[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it have any legitimicy to you? Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Oden was the Viking god/hero; the antient historical father of Sweden.

A curious question is, which tribe/clan does Oden come from.
Prof. Sven Lagerbring of Sweden, believes that Oden was originally the ruler of a clan called Tirkiar (Turks). Professor´s claim is based on his readings on antient carved stone monuments in Sweden and the similarities between Turkish and Swedish languages.
>>
>>899129
Turkish and Swedish aren't similar at all.
>>
>>899129

>SWEDEN YES
>>
>>899129
Odin could have been a ruler of a tribe from the Caspian Sea who migrated to Scandinavia during the Migration Period. I don't know much about this but some words such as "Æser" could come from Azerbaijan.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakten_p%C3%A5_Odin

Here's an article on Thor Heyerdahl's theory.
>>
>>899129
Odin came from the Germanic tribes to the north and was mostly worshipped by the nobles, the common people stuck to Thor (since he's also the god who gives a shit about helping the peasants).

The Turk thing might be true though. The Aesir were believed to have come over from Asia and more or less replaced the Vanir.
>>
>>899220
Freya. Freya is the god of the people. Thor, and to some degree odinn only had cults predominate in the end of the Viking era. Peasants only give a fuck about childbirth and harvests. Also these gods weren't a subject of worship the way we think as most families worshiped their ancestor cult as all humans have done forever.
>>
No English sources for the claim, but OP's post is almost identical to another one that showed up after a quick Google search of the professor's name.
>>
>pseudoscience.png
>>
File: laughing NK girls.jpg (233 KB, 1600x1061) Image search: [Google]
laughing NK girls.jpg
233 KB, 1600x1061
>>899129
Ehm... No.

First and foremost, this whole "Odin" thing doesn't make much sense. Did he live some time around ~1000 B.C.?
>>
WE
>>
>>899129
>Prof. Sven Lagerbring of Sweden, believes
believed. nigga has been dead for over 300 years m8.
>>
>>899129
Who gives a flying fuck about stupid Swedes?
>>
>>900586
On top of this, he also claimed Yngve-Frej was the same person as Yngquei-mi in China, meaning the Chinese ruling class once got V I K I N G E D
>>
File: Soviet_Elves.jpg (131 KB, 780x488) Image search: [Google]
Soviet_Elves.jpg
131 KB, 780x488
>>900617
Google "gothicism". Shit didn't stop at China. The Atlantis itself was the primordial homeland of VIKINGS.
>>
Sven Lagerbring and Thor Heyerdahl are two morons
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.