[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would have happend if Willy wasn't a retard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
What would have happend if Willy wasn't a retard?
>>
we cannot possibly know
>>
>>873831
One could argue that Willie only sped up the inevitable.

Germany was fated to clash with Britain. Who had the second largest merchant fleet in 1900, the largest economy in the continent and a massive scientific community? Germany. Who wasn't liking this? Britain. Also though Wilhelm a great proponent of a colonial empire, colonial adventures had a huge support in Germany, Bismarck himself (albeit unwillingly) organized the Berlin Conference and claimed slices of Africa and Asia for Germany. Britain would follow the policy they were doing for 500 and oppose the continental hegemon, no matter how German diplomats tried to make France look scary.

Russia was going to clash with Austria-Hungary on the Balkans sooner or later and in the Congress of Berlin Bismark himself picked the Habsburgs over the Romanovs.

In sum, a 1914 like situation was very likely to happen with or without a dumbass Kaiser.
>>
>>873831
Nah Willi was a fucking retard. (Although I'm sure the retarded Chancellors are just as much to blame, if not more)

Moroccan crisis, letting Russia hookup with France, the spaghetti interview, etc.

Even if you believe WW1 was inevitable ( I don't, IMO it could have become a Cold Warish scenario), Willy made so that Germany had the worst possible hand once the Duke died.

In fact, Britain actively tried to deescalate the situation until Germany invaded Belgium.

Nicky was almost as retarded as him
>>
I think you're asking a bit too much for a German not to be retarded and or autistic
>>
>>873831
Willie wasn't retarded, he was a flamboyant dandy who's upbringing was corrupted by Bismark in the wrong direction.
>splitting hairs but hear me out.

Bismark knew that the Prince and heir to Prussia's throne was already got at by Princess Victoria, his wife. To prevent her from ruining his mind with liberalism, he would spoil Willie and beat his chest about autocracy. Worse, Bismark was good at it, so to a child, 'this is what I want to be' had to be the only thing in Willie's head when he looked at Bismark. But the subtly of Bismark's power was not something he was willing to explain to anyone for fear of losing his control.

Had Bismark politicked to have Willie sent out of the way, to be raised in England with Queen Victoria in order to draw the Princess away from Prussia instead things would have been very different. Queen Victoria, unlike her daughter was kept in a skinner box by her parents until she was crowned Queen. Her first order was to remove them from the room so she could experience being alone. Her stepfather had planned to make her a weak willed and socially awkward robot so he could control the crown and the family fortune by proxy.

>tfw beta uprising.

Queen Victoria would have spoiled Willie as well, and he still would have loved parades and military this and that. However, he would have been much more friendly and understanding toward the ideas behind British foreign policy. It would have spared him no end of misadventures in Morocco to start.

His people in Prussia would have hated him, but as he lavished reforms on them his need to be loved would have been satisfied at the same time the rebellion against him was quashed. With the foreign sphere basically taken care of for him by England, Germany would have done a great deal better at minimum, or he would have grown to be a proper man and sovereign.
>>
>>875089
Willie wasn't even supposed to become Kaiser
It only happend because the other dude died of cancer
>>
>>873831
not WW1
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.