[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what some friends and I came up with for the English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20160321_113645.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160321_113645.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
This is what some friends and I came up with for the English language. Bonus points for explaining why we (english speaker here) have 2 different cases of every letter. Pic related
>>
>middle case letters
why
>>
>>868172

Cause today we mostly use the Humanistic script developped during the Reinassance using mostly Caroligian script as referencee (they thought that there were Roman originals), but the different medieval scripts, usually called Gothics did not fully dissapear.
>>
it has to do with typography when there was no rules for dividing sentences with spaces or symbols the "capital" was used as the divider

the idea of the case was literal the printer had 2 sets of letters, capitals on top (upper) and the rest (lower) on the bottom
>>
>>868191
<3
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with the current capital/lowercase system
>>
>>868233
Ik, we were just messing around for a giggle
>>
>>868241
why don't you fuck each other in the ass instead, it's probably more your type of thing desu
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>868172
Why don't you just learn the IPA and use that? Orthographies suck anyways except Korean...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.