[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the oldest ethnic groups? I know Armenians, Jews, Persians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x640
What are the oldest ethnic groups? I know Armenians, Jews, Persians and Japanese are up there, but what are some others?
>>
>Japanese
>old ethnic group

They're fairly recent, more recent than both the Han Chinese and Koreans. If you're interested, look up the Yayoi and Jomon peoples, although be warned that the topic is highly controversial due to contemporary relations amongst the East Asians.
>>
>>869968
I thought the current civilization in Japan can trace itself back roughly 2400 years ago
>>
>>869968
Obviously the shogun has sometimes been Chinese descendants but aren't the majority still descendants from the sengoku period
>>
>>869981

That's nothing.
>>
File: frogface conern.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
frogface conern.png
198 KB, 550x535
How did people end up on Japan? Did they just never notice that their land mass was cracking and separated into an island?

Somebody explain how island nations like Japan formed.
>>
>>869941
Australian aboriginals, Sentinelese, some Papua new Guineans, Khoisan etc

inb4 memes
>>
>>869941
Somalis and Amharas are 30k years old.
>>
>>870099
....people using boats to come and settle there?
Or a I missing the point of your question?
>>
>>870099
Lower sea levels during the last ice age, you just walk across, like with the Beringia land bridge to Alaska from Siberia.
>>
>>870108
>....people using boats to come and settle there?

Why would they take a boat and settle there?
>>
>>870113
Because it's empty and fertile, there's a lot of room for you to get food to feed your children.
Why wouldn't you settle there?
>>
>>870108
>>870113
>>870120
But the meme video said they got there due a former landbridge
>>
>>870120
how would you know it was empty and fertile in the first place?

lel I will just go off to a bout and sail randomly XD
>>
File: 1396677402888.jpg (24 KB, 607x400) Image search: [Google]
1396677402888.jpg
24 KB, 607x400
>>869941
>Jews
>>
>>871284
>how would you know it was empty and fertile in the first place
Because you don't see any traces of agriculture
>>
>>871284
Well yea. People have done this a lot of times. People aren't bright you know.
> XD
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>871292

What?
>>
>>869941
I assume you mean *intact* ethnic groups

Sinhalese perhaps? Though I believe they have at least some Tamil admixture
>>
>>871946
Jews are mixed as fuck and it's only their identity which has survived for so long.
>>
Aren't finns fairly intact and old? I know we have a lot of genetic diseases because of inbreeding.
>>
>>>869941 (OP)
Assyrians are pretty old. Greeks too. Copts are old as fuark if you consider them legitimate descendants of Ancient Egyptians. Gaels are quite old. Chinese are very old. Ossetians(alans) have been around for ages. If you count the german regional groups like Bavarians, Allemanics etc. they've been around since the romans at least. Scandis are old too but I'm not sure how they relate to their modern counterparts.
>>
Indians. They even still practice the same bloody faith. Of course India's a subcontinent and there's a ton of different groups there but pretty much everyone in India has been there forever.
>>
>>871980
We have a lot of genetic disease types since 4000 years ago we had a genetic bottleneck from beind so isolated. So basically dont fuck anyone close to you genetically or some fucked up shit will happen. But we have a very low rate of genetic diseases appearing compared to other countries because we tend to not fuck our 1st cousins.
As far Finnish culture being intact, no. Our language roots can be said to be kind of old but thats about it.
>>
>>869941
define ethnic group.
define old.
>>
>>871975
what do you think defines ethnic group if not identity?
>>
>>871984
I think the most interesting thing about Assyrian DNA is that these people are surrounded by Arabs and Kurds with African admixture yet they don't have any. If there was some Arabisation or something like that, they would all have African DNA like the Syrians and Levantines. Assyrians may have lived in the mountains of northern Iraq and southern Turkey for God knows how long until the recent Exodus. Their homeland population count is in a worse state now than it was after the genocide. I think 80% left in like the past decade. 3 million around the world, no country.
>>
>>873973
Also they remained Christian even after Timur did ravaged the Middle East probably causing the biggest population decline Assyrians (Syriacs) had ever seen.
>>
>>869941
>not assyrians
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.