[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Whore of Babylon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: pope-francis-768.jpg (94 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis-768.jpg
94 KB, 768x1024
Tell me /his/, do you worship the Whore of Babylon?
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (101 KB, 700x741) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
101 KB, 700x741
Why can't we have a single day without Christfag infighting?
>>
>>882054
no
http://www.fatimamovement.com/
>>
>>882068
teenagers are very insecure and seek validation from their peers by insulting others outside of their social group
>>
File: 1395259514892.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1395259514892.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>882054
>whore of Babylon
>not Israel
>>
File: Misato_Katsuragi.png (263 KB, 471x1000) Image search: [Google]
Misato_Katsuragi.png
263 KB, 471x1000
>>882054
I would worship this Whore of Babylon.
>>
How can he be a whore if he's a virgin?
>>
File: 8431844445_e842cd2601_b.jpg (346 KB, 935x935) Image search: [Google]
8431844445_e842cd2601_b.jpg
346 KB, 935x935
Adoringly and without hesitation.

>WARATAH-BLOSSOMS

Seven are the veils of the dancing-girl in the harem
of IT.
Seven are the names, and seven are the lamps beside
Her bed.
Seven eunuchs guard Her with drawn swords; No
Man may come nigh unto Her.
In Her wine-cup are seven streams of the blood of
the Seven Spirits of God.
Seven are the heads of THE BEAST whereon She
rideth.
The head of an Angel: the head of a Saint: the head
of a Poet: the head of An Adulterous Woman: the
head of a Man of Valour: the head of a Satyr:
and the head of a Lion-Serpent.
Seven letters hath Her holiest name; and it is
This is the Seal upon the Ring that is on the Fore-
finger of IT: and it is the Seal upon the Tombs of
them whom She hath slain.
Here is Wisdom. Let Him that hath Understanding
count the Number of Our Lady; for it is the
Number of a Woman; and Her Number is
An Hundred and Fifty and Six.
>>
>>882054

No, because I'm not a monotheist. :^)
>>
>>882076
Israel, Jerusalem, are sometimes called Sodom, or Egypt. Never Babylon.

Rome is Babylon.
The Vatican is the Whore of Babylon.
Romanism is Mystery Babylon.
>>
>>882153
He's the False Prophet of the Whore of Babylon, not the Whore herself. The whore is a city.

And from reports in Argentina, he's not a virgin at all, but a pederast.
>>
>>882164
Interesting. Different religion, but definitely as pagan as Rome.
>>
>>882076
>This is what passes far theology among Protestants

Fucking Facebook Christians.
>>
>>882164

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jesus respects your ice coldness to Him more than He does the lukewarm reception He receives from Catholics, whom He will vomit out of His mouth.

Unfortunately for you, I think that means that He will have an easier time tossing you into the incinerator.
>>
>>882054

>this guy again

Just get a trip already you fucking shill. You do a thread like this almost every day and post in every thread about it. Almost as bad as Constantine.

Don't you have a fucking tent revival to go to?
>>
File: Mahazhael.jpg (699 KB, 1280x1845) Image search: [Google]
Mahazhael.jpg
699 KB, 1280x1845
>>882226
>>882285
IJS, denying the Nazarene as a false prophet and accepting Mahziel as the angel presiding directly over Logos works for the Mandeans.
>>
>>882054
>christfaggetry
the protestant doesnt do it and then after a while goes to blasphemize. the next century she wakes up and finds her mouth still isnt there. she goes to europe to check and mouth sword pope gun antipope sword
>>
>>882349
What do you mean by "works"?
>>
>>882302
You should hear him spout off about the 6000 year old earth and the Illuminati and feminization microchips.
>>
>>883082
I never understand people like you. You never have any answer to why you think the world is so old, and yet you mock people who have an actual basis and an actual foundation for actually aging the world.

It is that you think you know more than everybody else, so that if you do not know it, nobody can?
>>
>>883082
Honestly this type of Christian roleplay is much more entertaining than regular Constantine type roleplay. At least this has style.
>>
>>883089
Better be careful; you might actually learn something that can change your destiny.
>>
>>883089
>>883091
Yeah, you might lose your critical thinking skills and become a idiot
>>
>>883108
What benefit does the smartest man in hell enjoy?
>>
>>883091
>What is predestination?
You papists sure are getting on my nerves.
>>
>>882054
I have no problem with either whores or Babylon.

Seriously, WTF is your issue with Babylon?
>>
>>883115
Amen brother!
true Christians think with their heart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_bqqvJdik
>>
>>883116
Predestination is a concept that people who do not put themselves in the framework of God cannot understand.

God chooses everyone who chooses Him.

God chose everyone who chose Him before He made the universe.

God, knowing in advance each and every person who would choose Him, chose them, and then said "Light, be.".

And light was.
>>
>>883125
It's the origin and continuation of all things ungodly and pagan. Most pagan pantheons can be traced back to Nimrod, the Babylonian king who built the Tower of Babel, his wife Semiramis, and their son Tammuz.

Most of what the Catholics do, they got from the Babylonians.

Babylon in the bible is set against Jerusalem.
>>
File: 1433045153984.jpg (54 KB, 366x401) Image search: [Google]
1433045153984.jpg
54 KB, 366x401
>>883132
>Most pagan pantheons can be traced back to Nimrod, the Babylonian king who built the Tower of Babel
>>
>>883137
The Christian Church for the first three hundred years remained somewhat pure and faithful to the Word of God, but after the pseudo-conversion of Constantine, who for political expedience declared Christianity the state religion, thousands of pagans were admitted to the church by baptism alone with out true conversion. They brought with them pagan rites which they boldly introduced into the church with Christian terminology, thus corrupting the primitive faith.

Even the noted Catholic prelate and theologian, Cardinal Newman, tells us that Constantine introduced many things of pagan origin: "We are told in various ways by Eusebius, that Constantine, in order to recommend the new religion to the heathen, transferred into it the outward ornaments to which they had been accustomed in their own...The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons, use of calendars, processions, blessings on fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison, are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church." An Essay On The Development Of Christian Doctrine, pp. 359, 360.

This unholy alliance also allowed the continuance of the pagan custom of eating and drinking the literal flesh and literal blood of their god. This is actually how transubstantiation entered the professing church.
>>
>>882302
>>883082
I'm OP and I never posted anything like that.
>>
>>883132
But anon, just because it's pagan doesn't make it ungodly. If anything, polytheism is quantifiably more godly than monotheism.
>>
>>883179
Godly things glorify God. Worshiping other things, things that God made, or things that something God made imagined, does not glorify God.
>>
>>883148
>pagan custom of eating and drinking the literal flesh and literal blood of their god.

This isn't something that the Roman religion would have supported. It's purely a Christian thing. You're right about a lot of the other stuff though.
>>
>>883188
Oh shush. YHWH is a perfectly fine god, but he's hardly the only one.
>>
>>883194
It's a Catholic thing, not a Christian thing. We know the bread and wine are symbolic, and do it in remembrance of what Jesus did for us on a tree 2000 years ago.

The pagan thing, Eat God, Be God, is exactly what is in the RCC catechism. And in fact, if you don't believe that, by the council of Trent, you go to hell.
>>
>>883200
He says He is, and that there are none like Him:

“Remember this, and show yourselves men;
Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it."
>>
>>883209
Eh, thanks for quoting poetry, but that's honestly a rather poor way of communicating.
>>
>>883204
>We know the bread and wine are symbolic
Who said that? Certainly not Jesus
>>
>>883217
It's Isaiah 46.

"For I am God, and there is no other"
>>
>>883219
The Son of God was lying when He said This is my Body...
>>
>>883219
Yes, Jesus. See, He handed His disciples bread after He said that, not torn off chunks of His human flesh. And He handed them wine to drink, and did not open a vein so that they could drink His blood.

lrn2metaphor
>>
>>883229
Was He? Or was He speaking symbolically?

Did Jesus want you to be a cannibal, and a vampire, thus breaking all known laws of decency and God?

Or is that just another foul abomination of the Whore of Babylon?
>>
>>883225
Great. So because written propaganda praising your personal god survived in greater quantities than that of various pagan gods, he's automatically right and everybody else is fake?

Proof by better bookkeeping, I guess.
>>
>>883232
Well he did not use simile and say consider the bread to be like my body like he would when talking to his apostles about his many parables.
>>
>>883262
Jesus never said "I am like this."

"I Am the resurrection and the life."
"I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
"I Am the Messiah."
"I Am He."
"I Am the Bread of Life."
"I Am the vine."
"I Am the light of the world."
"I Am the door of the sheepfold."
"I Am the Good Shepherd."
"Before Abraham was, I Am."

I Am is the name God gave Moses to tell the people by whose authority Moses came to them, I Am is YHWH.
>>
>>883262
>And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
>But not actually. I mean I want to make it clear that the whole moving mountain thing is a metaphor. I sorta covered the fact that the faith being as a mustard seed is figurative but the whole thing is too. Don't try and actually move Everest with your mind or anything, that isn't how this works though I will be flattered if you try. Anyway, just wanted to make things absolutely clear, if there is one thing I Jesus of Nazareth is known for it is for being completely clear and unambiguous in my speech.
>Thus saith the LORD.

Catholics have a really interesting Bible.
>>
>>883557
the kingdom of heaven is like.............
>>
>>883686
Different topic.
>>
>>883700
He did not say His Body was like this bread. For the bread was His Body verily, as spoken from His own lips.
>>
I've found you in three fucking Christianity threads and now you've made your own fucking thread.

Stop with this stupid Christfag shit. This is not /b/ where you try to rile and troll other idiots like yourself, this is /his/ were we at least try to keep an expected level of discourse.
>>
>>883148
The divine Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as opposed to human writings; and the oral tradition or living faith of the catholic church from the apostles down, as opposed tothe varying opinions of heretical sects—together form one infallible source and rule of faith. Both are vehicles of the same substance: the saving revelation of God in Christ; with this difference in form and office, that the church tradition determines the canon, furnishes the key and true interpretation of the Scriptures, and guards them against heretical abuse. (Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Eerdmans: Grand Rapids, MI, 1981 ed., vol. 3, p. 606)
>>
>>883148
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomina_sacra

Literally word worship according to Protshit logic
>>
>>883744
Kill the non-believer!
>>
>>883204
"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.
>>
>>884169
>>884175
>>884179
Protestants explain
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.