[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /his/, can we get a revolutionary/civil war thread going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: 1458496906143.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458496906143.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
sup /his/, can we get a revolutionary/civil war thread going? this is the only related webm i have but i would like to build up a folder.
- gif's and pics allowed.
- bonus for euromaidan
- no pre-1900
>>
I can't help but find these rioters pathetic

They feel like epic revolutionary but they're really just trying to immolate (one of the most barbaric action possible) a bunch of dudes who have order to do nothing but spray pepper at them.

When law enforcers used lethal force like during the French Revolution, I can understand trying to kill them, but what I see in this webm just disgusts me
>>
>>867306
meh, they are just bored anarchists. they got shot (by snipers) for a reason. mess with the bull, you get the horns.
>>
>>867306
>spray pepper

Dude that's Ukrainian maidan, they were actually shooting those fuckers with live rounds. Pretty brutal revolt on both sides and particularly funny since both of them tended to go full medieval warfare.
>>
>>867306
>>867311
It's much more symbolic than anything, it's mainly done for propaganda reasons and to cost people money.
>>
File: 1390794312692.jpg (1 MB, 1736x3000) Image search: [Google]
1390794312692.jpg
1 MB, 1736x3000
>>
File: 1576754.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1576754.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>867306
> a bunch of dudes who have order to do nothing but spray pepper at them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkut_%28special_police_force%29
i think there was much more behind this than re-establish public order. though i agree with you that it makes no sense to attack law enforcement this way.

anyway would be nice if we could get some pictures together here.
>>
File: njmFaiQ[1].png (159 KB, 700x434) Image search: [Google]
njmFaiQ[1].png
159 KB, 700x434
>>
File: leeukraine2[1].png (389 KB, 510x348) Image search: [Google]
leeukraine2[1].png
389 KB, 510x348
Are events like Maidan revolution the closest thing we have to watching a real pre-fire arms battle? In terms of just actually seeing a large group of humans engage in close quarters combat, the psychology of it, the spacing, etc
>>
>>867223
There are pictures the police throwing molotovs as well
>>
File: Policeman with Mancatcher.jpg (349 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Policeman with Mancatcher.jpg
349 KB, 1280x1024
>>867348
In east asia you could see pre-firearms policework in action with all the mancatchers they have.
>>
>>867223
>euromaidan
25 year rule dickhead, fuck off back to your ghetto.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.