[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why Kuwait shouldn't be a part of Iraq.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 334629686_82533b5478[1].jpg (109 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
334629686_82533b5478[1].jpg
109 KB, 500x345
Give me one good reason why Kuwait shouldn't be a part of Iraq.
>>
Because Saudis would have competition in the oil industry, and that's HAAAARD
>>
>>863704
Because the Kuwaitis don't want it.
>>
>>864060
That's relevant why?
>>
>>864063
Unless you are an autist, that should be the end argument.
>>
Because it's in the interest of the US for it not to be.
>>
It existed before Iraq.
>>
File: posterphoto257127.jpg (12 KB, 200x275) Image search: [Google]
posterphoto257127.jpg
12 KB, 200x275
>>864060
>Kuwaitis
How cute. Next you'll tell me Ukrainians are a thing.
>>
File: desert storm.jpg (373 KB, 2000x1274) Image search: [Google]
desert storm.jpg
373 KB, 2000x1274
>>863704

Literally because the United States said so, and so it was.

>tfw this was the last time that the US intervened in morally justified and effectual way.
>>
>>864091

Believe it or not, and I'm going out on a limb here, some people of the same ethnicity don't want to be in the same state as each other.

Crazy concept, right?
>>
>>864104
Wut? Afghanistan was clearly justified. Iraq could have been easily justified morally, it just wasn't.
>>
>>864130
>Baghram dog raping babies
>Abu Graib

no
>>
File: Fixed Middle East.jpg (62 KB, 820x850) Image search: [Google]
Fixed Middle East.jpg
62 KB, 820x850
>>863704
There isn't a good reason. Kuwait is literally a meme country created by the British to cuck the Iraq(Ottomans) out of the Persian gulf.

Most Arab borders were just drawn by Sykes-Picot. Also too many meme countries. Like Jordan , wtf is that shit? Lebanon..more like Plebanon. Don't even get me started with Iraq.
>>
>>864135
Nice job moving the goal posts. Saying an intervention is morally justified and effective is not the same as saying there were no moral errors in its prosecution.
>>
>>864130

Afghanistan might have turned out okay if they didn't take a huge detour to resolve GWB's daddy issues in Iraq.

Also, the goal of Afghanistan was clearly to get Bin Laden. He got away and remained not-captured for at least a decade after that.
>>
>>864179
The broader goal besides getting Bin Laden personally was to dismantle the taliban rule so Afghanistan was no longer a safe haven for terrorists to operate out of, which is more or less accomplished.
>>
File: sailors reading your post.png (115 KB, 267x228) Image search: [Google]
sailors reading your post.png
115 KB, 267x228
>>864195
>which is more or less accomplished.
Haha tell me more.
>>
>>864060
Did that make the Confederates legitimate?
>>
>>864226
That comparison isn't legitimate since the CSA was a genuine self-determination movement, not a meme country cut out from the US by foreign powers to make US weaker.
>>
>>863704

Give me one good reason why Iraq should be a nation state.
>>
File: gulfwar artillery.jpg (297 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
gulfwar artillery.jpg
297 KB, 1280x850
because we said so
>>
>>864155
This.
Precisely, this.
>>
>>864104
Well the Arabs did show up but of course they were just a fraction of the strength arrayed against Iraq. It would have more interesting to just the Muslims fight it out.
>>
>>864155
Except for I disagree with Greater Syria.
Give Lebanon to Syria and Jordan to the juice.
Jordan is rightful jewish clay.
>>
>>864155
>Lebanon..more like Plebanon

Laughed more than I should have
>>
>>864981
Wouldn't that mean that both sides gets a decisive defeat and somehow gets land annexed/occupied by Israel?
>>
>>864236
>CSA was a genuine self-determination movement

So genuine that the Slavocracy didn't even bother to ask the people of their states whether they want to secede or not.

Modern scholarship is confident that secession was actually far less popular among the common folk that what the Lost Cause liars wanted us to believe.
>>
Saddam Did Nothing Wrong
>>
>>865070
He made a great bluff about his chemical weapons and Dubya used that against him.

His death wasn't entirely in vain. The Iraq war proved neoconservativism complete garbage to its very core.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.