[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: China_-_Song_Dynasty-en.png (211 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
China_-_Song_Dynasty-en.png
211 KB, 800x786
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
Too much wen, not enough wu. Mongols had lots of wu, took all of Song's wen.
>>
How did the Mongols win anyway? Were Chinese generals out of practice? Did they not read Sun Tzu?
>>
>>876748
Song BTFO 1005 best year of my life Khitan master race
>>
>>877486
>Song dynasty
>chinese generals actually getting to command anything
Top kek.
>>
>>877486
It took the Mongol 80+ years to conquer the Song. And that was after they conquered the ME.
>>
File: China_-_Southern_Song_Dynasty.png (219 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
China_-_Southern_Song_Dynasty.png
219 KB, 800x786
>>877510
How did the Song retained the Mandate of Heaven after being totally fucked is beyond me
>>
>>877884
they shared their Mandate of Heaven, calling the Khitan Emperors their little brothers and shit

in actuality, they just cucked themselves and paid tribute to the nomadic powers in the region, occasionally interfering in steppe politics to keep the status quo, which later lead to their ruin because they fucked with the Mongols by actively supporting their rivals
>>
File: W020151220742337806950.jpg (17 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
W020151220742337806950.jpg
17 KB, 300x326
Letting Turks into your country
>>
>>877884
>Mandate of Heaven
An invented concept by Christian historians.
>>
>>878884
Nope. You're thinking of Divine Right, m8.
>>
>>878904
Literally one in 17 book in Imperial Chinese history would bother mention that concept even if you count the contemporary superstitious ones.
>>
>>878921
>Literally one in 17 book in Imperial Chinese history

Then it wasn't invented by Christian historians in that case was it?
>>
>>877486
>Be General in Song Dynasty
>Get executed
>>
>>879348
>for winning
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.