[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one was smarter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: who was more intelligent.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
who was more intelligent.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Which one was smarter?
>>
Who won the war?
>>
>>866037
Stalin gained power from being a secretary. Hitler gained power from being a demagogue.
>>
Stalin, he had to be to win the war
>>
I think there's something so weird and almost amazing about the fact that two countries so recently ruled by ancient and famed royal houses stretching back centuries came under the sway of a gangster and a foot-soldier/painter respectively within two decades
>>
stalin was the hard worker
hitler was the hard talker
>>
>>866037
Stalin was famously a genius. He was the best of his peers at the seminary (a very prestigious and rigorous intellectual program, mind you), was polylingual, read incessantly, and could memorize large passages of prose and poem text. Hitler was a charismatic speaker that could appeal to post-WWI German emotions but was an average intelligence.
>>
>>866057
Stalin was never a member of a gang
>>
>>866067
Didn't he do a lot of robberies and whatnot for the Bolshies before the revolution?

Maybe not a gang, exactly.
>>
>>866037
Stalin.

Hitler was great with climbing the political ladder but not much else.
>>
>>866068
Yes, but like you say, the revolutionary groups (the Bolshevist and Menshivist factions didn't exist at this time) aren't gangs in any meaningful sense of the term.
>>
>>866075
Bad choice of words.

Someone people might describe as a thug, I suppose.
>>
File: bald cuck.jpg (195 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
bald cuck.jpg
195 KB, 800x452
>>866044
a bald cuck with help from an old fart in a wheelchair. And Stalin.
>>
>implying facists can ever be smart
comrade stalin, obviously.
>>
>>866109
Stalinism is fascism
>>
Just on the point alone that Stalin learned from the mistakes of appointing military leaders based on ideology and not competence, he gets the edge.

Hitler's greatest downfall was that he wanted his hand in every military operation, and often lashed out at his generals who would argue the validity of his strategies. It wasn't until after losing the 6th Army at Stalingrad did Hitler relinquish the eastern command to von Manstein, and even then it was a short leash.

Stalin was quick to capitalize on what worked and throw out what didn't. he gutted the Commissars and Political officers out of the Red Army when they clearly weren't helping, and gave full command of the armies to his generals, men he knew were more capable than he was when commanding during Barbarossa.
>>
Stalin was killed as much people as Hitler but he was defended in Russia even today so I would say that he was smarter. Hitler was more brave one to be fair.
>>
>stalin
>"hurr my stoicism" fetishist
>charged china for the planes he sent as aid, causing a split
Nice diplomacy

But lets see hitler

>we didnt need diplomacy becuse we're going to invade eveybody xD

Tough call
>>
>>866146
wew lad
>>
Hitler, by a long shot

Stalin was smart for a Russian peasant but that's not saying much. He only got into power because Lenin had a stroke.
>>
they were both pretty dumb lol
stalin did win the war but at a massive cost, at least the ussr could properly supply their soldiers lmao
>>
>>866037
In the end it doesn't really come down to "intelligence," more just ability to work within their contexts and make the right calls.

In that regard I'd say Stalin was, marginally. He was a paranoid, destitute sociopath, but he at least respected ability when it came to him and was more able to mentally "take losses" when doing so would benefit the USSR in the long run.
>>
>>866037
Hitler had alot more intelligence regarding history and politics. Stalin knew quite a hit of poetry but had completely idiotic ideas on economy and politics. Stalin equipped his army with better weapons and uniforms and eventually won the war. Stalin was probably smarter but they were both madmen.
>>
>>866253
stalin was georgian, not russian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGbjPqFFvA
>>
>>866200
are you somewhat retarded?
>>
Stalin was reportedly a hardcore logistics wizard and his personal choices in equipment and supply were far better practically then what Hitler put together. Stalin was known as a genius since childhood outperforming everyone at the seminary and was known to blow through tomes effortlessly. Hitler was fairly intelligent but not to the point stalin was one look at how generals were handled as the war continued should tell you that much.
>>
>>866037
Stalin. You can hate the guy but he knew where his competence ended(the more you know, the better you know how much you exactly know) and forced migration he started created monolythic nation states and reduced the tensions between them forever.

You have to be absolutely buttblasted as a German to demand any part of Poland since very few Germans live there nowadays, you have to be really buttblasted as Hungarian to demand parts of Romania, you have to be very buttblasted as a pole to demand ex-eastern part of the country and so on and so on, which made cooperation between those nations possible.
>>
>>866085
What it seems to me is the USSR won the war and the US's military contribution, while it made the war end far more quickly, was more important in keeping the USSR from taking all of continental Europe.
>>
>>866253
>smart for a Russian peasant
see
>>866062
There isn't even a debate.
>>
>>866429
>ability to work within their contexts and make the right calls
So intelligence.
>>
>>866467
>Hitler was fairly intelligent
I'd be willing to believe this if there were evidence.
>>
>>866820
if promoting yourself from a Literally Who to autocratic world leadership doesnt suggest some modicum of intelligence, what does?
>>
>>866838
People may have charisma and nothing more, like king Richard.
>>
File: NEcwdVU.jpg (43 KB, 537x650) Image search: [Google]
NEcwdVU.jpg
43 KB, 537x650
Pic related
>>
How do I into Stalin mode? From what I've read the guy was an amateur poet, and could read up to 500 pages a day with incredible memory
>>
File: cyanide.jpg (33 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
cyanide.jpg
33 KB, 720x529
>Stalin was a poet
>Hitler was a painter

They just wanted to make art, bro's.
>>
>>866146
Pretty much this.
>>
>>866037
Just read up on Stalins contributions to the winter war plans to see how smart he was.
>>
>>866037
hitler was pretty smart, but he was also insane like im not even jokeing

i dont really know enough about stalin to say if he was smart
>>
Stalin is a ruthless leader.
Hitler is an idealistic demagogue.
>>
Stalin obviously. Why would anyone in right state of mind grow a toothbrush mustache?
>>
>>866062
>Stalin was famously a genius

No, he wasn't.
Also he was extremely paranoid.
>>
Stalin, easily.

Hitler was dumb as a stump.
>>
>>866037
Stalin is the Man of Steel.

Is steel smart?
>>
>>866253
>He only got into power because Lenin had a stroke.

Sometimes I forget I'm on 4chan
>>
>>869795
Steel smarts when it hits you.
>>
why does this place have so many of those unfunny /r/communism and /leftypol/ types?

Your memes and jokes aren't funny
get the fuck out
>>
>>866200
>we didnt need diplomacy

confirmed for a fucking retard and not knowing anything about the Germans in ww2
>>
>>866037
Stalin.

But Hitler was more aesthetic, hence the greater individual.
>>
>>870163
What are you talking about, do you think we're being invaded because this place is not a /pol/ circlejerk?
>>
Hitler was a retarded drug addict
Stalina was just paranoid
>>
Stalin was a complete retard that would had destroyed his whole nation if it meant ruling for an additional second. Hitler fuck up, but most of their losses were not for nothing, and he understood the necessity of the infrastructure and technological progress. Germany lost for the mere fact of fighting a war against the whole world.
>>
I'm inclined to say Stalin. He achieved power more through cunning. Hitler was more of a spirited orator who hopeless people were willing to cling to.
>>
stalin definitely was clever, when the nazis pushed the front lines deeper into russia, he cut off all the communication and food sources which off course, made his own people suffer but then again if he hadnt the nazis would have cause more casualties. stalin was a sociopath who was willing to sacrifice for a victory
>>
File: tumblr_ljthubDzuF1qc1la6o1_1280.jpg (500 KB, 897x1206) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ljthubDzuF1qc1la6o1_1280.jpg
500 KB, 897x1206
Stalin was smarter, better looking, and had 2 balls, unlike Hitler..
>>
>>871334
Hitler had only one ball? Last time I heard he had a deformed dick. I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone going nuts about his genitals.
>>
Who would win in a fight: half of the modern US armed forces or all of the armed forces of WW2 era Soviet Russia?
>>
>>871386
What circumstances we talking about here? Everyone justs stands in a line and shoots, or they actually fight for some territory or something?
>>
>>871386
>Who would win in a fight 10,000 brock lesnars or the sun?

This is how retarded you sound
>>
Who would win in a fight: all the Soviet Union's armed forces or ten billion lions?
>>
>>866441
>Stalin equipped his army with better weapons and uniforms
'no'
>>
>>866050
Bullshit - he didn't win the war - his generals - the Red Army and US Army won the war.

Neither of these men deserved a brand of 'Genius' ... or even advanced , probably 'Above Average' would be fair.

these kind of ppl, RELY on many others for intelligence and smart ideas,

The Nazis pretty much abducted ideas and programs from other Germans like Ferdinand Porsche (Volks Wagen) the German Army (Rockets, moderized tank warfare & Blitzkrieg) Einstein - the A Bomb. Like most Tyrants, they quickly consolidated power.
>>
>>871371
yeah, the other one's in the Royal Albert Hall.
His mother apparently cut it off when he was a small
[spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>866037
The one who killed the most
>>
>>866062
>average intelligence.
>Hitler
>average

untermensch detected
>>
>>871371
hahahah I heard he has 1 ball, and a micropenis... but who knows.. maybe that's why he killed himself before he was captured ;)
>>
>>866037
The one who learned to stop interfering with his military as the war went on.
>>
>>866146
That's retarded.
>>
>>866884
> People may have charisma and nothing more, like king Richard.
Stalin didn't have much of a charisma.

He was overlooked as a political figure by his contemporaries in 20s because he sucked so much as a public speaker (and then there was his horrible accent). He got somewhat better later, but still wasn't particularly impressive.
>>
File: collegesenior.png (224 KB, 325x323) Image search: [Google]
collegesenior.png
224 KB, 325x323
>>871386
> Who would win in a fight: half of the modern US armed forces or all of the armed forces of WW2 era Soviet Russia?
Let's make it "USSR-1941" versus "USA-2016". US gets all the forces, but no nukes.

Part I - USA strikes first and dominates air and sea. Marines land in Arkhangelsk and Vladivostok.

Part II - USA gets involved in the land war in Asia

Part III - Three years and five conscription acts later the US is still in the "the war is practically won" phase.

Part IV - US either withdraws or Red Army marches through Times Square.

I.e. US can crush Red Army, but are incapable of properly occupying USSR. Also, unlike Muslims commies can strike back.
>>
>>869656
Geniuses tend to be crazy.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.