considered heroes

This is what happens when you base your beliefs on shitty American College movies instead of real life.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.