[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your thoughts on this /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I just bought it yesterday, a good friend of mine recommended it.
>>
>>1081344
It's a really great book, I was surprised how organized and wealthy they Moors were. The had a prosperous and powerful kingdom in Spain. This book will open your eyes to the pain and tribulations that they went through by the hands of the jealous and fearful Spaniards.
>>
The Smoors in Spain.
>>
>>1081384
This is better:
>In 1527, the Castilian conquistador Pánfilo de Narváez and a crew of 600 men sailed from Spain to the Gulf Coast of the United States to claim “La Florida” for the Spanish crown. Laila Lalami recounts the voyage — and its brutal aftermath — in her new novel, “The Moor’s Account,” from the perspective of Estebanico, a Moroccan slave of one of the explorers. It’s a fictional memoir, told in a controlled voice that feels at once historical and contemporary, that seeks to offer a truer account of the expedition than the official (and hopelessly biased) version of events provided by Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca, one of the other three survivors.

more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/books/review/the-moors-account-by-laila-lalami.html?_r=0
>>
>>1081384
Beat me to it
>>
Smoors in Pain
>>
>>1081384
Sounds delicious.
>>
>>1081382
>jealous
>conquered by foreign people that hate you
>live as second class citizens in your ancestral homeland
>jealousy
>>
>>1081382
>People trying to take back their country you invaded
>Pain and tribulations

The Moors dindu nuffin
>>
>>1081344
>Moors
>Black

lmao
>>
We had a poster with that photo when I was a kid Thanks for the memories
>>
>>1081344
>Moors
>Black

It's shit, OP.
>>
>>1083778
>their country
>>
>>1081382
Palestinians should not to be so jealous and fearful of Israel.
>>
>>1083995
>>1083785
What is this meme even from? Berbers, Lebs and Arab than formed the majority of the 20.000 first invasion were far from Black, and the slaves soldiers were Mainly Turks/Steppe nigger or Slavs, only the Almhoades used Blacks en mass as soldiers, and they were the last powerful enogh Islamic power to retake lands.
>>
Moors, sin, pain
>>
>>1085904
Also remember that most of the muslims in Al-Andalus were actually spaniards, the so called muladíes. But of course they were bellow an arab culture.

>>1081382
Bullshit. Al-Andalus was somehow like Switzerland but with an strong apartheid. Late with the taifas it was even more stupid.
The book "Al-Ándalus contra España" by Serafín Fanjul explain this very well.
>>
>>1081382

t. Alberto Barbosa
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.