[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is existence? What the fuck are we doing here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1458645321331.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458645321331.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
What is existence? What the fuck are we doing here?
>>
I dont know. Why the fuck not I guess.
>>
Maybe you're biased by being a human and therefore search for meaning where there isn't any, since understanding causality and searching for meaning has been necessary for our development.
>>
>>871961
>What is existence?
A meme made up by humans that fails to address the way things are and posits unfounded claims about the way things could be.

>What the fuck are we doing here?
Whatever you want fampai
>>
lol idk
>>
>>871961
Strife
>>
To live
>>
to fap to chinese cartoons
>>
Self-awareness comes 15 months at best after we're born. We exist because we just do, OP. Now stop asking these silly questions.
>>
>>872122
What does one have to do with the other
>>
One's purpose must be chosen. All purposes are dependent on continuing one's existence, so I'd start there. Cheers.
>>
>>872124
There is no need to rationalize existence because it's irrational. Only beings who that spent their time looking at paint dry do navel-gazing shit like this even when we really didn't even have, let alone know our purpose right from the day we were born.
>>
Existing,apperntly we have a built-in mechanism that try to protect us as much as possible from stoping to exist,and than the inevitable happens and we stop existing.
>>
>>872177
>existence is irrational
>posted by a rational being

Nah. Existence is non-rational, or supra-rational, but I know that doesn't make you sound like a cool anime villain
>>
>What is existence?
A spook.

Serving our DNA.
>>
just because we have to faculties to question it it doesn't make it meaningful or pointless outside of ourselves
>>
>>872211
Tips fucking fedora lmao
>>
>>872211
Don't forget serving our memes, the DNA of our souls.
>>
We are the champions of mother nature, our purpose is to become the most poetic form of existence in the universe for all eternity.
>>
>>871961
To fulfill the designs we lay out for ourselves
>>
>>871961
I don't know what the fuck YOU'RE doing here but I know what I'm doing here, which is to have as much intoxicating fun as possible.
>>
>>871961
>What is existence?
It's an irreducible property. You can understand it, everyone can, but they couldn't explain it to someone who didn't knew.
>>
File: 1454090446709.jpg (155 KB, 500x663) Image search: [Google]
1454090446709.jpg
155 KB, 500x663
>>871961
YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING. EVERY SINGLE ATOM OF THIS UNIVERSE IS ENERGY IS MOTION WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THE SUM OF ALL THE ELECTRICAL IMPULSES COORDINATING AND ALIGNING MATTER AS MEATBAGS WHO OPERATE IN A BIO ELECTRIC SYSTEM REACTING TO EXTERNAL STIMULAE FROM THE WIND IN YOUR ASS TO THE LIGHT AND ITS VISIBLE COLOUR SPECTUM HITING YOUR CORNEA.
>>
File: 1458227364859s.jpg (5 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1458227364859s.jpg
5 KB, 240x250
>>874356
/thread
nighty night
>>
>>871961
To serve and adore the Abrahamic God.
>>
>>871961
I hate those faggots who ask what the "meaning of life" is or why humanity exists, as though we were deliberately created for some specific purpose, but I have to admit I find it really hard to wrap my head around the idea of reality existing for seemingly no reason. I mean, I'm not surprised that it exists for no purpose, just that it exists for no reason.

As in, the notion that reality exists because it just does and there was nothing that caused it to come into being.
I suppose the alternative would be even more bizzare, though - something coming from literally nothing.
>>
>>874356
Bro that's so like epic and deep, I remember high school biology too
>>
>>871961
A definition?

Well, existence is
>>
>>874426
Consider this.

You are wrong.
>>
>>874544
Care to fill us in on some Freshmen Philosophy instead?
>>
We are the creation of god, we exist cuz of It
>>
It's just a very long self replicating reaction called "life". It's like a forest fire. The chemical reaction feeds itself indefinitely until the fuel is used up.
>>
>>871961
What would you consider a satisfactory answer to this question? Even if you think it's wrong, give me something that even *could* work as an answer.
>>
>>871961
I'm here to masturbate to anime characters and play videogames.
>>
>>874674
Yeah, you don't even know whayatter is to call it meaningless in the first place. Next.
>>
>>874716
And I'm all out of video games
>>
File: 1458588500757.jpg (58 KB, 679x578) Image search: [Google]
1458588500757.jpg
58 KB, 679x578
>>874922
>inb4 SEMANTICS
"not doing anything" as in existence is a boundless chemical reaction in a seamingly infinite space.
not accepting this premise as way of defending the possible hidden "MEANING of life" somewhere inside particles makes your whole life and everythought you ever had as FUKEN MEANINGFUL as a toilet or any other lifeless chemical compound from tablesalt to dogshit., BRUH
>>
File: 1442554749645.jpg (31 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
1442554749645.jpg
31 KB, 300x358
>>871961
>What is existence?
being here.
existing.

But seriously we are here just to suffer.
>>
>>871961
You exist so the universe can experience itself through one of the infinite possibilities.
>>
File: Wittgenstein.jpg (156 KB, 1024x771) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
156 KB, 1024x771
>I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
>>
File: stirner permit.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stirner permit.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>872211
*Serving our ego.

FTFY
>>
>>871961
We're the latest stage in the universe's awakening.
I wonder what's next. Robots?
>>
>>875645
Computronium. The billion year goal is to turn every molecule of the physical universe into fully manifested awareness.

Obviously.
>>
>>874426
>As in, the notion that reality exists because it just does and there was nothing that caused it to come into being.
It seems like "nothing" is a bit of an unstable state. The universe only exists because it would be more difficult for nothing to exist for long.
>>
>>871961
This is the dream bud, we are all going back into that silent abyss, just like it was before we were born.
>>
>>875658
And then what?
>>
To perfect an imperfect existence, and most likely failed. Those who tried will be rewarded. Afterwards who knows?
>>
>>875342
>ego
The ego is a spook. It literally doesn't exist.
>>
>>871961

Waiting in line o cum on the holy spirit. Are you ready, it's quite the chance to defile it.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.