[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any records of what Native Americans, Chinese, Indians,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
Is there any records of what Native Americans, Chinese, Indians, Persians, Japanese etc thought of Europe? For example Did the Chinese know of Rome and Medieval Europe? What did Native Americans think of Europeans on first encounter?
>>
>>872018
>For example Did the Chinese know of Rome
Yes. Rome and the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzanties is called Daqin/Fulin.
>and Medieval Europe?
Chinese took the word of the Muslims and called everyone there "Folangqi." From the Arabic "Ferenggi," meaning "Franks." Byzantium is the limit of fucks China gave about Europe during medieval times.
>>
File: ehdr.jpg (103 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
ehdr.jpg
103 KB, 692x530
>>872031
>Ferenggi
>>
>>872018
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Roman_relations
>>
>>872018
>"[Roman] territory extends for several thousands of li. It has more than four hundred walled towns. There are several tens of smaller dependent kingdoms. The walls of the towns are made of stone. They have established postal relays at intervals, which are all plastered and whitewashed. There are pines and cypresses, as well as trees and plants of all kinds.

>Their kings are not permanent. They select and appoint the most worthy man. If there are unexpected calamities in the kingdom, such as frequent extraordinary winds or rains, he is unceremoniously rejected and replaced. The one who has been dismissed quietly accepts his demotion, and is not angry. The people of this country are all tall and honest. They resemble the people of the Middle Kingdom and that is why this kingdom is called Da Qin
>>
>>872018
Native Americans called Europeans early contacts "physically weak, sexually untrustworthy, atrociously ugly" and basically said "they smelled like shit" as well.
>>
File: frenchman from france.jpg (26 KB, 293x420) Image search: [Google]
frenchman from france.jpg
26 KB, 293x420
>>872086
Still so true.
>>
>>872086
Pretty accurate.
>>
>>872086
Look who's laughing now.
>>
File: Hasekura_in_Rome.jpg (1 MB, 798x1248) Image search: [Google]
Hasekura_in_Rome.jpg
1 MB, 798x1248
This motherfucker basically travelled all over the place and ended up as a Roman noble.
>>
>>872018
>Rome
The common people are tall and virtuous like the Chinese, but wear hu (‘Western’) clothes. They say they originally came from China, but left it.

http://depts.washington.edu/silkroad/texts/weilue/weilue.html#section11
>>
>>874480
>They say they originally came from China, but left it.
I think this is a misunderstanding of the Roman's own origin myth, which said they same from the east in Troy.
>>
>>874563
>what is Tocharia
>>
>>874822
>what is something that doesn't have shit to do with what I said

Some Romans, or more likely some people who knew Roman myths, probably told the Chinese that their legends says that they came from the east (from Troy), but the Chinese probably misinterpreted it to mean they came from the east in China.
>>
>>874826
Shocker that blonde-haired mummies wearing clothes with Celtic designs are found in China.

Asia belongs to the white man.
>>
>>874886
You mean mummies that existed thousands of years before Rome or the Celts and existed on the very western fringes of China? Fucking idiot.

>some Asians settle onto the very eastern fringes of Europe
>EUROPE IS 10000% YELLOW AZN BOW TO YOUR EASTERN MASTERS
>>
>>874899
>all white people are Europeans

Get out.
>>
>>874908
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>874899
>Genghis had red hair
>Muhammad had red hair
>Brahmins are the descendants of Aryans
>Scythians are proto-Slavs

Asia is ours, buttmad chink
>>
>>874886
Ancient China =/= Modern day China,the Western Regions was conquered by the Han dynasty.
>>
>>874918
WE WUZ ASIANZ
>>
>>874918
>>Genghis had red hair
100% pure aryan
>>
File: genghis.jpg (102 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
genghis.jpg
102 KB, 1024x615
>>874928
R1 came from Siberia m8
>>
>>874948
R1a and R1b are from western Asia, not Siberia you fucking spaz
>>
>>872086
>sexually untrustworthy

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>874886

WE
>>
>>874978
They raped kids, even Columbus's own crew took little girls.
>>
>>874822
Hang on. /pol/-tier shit aside, doesn't that relate to indo-aryan migration theories?
>>
>>874948

they look nothing alike
>>
>>874917
There is no shitposting. Are you dumb enough to think white people are only limited to Europe?
>>
>>875274
I'm white you fucking moron and I know very well that Tocharians were white. Answer the question, do you think white people only live in Europe? Fucking retard.
>>
>>875267
Reread my post you were replying to, you illiterate. I said claiming ancient China was white because of Tocharians is like claiming Europe is Asian because of some Siberian settlers on the Kuban plain.
>>
>>875267
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...Non-European whites and all that...The blatant ignorance of the /int/-definition of white being the ruling factor... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>874428
The lives of people like this guy need to be taught way more. They show how the modern view of cultural isolation is way more complicated than we see it as.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.