[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (142 KB, 457x242) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
142 KB, 457x242
What went wrong?
>>
N/A
>>
They fucked with Alex.
>>
>>880295
What was that guy's problem anyway?
>>
>>880268
Persian as a whole or just the Achaemenid?
>>
Not enough greased slave boys.
>>
File: pamap.gif (145 KB, 720x475) Image search: [Google]
pamap.gif
145 KB, 720x475
i want to know what went wrong with them, sassanids tried to erase their history, most of the record is from rome
>>
>>880315
His mom was batshit crazy
>>
>>880268
Nothing. All empires eventually fall.
>>
>>880395
Parthia mixed Greek elements with Persian, whereas Sassanids wanted to be full Persian
>>
>>880395
>Sassanids tried to erase their history
Patently bullshit. The Sassanids routinely venerated the Achaemenids, used them as the basis of Iranian nationalism, and wanted to return the Persian Empire under them to the same boundaries as those under Cyrus the Great and Darius the Great.

The Sassanids even made numerous references on their inscriptions and surviving records we have as well as from Roman and Byzantine own sources of claiming lineage from the Achaemenids. Where from this do you get them trying to "erase" the legacy of the Achaemenids?
>>
>>880778
Oh shit my bad I misread >>880395 with >>880268 this posts.

As for the Arsacids, I believe the Sassanids only obliterated direct monuments of the Arsacids otherwise they don't exactly shit on them.
>>
Autism
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.