[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /his/ redpill me on pic related. Was he good or bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: selfie-mono-juarez-blog.jpg (182 KB, 529x700) Image search: [Google]
selfie-mono-juarez-blog.jpg
182 KB, 529x700
Alright /his/ redpill me on pic related. Was he good or bad?
As a Mexican I know a lot of people who hold him as the greatest man ever, but I've read some things that make him look like a total hypocrite. What do you think?
>>
He was an almost pure indian and made apartheid laws against the indians
But mexicans have him in high regard, evidently he had a key role in their history.
>>
>>869780
he defeated a foregn invader, that makes him a national hero
>>
>>869760
>As a Mexican I know a lot of people who hold him as the greatest man ever

Other than pochos and elders I know none who still holds a positive opinion of Juarez.
>>
>>869790
The US congress should be mexican national hero then.
>>
>Height: 4'6"

Holy shit
>>
>>869760
He workes closely to help the usa keep a European monarchy out even though a lot of people in mexico thought the habsburgs as having a right to the throne
>>
Killed based Macimiliano. Fuck him
>>
bumping, considering today Benito was born
>>
last bump
>>
>>869760
Mussolini is named after him.
>>
Mexico could have had a European-styled monarchy if it hadn't been for that illiterate sub-human indian piece of trash.
>>
>>869760
he was a real human being ;_;

and a real hero ;_;
>>
Seems like kind of a dick because Maxi seemed to be a truly benevolent king who loved Mexico and its people. If all kings had been like him throughout history monarchy would still be a thing. So yeah Juarez looks like an asshole because he killed a foreign usurper who was actually pretty cool.
>>
Maximilian was truly an exception and in first place that's the reason he was sent to a practically impossible mission, no one else would have accepted.
You may differ with Juarez's decisions, but how could anyone be sure that the next heir would be as benevolent?

Besides, the regime change would probably lead to a bloody civil war, like the Mexican Revolution.
>>
>>872679
Speaking of heirs, wikipedia says that he never intended to give the throne to his adopted child, but I dont really know if it's true.
>>
>>869760
>wanted to sell even MORE MEXICAN LAND
>somehow considered a hero
chinga su madre
>>
File: juarezsm.png (668 KB, 750x2324) Image search: [Google]
juarezsm.png
668 KB, 750x2324
>>
>>875208
Kate Beaton is fantastic, but is this accurate in any way?
>>
Anyone who kills a monarch is okay in my book.
>>
>>875260
Its 100% accurate
I say this as a mexican who has studied the subject fairly well, and I'm still unconvinced about which would have been better for Mexico.
>>
If it wasn't for him, Mexico would be a cool and classy empire, civilised, prosperous, and white, instead of the piece of shit it is today.
>>
>>875260
if it wasn't for the black decree he'd be perfect, juarez probably wouldn't have executed him
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.