[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>monotheism >atheism For too long the western world has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 0*GaeDV-U67wfLHOGI.jpg (136 KB, 624x499) Image search: [Google]
0*GaeDV-U67wfLHOGI.jpg
136 KB, 624x499
>monotheism
>atheism

For too long the western world has been struggling in vain between both of these beliefs.

Polytheism is truth.
Polytheism is the way.

It's time to come home.
>>
hinduism isn't polytheistic, and is actually more monastic than abrahamic religions
>>
>>875984
Obviosuly we need to return to the original indo-european religion, the only true religion for aryans. Hail Dyeus Phater
>>
>>875984
Why are they so smug
>>
File: da phuc.jpg (12 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
da phuc.jpg
12 KB, 480x468
>>875984
The only theologically competent polytheistic system is Hinduism, which is ultimately monotheistic, funnily enough.
What are you, some Pajit who doesn't understand his own faith?
>>
>>875988
I think you mean monotheistic.

And really, that statement is debatable. Yes, most Hindus, especially in the West, will say that "all Hindu gods are just avatars of Brahma which is the one, transcendent God", but for millions of Hindus in India their faith is very much about worshipping specific deities as *individual beings.*
>>
>>876101
I'm illiterate in christian theology. But I've read and heard that the holy trilogy are aspects of god in a similar manner. Though I don't know whether they are worshiped as aspects in an individual manner, whether that is heresy, or whether worshiping a part of the trilogy is the same as worshiping god.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>875984

With all those hands that bitch will be able to please many men and children.
>>
>>876112
>transcendental handjobs
>>
Put up the evidence or buzz off.
>>
>>876108
Christian theology is a weird one. Basically, all mainstream Christians believe God to be three separate Persons sharing one Essence.

The Father is not the Son is not the Spirit, but they are all God, equally and fully. When you praise God you are praising "all" of them simultaneously, since all of them are One (but still distinct from each other.)

It's not supposed to make logical sense, as the argument goes that the nature of God is beyond human comprehension.
>>
File: dcfrgty-544x360.png (142 KB, 544x360) Image search: [Google]
dcfrgty-544x360.png
142 KB, 544x360
>>876129
>>
>>876313
Wait, equally God? Isn't Yahweh>Logos? Didn't Jesus actually say that?
>>
>>876024
>implying there is any kind of theology/philosophy applying to all Hinduism

Try talking to literally anyone from India before making blanket statements about the religion, chump. There is no "true" or "correct" conception of Hinduism, particularly when it comes to deity worship. While a lot of Vaishnavite literature does suggest all of the Hindu pantheon are just different faces of one supreme deity, that is not representative of all Hindu thought (especially considering that there are still sects of Hindus who only worship the Vedas). Most importantly, the largest percentage of the Hindu population doesn't subscribe to the specific form of monism outlined in texts like the Bhagavad Gita. While these (sort of) monotheistic ideas are certainly present in some Hindu literature, they are read by the vast majority simply as deity worship (e.g. most Bhagavad Gita readers still see Krishna as one of many gods).

If you're looking for a blanket term to describe Hinduism, the best you could use (although still flawed in some ways) is henotheism, which is basically the acknowledgement of many gods but the understanding that one is supreme. Which one that is depends on the Hindu you're talking to.
>>
>>876844
Filthy indiboo
>>
>>876916

not even that guy but thats a stupid thing to post in response to a detailed and informed post
>>
>>877277
Pooloopooloopooloopooloo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.