[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Europeans started invading the Americas they raped a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: he.jpg (73 KB, 507x720) Image search: [Google]
he.jpg
73 KB, 507x720
When Europeans started invading the Americas they raped a lot of the natives.

But when India or Africa got colonized there arent as many mentions of rape. I have barely read about any, actually.

What made rape so prevalent in the case of America? Did the people back then find Africans and Indians as ugly as I do? Or were Native American girls too qt to resist?

I know that rape is common amoung all kinds of war. Im just mostly curious about mixed-race rapes between "blacks" and "whites", to put it simple.
>>
>When Europeans started invading the Americas they raped a lot of the natives.
>But when India or Africa got colonized there arent as many mentions of rape.
not sure what the differences were, going to need some more factual sources on rape levels
>>
They did

In west africa colonials had entire harems of local women
>>
You haven't demonstrated that there was even a single rape during the North American colonization m8. Comparing the amount of supposed rapes to other regions being colonized is putting the cart before the horse.
>>
>>870476
Native americans weren't completely ugly
>>
there wasn't that much rape. it's exaggerated. it was mostly native concubines
>>
That is a Filipino woman.
>>
>>870476
>they raped a lot of the natives.
no they didn't. They just started hooking up with native mistresses - but that doesn't get taught in history class because 'white men are rapists' plays better than 'native women were whores' these days.
>>
File: eritreanwoman3.jpg (72 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
eritreanwoman3.jpg
72 KB, 960x720
>>870502
>Tfw no Eritrean princess gf
>>
>>870476
Rape by British soldiers in India was not uncommon. Offenders usually were shot for it.
>>
>>870476
If you think Indian girls are ugly, you're just blinded by ideology

Even Africa is full of beautiful women
>>
>>870807
>this is considered attractive by britbongs
>>
>>870476
OP, rape of Native Americans was nowhere near as widespread as mixed marriage. Many "mountain men" took indigenous wives, as did many soldiers in the Iberian colonies.

However, South Africa, Namibia, and Kenya are full of persons of mixed descent due to similar marriages between local women and adventure-seeking men. One South African setter married like ten African women and, I believe, had a town named after him.
>>
File: Loyola_y_Coya.jpg (770 KB, 855x1066) Image search: [Google]
Loyola_y_Coya.jpg
770 KB, 855x1066
>>870476
>muh rape

Are you from an anglo country? Cmon guys, it's been what? 400 years since the defeat of the armada invensible, no need to push the black legend anymore.
>>
>>870590

Came into this thread just to say that you are literally the worst kind of person
>>
I'm still pissed at the spanish and the natives for creating me.
>>
>>870900
Typed like a woman, tell us again why your opinion matters?
>>
>>870907

>implying anyone's opinions matter
>>
>>870476
>What made rape so prevalent in the case of America?

Morality of the 1500s vs morality of the 1800s. Why were the Mongols so much meaner then they are now?
>>
>>870807
This woman is extremely unattractive to me.
>>
>>870905
kek
>>
>>870926
Existence is a cold torment.
>>
>>870476
That's a fucking pre-colonial filipino-chinese. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>870807
I like Indian girls but that girl just isn't attractive to me
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.