[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me or this cunt barely had any control over anything that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: puyi.jpg (31 KB, 369x480) Image search: [Google]
puyi.jpg
31 KB, 369x480
Is it me or this cunt barely had any control over anything that happened in his life ? Could he have done something (is it the proper spelling) ?
>>
wild guess: you're korean
>>
>>883233
Basically, no. You have to remember that the ruling class of the Qing dynasty was of a completely different ethnic group and were thus seen as usurpers ever since the very beginning. As if the civil war in China wasnt enough to bury the Manchus further into the dustbin of history, then came along the Japanese empire who cucked the Manchus last emperor into powerlessness with every meaning of the word.
>>
>>883242

From what I read and the movie I saw on him I barely heard about korea having any influence in his life baring the korean immigrant in the puppet state so why do you say that
>>
>>883233
It's really sad tbf
Untill he went to Manchukuo, he only wanted to make China great again
And then the commies and republicucks decided to destroy chinese culture and turn it into a tateless, consumerist, Western-carbon-copy
>>
>>883242
Wild guess he just saw the "Last Emperor" from Bertorucci
>>
>>883280
>And then the commies and republicucks decided to destroy chinese culture and turn it into a tateless, consumerist, Western-carbon-copy

As opposed to having a stifling and backwards Confucian culture with hordes of unruly peasants, a corrupt government that couldn't do anything, and no order or standardization, right?
>>
>>883342
He could've reformed all that
Puyi was a pretty good leader and loved western efficiency culture, but wouldn't have sold the country to foreigners
China could've been Japan 2.0
But that wasn't what happened, unfortunately
Now we have a mongrel country of uncaring people that can't choose which path it wants to follow
>>
>>883342
Also
>Confucianism
>Backwards
lel what
the chinese just didn't adapt the concept of capitalist progress quick enough to get ahead
there was a reason China was the leading country in all aspects untill the Scientific Revolution
>>
>>883567

Confucianism stopped working once the colonial powers turned up. The Emperor was the last thing China needed at that point.
>>
>>883555

>Pu Yi was a pretty good leader
He literally did nothing in his entire opulent life. It was all handled by various advisers and a huge bureaucracy.

>China could've been Japan 2.0
Impossible seeing that there are 55 competing different minorities with their own aspirations who nearly all exploded under the final days of the Qing.

Japan however was nearly 100% Yamato, they had clear national interests and were not completely under the whim of foreign powers.
>>
>>883585
>>883601
pls let me jerk off to my sino-boo fantasy in peace
i just find their culture and history so rich and complex that it is sad to see it being completely anihilated in only 100 years
>>
>>883625

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtC3ORg9fU

:'(
>>
>>883233
Yeah the Qing could have tried being not shit.
>>
>>883646
At year's end, yin and yang hurry the shortened day,
At sky's end, frost and snow clear the frozen night.
Fifth watch: the drum and horn sound out mournful and strong,
Three gorges: the river of stars casts its trembling shadow.
Countryside cries from a thousand homes hearing news of the fighting,
Barbaric songs here and there rise from fishers and woodsmen.
Sleeping Dragon and Leaping Horse both ended in yellow dirt;
Waiting for news of worldly affairs brings me useless grief.

;_;
>>
>>883342
superior westerners at it again
>>
>>883555
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Days'_Reform

They tried, and guess who's grandaunt fucked it all up?
>>
>>883784
that whore fucked so many things up at the same time i really don't know if she was actively trying to fuck china
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.