[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fall of Ottoman Empire was a mistake. Imagine a better Middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Ottoman_Empire_WW 1.jpg (253 KB, 777x880) Image search: [Google]
Ottoman_Empire_WW 1.jpg
253 KB, 777x880
The fall of Ottoman Empire was a mistake.

Imagine a better Middle East today if Ottoman Empire did not collapse after WW I.
>>
lol.
>>
>a better middle east where now the whole area is controlled by people sympathetic to ISIS rather than most of it
>>
>>875349
>implying isis would exist if the based ottomans where still around
>>
>>875363
He wasn't implying that. He was implying that the ideology would be similar, but the territory and power would be greater under the Ottomans.
>>
>>875333
Yeah imagine someone could sleep withyour wife whenever they want and you cant do anything about it
>>
Ottomans starved the local populace in my country for their wars
>>
>>875417
+1 balkans?
>>
>>875421
Lebanon
>>
File: galil-arm-r.jpg (13 KB, 600x190) Image search: [Google]
galil-arm-r.jpg
13 KB, 600x190
The problem is that by that point the Ottoman Empire had decayed so much and lost so much territory that it was only Turkey, the Levant, and parts of modern day Saudi Arabia. There wouldn't be an Israel, so there would be less conflict in that region, and the Palestinians would not be displaced. However, the global community would need to find another place to put the Jewry of Europe. And the Galil wouldn't have been developed, and that is not a world I am willing to live in.
>>
They were already on the verge of collapse before WW1 and everybody wanted to take a piece of the ottoman cake, much like Byzantium. 1453 was their final blow much like WW1 was the final blow for the ottomans.
>>
>Constantinople
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>875545
just send more jews to america. plus jewish immigration to palestine had already begun before 1914, so immigration of refugees to palestine would still be possible, albiet more restricted
>>
>>875363
What wahabist and Saudis do to Ottoman is what ISIS do to 'nusairiyyah' regime today.
>>
>>875619
On that note, why didn't more Jews immigrate to America, rather than Israel? It seems easier to put them in an existing state with a robust immigrant population and existing Jewish minority. Why go through the trouble of establishing an independent state with no history of self rule, while simultaneously displacing an existing population with existing anti-semetic ideas due to their religion?
>>
>>875333
A Near East where Armenians, Assyrians, and Kurds are being genocided by Turks and their Arab followers? That doesn't sound like a better Middle East to me.
>>
>>875651
muh zionism
side note were any palestinians displaced by jewish settlers pre-1948? i was pretty sure that palestinians were only displaced as a result of israel's war of independence and because of israel's policy towards palestinians after the war
>>
>>875684
I'm not sure, but the creation of the Israeli state led directly to the displacement of the Palestinians. No Israel, no displacement.
>>
>>875720
>Assyrians
>Kurds
>Useless shit
Sure thing, bud.
>>
The Ottomans are more moderate/civil/liberal than modern-day Arabs (FACT!).

So yeah no Wahhabi Bullshit here, which means no ISIS/Al-Qaeda. The Middle East would be a much better place with the Turks-in-charge
>>
>>875749
They're relevant now.

They're also flawed as fuck and probably just as likely as anyone else in the area to commit racial cleansing against certain arab groups, but Kurdistan when???
>>
>>875778
Well they are actually fighting ISIS, and they were doing it while the Iraqi forces were folding. Which is why I imagine they are shilled so hard.

Also they'd form a state based on ethnic solidarity, within ethnic lines. Not to say they might lgrab valuable Arab clay, but I'm hedging a bet that a future Kurdistan with western support and scrutiny could be a successful state. At the very least, it may be stable relative to their neighbors. I mean shit, the only reason Saudi Arabia and Iran are stable is because they're funding satellite conflicts at the expense of nearby countries.
>>
>>875778
The Kurds really are an effective fighting force though. Between them and the Iranian revolutionary guard, there is no unified ground force like them against ISIS.

Hence why the US is cooperating with them. Directly with the Kurds, and indirectly with the Iranians - since they don't talk to each other. Apparently the American air force and tje Iranians just leave their communications open and psuedo-coordinate attacks on ISIS without actually speaking to each other. The Iran vs US thing is mostly politics...they're both fighting ISIS, of course they're cooperating.

Infact these days the US seems to be moving further away from Saudi Arabia and more towards Iran. The Saudis exported alot of extremism, and contrary to Western propaganda, the Iranians are fairly moderate people. There is still a problem though since money going into Iran does go to Hezbollah...buckle up kids, its gonna be a bumpy ride.

And yeah the middle east would be better off if the Ottomans had more control. Not as a Turkish-centered nation state but maybe more like autonomous regions...like a Russian federation sort of thing. Or even better, if it had been split up more properly, like creating a Kurdistan when the opportunity was there.
>>
>>875744
Must agree with this, People might complain about turks, but they are preferable to arabs
>>
>>875744
True
>>
>>875333
Turks in charge and no shitsrael... best middle east imaginable.
>>
>>875349
>sultanate is the same as the republic
>>
Would this country control over 90% of the world's oil supply or something?
>>
>>876989
That map's clearly pointed out.
>>
>>875349
>>875374

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Wahhabi_War
>>
>>875333

Imagine a world where sufis had the backing of the wealth of all of MENA.

:(
>>
>>876052
>the middle east would be better off if the Ottomans had more control
Fuck no.
>>
>>875349
>ISIS existing if the Ottoman Empire didn't fall
ISIS wouldn't even exist if the USA didn't invade Iraq, let alone something from 100 years ago being changed
>>
File: 1282770904987.jpg (194 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1282770904987.jpg
194 KB, 1000x1000
Alright, you're in charge of negotiating the deal between Britain and France during WW1 that sets out who gets what from the remains of the Ottoman Empire when it's defeated. With the benefit of hindsight, what do you try and do that you think the British and French might agree to?
>>
>>877700
Establishing a central authority while integrating a potentially hostile populace to the more liberal Western way of thinking is critical. Further partitioning of an area that is already divided by culture, religion, language, etc will only create a vacuum of power.

Optimally, the head of state of whatever they choose to call the former Ottoman Empire will only be nominal. You can partition internally all you like in the form of provinces or states. Delegate certain responsibilities to these provinces, and have a cabinet of elected/appointed representatives run the federal government. Let British and French companies rebuild infrastructure, and more importantly, run the oil fields in this new state. This way you can let the state sort itself out, but still have a degree of control over it. You can even start out with a government under Allied control and phase in elected representatives and council after giving the new country a push in the right direction,
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.