[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a history thread NOT dedicated to white men, but instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 14
File: Marie_Curie_c1920.jpg (178 KB, 813x1077) Image search: [Google]
Marie_Curie_c1920.jpg
178 KB, 813x1077
Can we get a history thread NOT dedicated to white men, but instead some women and people of color who made their mark on the history?
>>
Ada Lovelace
>>
Double whammy: a woman who left her mark on history by colonizing people of coloUr
>>
>>86386
Victoria was just a figurehead. She really didn't do much herself as queen.
>>
File: Margaret_Thatcher.png (1 MB, 790x1099) Image search: [Google]
Margaret_Thatcher.png
1 MB, 790x1099
u mad ladies?
>>
>>86355
If they wanted more attention they should have accomplished more.
>>
>>86355
>women
>>
>>86390
Even her supposed moral values and all that Victorian bullshit was Prince Albert's doing

>mfw he died from a cold after trying to resolve his son's sex scandal
>>
File: Cleopatra's_Curse_large.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cleopatra's_Curse_large.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
Post your historical waifu

>you will never be seduced by Cleopatra
>>
>>86390
This, Victoria is pretty fucking shitty, honestly have no idea why she gets so much reverence. Especially when Louis-Napoleon was doing so much more in France. His modernization of the French navy is what encouraged Victoria to do so as well
>>
>NOT dedicated to white men
we dedicate threads to them based on their achievements not their skin color or gender
>>
>>86355
History is the story of men told by men thus why it's called his-tory

That and the part where barely any women ever did anything interesting aside from queen victoria
>>
>>86355
All the women I can think of are failures
>Boudicca
>cleopatra
>that one whose plane was never found
I guess Victoria is the exception though
>>
>>86412
/thread
>>
File: eliz1-ermine.jpg (78 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
eliz1-ermine.jpg
78 KB, 400x478
>>86430
Elizabeth I

>tfw no qt red haired queen gf
>>
>>86431
Anglophilia and nostalgia and disengagement from deep inquiry.
>>
File: 1800-empress-elizabeth-2.jpg (148 KB, 800x1155) Image search: [Google]
1800-empress-elizabeth-2.jpg
148 KB, 800x1155
>>86431
She happened to rule during the peak of the British Empire
The monarchy carries a lot of symbolism, like national-imperial embodiment, in Britain

>>86430
Pic related, Elizabeth of Russia

>not one execution ordered
>>
File: Catherine II.jpg (95 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
Catherine II.jpg
95 KB, 500x734
>>86465

you need to study more history but overall I do agree its the exception not the rule
>>
>>86430
>revitalized Austria
>would have succeeded in crushing Prussia if not for treacherous Russians

was a qt when she was young as well

>>86386
literally did nothing imporant (except some philanthropy). the UK was run by crusty old white men during her reign, and they did a damn good job of running it
>>
Berenice of Cilicia,(no know pictures or statutes), supported the Romans during the Jewish revolt, financed Vespasian's bid to become emperor, almost married Titus but the Senate got all butthurt about "muh Cleopatra"
>>
I heard that Curie's papers are still so radioactive that you need to wear protective clothing just to handle them

>reminder that people used to put radioactive materials in toothpaste because "it must be good for you right? :D :D"
>>
File: 1000.jpg (66 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1000.jpg
66 KB, 768x432
>>86355

see, now people are discussing weather we should have flags on /his/

threads like this one show that we should

also, this thread, and the idea behind it, is absolutely retarded, in so many ways, it wouldnt even do as a troll thread
>>
>>86619
It's energy, and energy is good for you.

It's a real shame that the only superpowers that radioactivity gives you are more akin to shitting out your intestines than shooting spider webs.
>>
>>86743
the idea of discussing women in history is interesting, but the way the thread is presented screams troll/tumblr which is bad
>>
>>86515
Catherine the great was a shitty person whose abuse of her son fucked over the empire for years to come, whose whims were usually detrimental to the Russian people at large (And beneficial to her paramours and the upper echelons of Russian nobility), and only got away with that shit because she had a literally undefeatable general.

Fuck her.
She's the worst ruler Russia has had, and she wasn't even hot.
>>
File: khaaaaaan.jpg (425 KB, 793x1016) Image search: [Google]
khaaaaaan.jpg
425 KB, 793x1016
>general history thread (no white men allowed)
Sounds fun and really really progressive.

Pic is my favourite PoC from history: Genghis Khan.
>>
>>86355
The reason why women don't seem to feature much in history is because they've done surprisingly little for benig half the world's population.
>>
>>86431
Ruled long enough that we can give her name to a whole period of english history. It also happened to be the golden age of said history.
>>
File: Idi Amin.jpg (884 KB, 1105x1541) Image search: [Google]
Idi Amin.jpg
884 KB, 1105x1541
>>86878
If he wanted a women thread, he should have said so. It wouldn't even be the first. But this is not a women thread, this is a no white men thread.

Here posting my favourite person of color in history, Idi Amin, freedom fighter and leader of Uganda. Great warrior and lover of culture. He encouraged local culture, specially gastronomical. He also conquered Scotland. But white man betrayed him, as he didn't serve the interests of the west.
>>
File: PolPot.jpg (17 KB, 300x371) Image search: [Google]
PolPot.jpg
17 KB, 300x371
Despite being named after a board on 4chan, Pol Pot's strong leadership earned him the respect and support of one of the strongest women in history, the first ever female Prime Minister of Great Britain, Margaret Thatcher.

Also in Baroness Thatcher's fan club were Sir Jimmy Savile (OBE) and General Augusto Pinochet (PoC).
>>
Toussaint Louverture led the most successful slave revolt in history. It lead to the founding of Haiti, the only slave revolt to end in a sovereign state.
>>
>>89617
Are my pic
>>
File: Le Mentally-Ill Shit-Skin.jpg (173 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
Le Mentally-Ill Shit-Skin.jpg
173 KB, 1252x1252
>>86355

>Hitler
>White
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.