[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red flags for historians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: costanza.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>post-mortem psychiatric diagnoses
>>
>>887825

This has got to be one of the most frustrating thing ever. Any time I see speculation about X person having Y issue I can feel an aneurysm lurking. It's much the same as the fascination with painting every major historical figure as homosexual.
>>
>>887825
Historian's fallacy is the worst one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historian%27s_fallacy
>>
Nah, man. Napoleon conquered Europe 'cause his daddy didn't love him and he was gay as shit.
>>
>>887825
>habitus is the explanas not the explanandum
>paper starts with a quote
>>
>>887825
My ex-girlfriend studied psychology.

She could'nt understand that dyslectic, autism etc. are not real illnesses, but rather some form of social constructs. Because they tend to outline behavior that diverges specific from a social norm, instead of being real diseases with a real biological cause.

Also:

Oh youre unhappy
>severe depression
>>
>>887825
Also:

>Facts
>Names 1 Casual explanation for every event
>History is factual and knowable rather than
a modern construct
>Hitler was evil
>Middle-ages are about knights and torture devices
>They thought the earth was flat during the middle-ages
>Slavery was a European invention that they brought to Africa
>The Europeans conquered the new world because they had superior technology

I can go on for hours.
>>
>>891058
>>Middle-ages are about knights and torture devices
Which historian would say this?
>>
I hate the term "Napoleon complex" so much.

Why can't Anglos stop making up petty insults for people even long after they're dead?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.