[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do religious people unironically believe that persons with different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 48
File: Hell.jpg (79 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
Hell.jpg
79 KB, 678x960
Do religious people unironically believe that persons with different beliefs with whome they interact on daily basis are gonna be tortured in hellfire for all eternity?
Or is hell some sort of metaphor?
>>
>>859095
Protestants do so.

One of their more cancerous qualities.
>>
>>859095
It's real to them until you explain how retarded it is, at which point they'll happily exclaim how it was all just a metaphor all along and you're the dumb one for taking it seriously, just like they do with all the other stupid shit in religion.
>>
>>859111
Thank you for your profound theological analysis.
>>
>>859095
Protestants do
When i was in sunday school the priest taught us that as long as you live your life rightously god will judge you accordinglt, but those with faith merely have an easier time.
>>
File: 1454641270452.jpg (21 KB, 480x478) Image search: [Google]
1454641270452.jpg
21 KB, 480x478
>>859112
Thats as profound as theology gets.
>>
OP here, I think my question was a worded a bit unclear.
I wanted to know from religious people on this board if they personally believe in hell as a place of eternal torture
>>
>>859095
No, you're not going to be tortured or anything. Priests don't even use words "heaven" and "hell" all that much anymore, preferring "salvation" and "damnation". Being "saved" is to be with God and feeling his love. Being "damned" is to be alone, unloved and suffering. Apparently once you're dead, there really isn't much to do to keep your mind occupied.

Whether the person is saved or damned, as I imagine, is determined by a single question: do you love God? If your friend atheist can say yes when he dies, halleluiah, a soul saved. If not, it's too late for him and he can't blame anyone but himself.
>>
>>859095
religious person here (Christian even). don't really think about the afterlife too much as it's not really up to me.
>>
>>859175
>Being "damned" is to be alone, unloved and suffering
Sounds better than eternal torture, i guess.
But its a still pretty grim world, where billions of souls are gonna be alone, unloved and suffering for all eternity
>>
Well, it do vary in Christianity.
Some, even if they are a minority, believe that those who disbelieve simply cease to exist, that the immortality of the soul is a gift from God to the believers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_conditionalism

Catholicism also seem to be pretty big on Virtious Nonpagans veing able to go to heaven, or some sort of low class hell where their only punishment will be to live their afterlife without God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_conditionalism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate_of_the_unlearned#Christianity
Of course that may be because of their "Pagan rationalism", which some people seem to hate for some weird reason.

For me myself having nonsaved virtuous people going to hell is one of these thing that would make me an ex-Christian, as I refuse to believe in any God that without even a thought allows millions of virtuous souls slip into hell.
>>
>>859095
Hell is a metaphore... Kinda.

It's a self-imposed near absence of God you get from activley rejecting Him, that's why Satan is in Hell. Non Seviam wasn't just edgy rebellion against doing something, it was full rejection of the entirety of God, the entire concept, the Love, the Justice, the Creativity, everything that makes God "God." And now he's in Hell, which isn't even firey, that poetic tiebacks to Gahenna and how much Israel hated it (and at the time of Jesus it was apparently a burning landfill).

I prefer Dante's Hell, the farther you get from God, the colder it gets, like Pluto and the Sun. An Anon in another thread also gave a really good analysis on the Devil in the Divine Comedy, he's chained up and frozen in a lake of ice and constantly beats his wings to try and break the chains which just stirs up more unpleasant coldness, and he could stop if he wanted to, but that would mean surrendering to God and his pride (which some attribute to him being jealous of Humans being made in God's Image and Likeness along with God becoming one of them through His Son Jesus) wouldn't let him do that. He rejected God so completely that he knows he caused this, he knows he's making it worse on himself with every beat of his wings trying to escape, he knows his defeat is inevitable, but he's so defiant, so prideful and so miserable that he refuses to acknowledge it.
>>
>>859095
Maybe their judgment will be easier because they never received the grace and they will end up in heaven.

But me, I'm the biggest sinner - I know I received the grace and the help of the Holy Spirit and I still sinned, still turned my face away from God - never took care of my brothers, couldn't resist simple temptations. I know that if I die now I'll go straight to the deepest pit of hell - It's just God mercy that keeps me alive.
>>
>>859175
Why should he blame himself ?
Love can't be willed into existence. I don't love you, and I can't help it regardless of the rewards and punishments.
>>
>>859197
>For me myself having nonsaved virtuous people going to hell is one of these thing that would make me an ex-Christian, as I refuse to believe in any God that without even a thought allows millions of virtuous souls slip into hell.

I believe I've felt the divine presence before, and having felt it I'm no to worried about Gods' justice.
>>
>>859104
lol nope, protestants don't even believe that "hell" exists. they just think that non-believer's souls simply disappear. whole idea of punishmental afterlife is purely catholic consept.
>>
File: Loki Tournmentet.jpg (52 KB, 472x600) Image search: [Google]
Loki Tournmentet.jpg
52 KB, 472x600
>>859214
How do you know if it was the Christian God though?
Christians are not the only ones to believe in (a) divine being(s) that directly interfere in Human lives.
>>
>>859199
>received grace
>>confess that you're a sinner
>>>thinks he's going to hell

doesn't work that way my friend. don't limit Gods' grace.
>>
File: Jack third crusade.gif (39 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
Jack third crusade.gif
39 KB, 468x240
>>859223
That isn't true though.
>>
>>859224
I don't think God thinks of itself as "the Christian God".
>is just God.
>>
>>859197
>Catholicism also seem to be pretty big on Virtious Nonpagans veing able to go to heaven, or some sort of low class hell where their only punishment will be to live their afterlife without God.
It's more that those who never could hear of the Truth or even hear it activley and properly preached (say, a Hindu who knows Christianity is a thing but really nothing actually about it) most likely wouldn't be damned because they never had the chance to really accept or reject God. Plus Joan of Arc said it best and I paraphrase
>when asked about the state of her soul
>"If I am damned, may God save me"
>"And if I am saved, may God keep me"

We really don't know how we will be Judged, just that it is fair and just and there's a whole bunch of stuff that will affectvit either negatively or positively and we should strive to only do the latter while abhorring the former.
>>
>>859225
I'm sorry but cultists are, including you are general wrong, they lack entirely the presence of Holy Spirit, they could get another hobby instead of role playing as pseudo-Christians.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 400x207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 400x207
>>859230
>Chick Tracts
>>
File: jackchick-happyhalloween-4.jpg (33 KB, 400x205) Image search: [Google]
jackchick-happyhalloween-4.jpg
33 KB, 400x205
>>859250
>One of the best selling US authors
>>
>>859230
>In 800 years the future equivalent of Jack Chick will claim the American invasion of Iraq was a massacre ordered by the pope
In 1204 Tsardom of Russia didn't even exist.
>>
File: image.gif (56 KB, 462x239) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
56 KB, 462x239
>>859256
>one of the most retarded cartoonists ever
>where's my pet Protoceratops if they were the size of a golden retriever and the lack of plants only affected the megafauna
>why are Blue Whales and Elephants still alive if the lack of oxygen made larger dinosaurs easier to drive into extinction
>why didn't everything start having issues with breathing if there was less oxygen

The only thing he ever got right was calling out Jehovahs Witnesses for their "blood transfusion is consuming blood and therefore immoral" autism.
>>
It could be argued that hell doesn't even exist, that all men just get to heaven after their death.
>>
>>859275
whats about little dinosaurs?
>>
I consider religious people who believe in hell to be sociopathic, as they are advocating for a moral system which espouses torture as a punishment for disobeying an irrational impossible worldview. A morally good person would reject this premise.

I think generally they externalize their opinions as not themselves directly wishing harm on their fellow human beings, but instead as a divine God who will torture everyone. In this way they can rationalize the disconnect between wishing harm on everyone versus being a moral person ("I am not responsible for my beliefs since I am just following orders")

Frankly using Bible versus to "prove" that torture is morally justifiable is even more damning, since it is circular reasoning and exposes the whole concept as a trumped up kangaroo court.
>>
As a dude of faith with an affinity for the dead kike on a stick and a grumpy German monk, I make no claims on knowledge of the afterlife
>>
>>859095

both, as there are literally billions of people who adhere to religion, across the entire world, for thousands of years.
>>
File: darkdung19old (1).gif (21 KB, 449x238) Image search: [Google]
darkdung19old (1).gif
21 KB, 449x238
>>859275
I am pretty sure that Jack Chick's only knowledge about Dinosaurs comes from popular culture, which means that he mostly will experience the big terrifying ones.
>>
>>859224
A standard Abrahamic belief is that there's only one God, therefore if you feel a divine presence then there is only one possibility.
>>
>>859095
a lot of christians believe that god doesn't send someone to hell, they send themself. God can't force them to accept him without breaking their free will, and if they live in sin and dont believe in him then they are rejecting him. effectively hell is just a state without god
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1400x1050
>>859286
Well when you see Hell as the pop culture "fire and brimstone eternal prison where demons are sadistic wardens God designed to torture people" of course it's sociopathic.

But as I like to believe, Hell is the final shot of the Shining, except there's a huge party with a live performance by your favorite musiciam(s), and the reason he looks all angry is upon joking the party you are given a mandated party hat to wear that if you don't wear it you can't be in the party and Jack now sits in the cold trying to spite the partygoers because he didn't want to wear a free hat.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>859398
>CS Lewis
>Occultic

I guess he missed the whole "Aslan is Jesus" part.
>>
Step 1: Read Jeremiah 8:8

This paragraph states that the whole bible is a fucking lie.

Step 2: Read Romans 4:14

This paragraph states that when there is no law (because it has been turned into a lie) there is no transgression.

Step 3: Go to heaven.
>>
>>859897

Romans 4:15 my bad.
>>
File: image.gif (276 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
276 KB, 500x375
>>859897
>Does not read the rest of Jerimiah 8 and Romans 4 and says just one verse from each is all you need to care about

Nice analysis of the Bible you pleb. Truly you are all knowing.
>>
It becomes even more bizarre when you consider that the new testament itself states that christians shouldn't associate with non believers.
>>
>>860015

Nothing else worth reading when both accept that the bible is bullshit and that there is no obligation when the presumed law is bullshit.

>oh, but keep reading these fine lies

kek
>>
>>859897
>This paragraph states that the whole bible is a fucking lie.
It's just about how the writers were human, and you shouldn't take scripture as if it came straight from God's mouth unfiltered.
>>
>>860414
>kek

Why so butthurt?
>>
>>860668
>It's just about how the writers were human

No, it's just about how they purposedly falsified the law.

>>862162

Sure m8
>>
>>859223
you have that backwards
>>
>>859095
despite all their bullshit, I like the theology of Jehovah's Vitnesses best.

they believe that for now, God abandoned humanity, and Earth is now ruled by Satan. this is why God isn't interacting with humanity and many people don't believe in him.

however, after the second coming of Christ, people will be given a second chance. everyone who ever lived will be resurrected and will have a chance to see God and Jesus, to see that it's all actually true, and then decide if they want to worship them or not. those who don't will not be saved, but really, everyone with a braincell would chose to believe in them, as at that point, the existence of God would have been proven to everyone, it would make no sense to be an atheist.
>>
>>859095
Yes, they do. The overwhelming majority of them.

/his/ is a cesspool of pseudo-intellectual "religious" people who whitewash religion to hell and back and end up with something even less coherent than the simplistic beliefs of the average believer.

>>859111
/thread
>>
>>859198
>Hell is a metaphore... Kinda.
>It's a self-imposed near absence of God you get from activley rejecting Him

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

Simple Bible quotes are all you need to completely discredit such asinine claims. A pit of fire is not a "self-imposed near absence of God" no matter which way you slice it. Also, there's nothing self imposed about not fulfilling one of the countless criterion GAWD has set up for us, knowing in advance we'd fail.
>>
>>859111
it's called a motte and bailey argument. It was made famous by SJWs
>>
They do. Believing in idiotic shits makes a deep cut between their group and the rest of the world as they will believe that they hold the one and only truth and that everybody else is going to pay for it.

It's a key machanism in brainwashing.
>>
>>859175
>unloved
>by good
>Christian doctrine
Pick only two
>>
Me, personally, as a religious person, do not believe so, as I take hell as an interpretation of literally, eternal death, and heaven is just a place for genuinely good people.

But, yeah, most people do that. Mostly Protestants, Charismatics, and Muslims. Cancerous, they are.
>>
>>859095
Actually i'm questioning my religion right now. I'm really confused and scared. I'm between to sides right now, atheism and my religion. There are lots of things in my religion that isn't fair.
>>
Bumpity bumps
>>
>>859095
Buddha is in Hell.
>>
>>863155
If anyone asks say you are agnostic. Then they probably won't ride your ass for being atheistic or religious.
>>
>>863237
mu
>>
>>859111
This
>>
File: 0016_13.gif (20 KB, 438x225) Image search: [Google]
0016_13.gif
20 KB, 438x225
>>863237
>>
File: 0016_11.gif (25 KB, 437x225) Image search: [Google]
0016_11.gif
25 KB, 437x225
>>863331
>Anonymous 03/20/16(Sun)18:25:40 No.863331 â–¶
>>
>>863155
Don't be a pansy stick with your religion. Hell is perfectly fair, there are people who do deserve it, not everyone should be in heaven.
>>
>>863331
Well that's fair, I mean he heard some heresay and didn't drop everything he had been raised to believe.

If that doesn't deserve an eternity of suffering I dont know what does
>>
>>863406
What do you think about virtuous pagans?
>>
File: 1086_16.gif (37 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1086_16.gif
37 KB, 468x240
>>863412
;^)
>>
>>863432

>"My friend is crazy"
*Romans 20:9

I have laughted way more than what I should.
>>
The Pope not only said that even non believers if they act and mean well will go to Heaven too, but has in these days met in a friendly manner with figures of opposite beliefs, in mosques and sinagogues.

I would like to think that you gotta make your own good, call it God or Allah if it gives you guidance, hope, happiness, if it makes you a better person all around for the good of everyone around you, then go for it.
>>
>>863452
I think it takes some from the notion of Anonymous Christianity.

Like, God is good, so striving to be good takes you closer to God, whether you recognize God as the ultimate source of good or not.
>>
>>863417
They either go to heaven, or the highest part of hell where there is no torture. Like even in the middle ages people did not think Plato, or Aristotle went to hell. It's only the modern SJW "free thinkers" aka fedoras who end up in hell where they belong.
>>
>>863464
> highest part of hell where there is no torture

I was not aware Dante's divine comedy had become doctrine
>>
>>862392
>>862392
> that point, the existence of God would have been proven to everyone, it would make no sense to be an atheist.
It would. I read parts of the books the JW hand out in the street, and their God is an awful person.
For example, they say he sent humans to earth after they challenged his authority so that they could try out for themselves what it's like to rule themselves... But not before taking away eternal life from them and making the world hostile.
They say that this makes him a good teacher. I say that makes him an hypocrite unworthy of worship.
>>
I wish I could go back in time and ask Dante how serious he was about his view of the afterlife in his Comedy.

In Hell you get tortures that on a "infinity" lenght make SAW seems like Childplay
In the Purgatory you have to do annoying things that given the lenght of time in which they span they are basically torture

So you finally reach Heaven and what do you get? Beside losing your body well you pray and you feel happy for being near God but not too much, so you dont ever wish to be closer.
Heaven means losing your free will, the one that even the Bible concedes that God gives you and that just for your mind to always "love God" and praying as an immaterial being FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Basically Limbo is the only good place you could ever hope to land on, is populated by people born before Christ, so you get to hang out with Latin and Greek writers/philosophers without being robbed of your free will, losing your body or being forced to pray.

Designing an ideal heaven must be a hell of a work, having to cater to everyone's needs.
>>
>>863464
>It's only the modern SJW "free thinkers" aka fedoras who end up in hell where they belong
So writing euphoric comments on r/atheism is a crime that deserves eternal torture?
>>
>>863494
What do you expect of religious faggotry? It began with fiction, using fiction as a source is par for the course.
>>
>>863508
Nice grade-school analysis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pkjxcEc-goI
>>
>>863494
Well we know that in hell not everyone is equal, there are varying punishments in hell. So it would make sense that the highest parts of hell aren't that bad and are basically like minimum security prisons in the U.S. or Scandinavian prisons even.

>>863542
Why do you think Lucifer is in hell? Lol joking, seriously though those people challenge God's right to rule, look above at this guy.
>>863495
God is King he is the absolute monarch of heaven, and the universe he made. So yes those who are disloyal and want to overthrow him to make themselves god, in Lucifer's case, or overthrow the kingdom of heaven and make something stupid like the Republic of Heaven would end up in the worst parts of hell the deep dark abyss.
>>
>>863331
>praying to Budda
Pretty sure they don't do that and that's not the point of those statues.
>>
>>863576
>Well we know that in hell not everyone is equal, there are varying punishments in hell.

That certainly is not in the catechism
>>
>>863579
That depends on the school of Buddhism. some have prayers along with their meditation techniques
>>
>>863583
It makes perfect sense, hell is a prison/ dungeon. Heaven is a kingdom/reward. Now is everyone in heaven equal? No they aren't it's a kingdom with god as it's king and there are hierarchies like medieval kingdoms, with saints and such being like nobility, those who barely get in being commoners, prophets being high lords like dukes and such. It makes sense. I mean in heaven the rewards and status of Moses, or Daniel, or the apostles is going to be more than a random modern Christian.
>>
>>863613
None of that is doctrine, in fact I'm pretty sure it contradicts the assertion that hell=jail .
>>
>>863613
>makes sense
>makes sense
>makes sense
>a sky king outside of spacetime makes sense
>he obviously has a hierarchy of rule, duh
>>
>>863576
>God is King he is the absolute monarch of heaven, and the universe he made. So yes those who are disloyal and want to overthrow him to make themselves god, in Lucifer's case, or overthrow the kingdom of heaven and make something stupid like the Republic of Heaven would end up in the worst parts of hell the deep dark abyss.
So heaven is basically North Korea?
>>
>>863559
He did not even read it in the least worst translation (the one in italian), you could have just said to me "don't take it so literally", while that was a nice talk I am biased because I think Dante was an asshole, I still recognize his merits, althought I think Petrarca was better and his legacy had a greater impact on the next 400 hundred years.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (118 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
118 KB, 500x661
>>859095
Hell is an allegory for separation from God and His love.

For one to choose their pride, their pleasure, etc. completely over God is for one to be in a state of Hell. Here, one is completely hedonistic and/or self-enveloped. Once they realize the mistake they have made going down this path, namely rejecting God, those in this state would probably have an amount of guilt and remorse comparable to a pain that would cause "weeping and gnashing of teeth".

As for Heaven, much like the concept of Nirvana in Buddhism, one enters this state via liberation from sin. For one to begin to resist worldly pleasures and depart from one's pride and ultimately plan to carry out an ascetic/monastic lifestyle, one would set themselves on the path for Salvation. It could be said that asceticism/monasticism = Salvation.

Contrary to the beliefs of Protestants and their mirror images (the atheists), the concepts of Heaven and Hell are allegories. The Protestants simply reject this notion, while the atheists lack the mental capabilities to decipher the allegorical language. The Bible is extremely allegorical and abstract; one should always make note of this.
>>
>>863629
Dude hell is a jail/ punishment. It's where the rebel angels were thrown after they lost the war in heaven.

>>863632
You don't believe in a universal creator so I can't convince you. But if an extra dimensional being created heaven, earth, hell and everything in it, and sets it self up as king it makes sense that it would have a feudal hierarchy.

>>863641
That's why people dislike atheists and liberals. No it's not like North Korea, it's like every feudal kingdom ever from Japan, to Europe, to Egypt during the pharos. The kings word is law, and then there is a ranking system below him. Also you don't know what you are talking about because North Korea is not a feudal monarchy. It's a "communist" dictatorship.
>>
>>863660
So can souls that went to 'hell' still reach 'heaven' if they show guilt and remorse?
>>
>>863671
Why don't you actually read catholic doctrines rather than making stuff up based on your own understanding of it?

Also north Korea is basically a monarchy in all but name. And yes, most monarchies were pretty terrible, like north korea
>>
>>863660
And before someone chimes in all "smart" like, when it intends to be taken literally, it makes note of it.
>>
>>863671
>it's like every feudal kingdom ever from Japan, to Europe, to Egypt during the pharos.
Were those any better than north korea?
>>
>>863685
The guilt and remorse are part of the 'Hell'.
>>
>>863688
>>863697
Most historical kings were better than the rulers of North Korea. You'd have to know nothing about history to think that in the past it was all misery and starvation. This is why democracies and republics probably have people who are less likely to get into heaven because they are so arrogant that they think all people are equal and they themselves are equal to God. Here's a hint you aren't equal to God, now don't get me wrong just because you have little power in heaven does not mean it's a bad place, it's a place of comfort wealth, never ending food and drink, and no disease. So it's definitely not like North Korea since there is no famine, that's more what hell is like. If it makes it easier to imagine think of fantasy elven kingdoms like Tolkien or Warhammer fantasy or whatever. You basically live forever without missing losing things you need and the comforts you want. But it's still a kingdom a random soldier elf is not as high up as the king of the elves, but his life is not bad at all, and in fact way better than those fuckers who aren't elves. In the case of people in heaven it's way better than people on earth, and a whole lot better than the guys in hell.
>>
>>863736
monarchies were terrible, at least compared to republics today. even medieval theologians had moved beyond the kingdom metaphor, heck classical theologians had
>>
File: 0003_22 (1).gif (45 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
0003_22 (1).gif
45 KB, 468x240
>>859230
>>859250
>>859256
>>859275
>>859398
>Chick Tracts

Hell yeah motherfuckers. I remember laughing so hard when I first saw this one when I was 12
>>
>>863751
Hey Robspierre. Go get fucked by a horse.
>>
File: 1109_09.gif (91 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1109_09.gif
91 KB, 468x240
>>863768
Black Tracts
>>
>>863768
What if I were born before him?
>>
File: 1109_10.gif (76 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1109_10.gif
76 KB, 468x240
>>863780
>>
>>863751
No, no they aren't. Modern life is better because of modern technology, and republics and democracies existed since ancient times. If you did not have a terrible incompetent ruler, then your kingdom was not incompetent. And heaven is not exactly a kingdom your right because God is not setting up a dynasty and all that. But it is the closest description to what the government of heaven probably is. Because you can be damn sure people don't elect god so it's not a democracy. It's a monarchy/dictatorship. That's just the way it is, humans are not equal to God. He is the ruler of the universe and that won't change.
>>
File: 1109_05.gif (72 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1109_05.gif
72 KB, 468x240
>>863785
>>
>>863768
I read my first as a little kid in Czechoslovakia in the early 90s and that shit terrified me for some reason.
>>
File: 1109_06.gif (90 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1109_06.gif
90 KB, 468x240
>>863790
>>
>>863736
Most monarchies were not absolute.
North Korea and Gods Kingdom are
>>
File: 1000_02.gif (32 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_02.gif
32 KB, 468x240
>>863791
It helped that I had no religious upringing whatsoever, I showed chick tracts to my parents and we all laughed our asses of together
>>
>>863788
>Modern life is better because of modern technology

This. Why can't people grasp this single fact? It's like they think that monarchy automatically equals 12th century feudalism or some shit.

Protip, medieval republics were just as shitty as the monarchies.
>>
File: 1313545006287.jpg (27 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
1313545006287.jpg
27 KB, 363x310
>>863769
>he's a reactionary
>>
File: 1000_03.gif (33 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_03.gif
33 KB, 468x240
>>863818
>>
File: 1000_04.gif (36 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_04.gif
36 KB, 468x240
>>863824
>>
File: 1000_05.gif (32 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_05.gif
32 KB, 468x240
>>863827
>>
File: 1000_06.gif (31 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_06.gif
31 KB, 468x240
>>863828
>>
File: 1000_07.gif (26 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_07.gif
26 KB, 468x240
>>863834
>>
File: 1000_08.gif (12 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_08.gif
12 KB, 468x240
>>863837
>>
File: 1000_09.gif (19 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_09.gif
19 KB, 468x240
>>863842
>>
File: 1000_10.gif (28 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_10.gif
28 KB, 468x240
>>863846
>>
File: 1000_11.gif (21 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_11.gif
21 KB, 468x240
>>863850
>>
File: 1000_12.gif (15 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_12.gif
15 KB, 468x240
>>863861
>>
File: 1000_13.gif (29 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_13.gif
29 KB, 468x240
>>863862
>>
>>859164
Yes
>>
>>863803
Most kings had to make sure to not piss off their vassals so they would not rebel. This applies to every dictator if Kim pissed the entre army off bad enough he could be shot. It is impossible to have a check against God, because he is a higher being. Can an ant have a check on a human? No it's the same with God and man.
>>863819
Thank you. Now it's true, that Republics could not fall as far as some Monarchies, but they could also not rise as high. A Republic is a check on everyone's power, this can stop people from fucking up, but it can also delay and stop good progress and decisions. Now if you have a good king then your nation can move forward and do what it needs quickly and efficiently and painlessly, if you have a drooling inbred moron for a king you can be screwed if his advisors can't control him. But God is the smartest being there is, so a Republic would just hold him back in his infinite wisdom so it's best for him to be an absolute monarch.
>>
File: 1000_14.gif (25 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_14.gif
25 KB, 468x240
>>863864
>>
File: 1000_15.gif (32 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_15.gif
32 KB, 468x240
>>863869
>>
File: 1000_16.gif (26 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_16.gif
26 KB, 468x240
>>863873
>>
>>859095
Muslims do believe and enjoy it. Whenever i talk about a non muslim person to my mom she says she's going to go to hell for eternity. Muslims are nutz.
>>
File: 1000_17.gif (25 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_17.gif
25 KB, 468x240
>>863874
>>
File: 1000_18.gif (29 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_18.gif
29 KB, 468x240
>>863877
>>
File: 1000_19.gif (20 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_19.gif
20 KB, 468x240
>>863879
>>
>>859230
What the shit?
>>
File: 1000_22.gif (22 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
1000_22.gif
22 KB, 468x240
>>863881
>>
God Jack Chick is stupid.
>>
>>859111
Truth trippin
>>
>>863868
>Can an ant have a check on a human?
And you like beeing treated like an ant?
>>
File: 1097_08.gif (30 KB, 467x240) Image search: [Google]
1097_08.gif
30 KB, 467x240
>>863784
Well, fuck you then, duh.
>>
>>863877
>ThisIsWhatAmericanProtestantsActuallyBelieve.jpg

Not even memeing or an edgy fedora Christian hater or anti-semite, this is the mindset that half the country and half of our congressmen have
>>
>>863899
God doesn't disrespect us, or demand for us to debase ourselves. But it does no good pretending we are equal to him. He is our superior in every way, he is our master, and our creator.
>>
>>859095
I've been taught that God will judge our wills, minds, hearts and deeds on the Day of Judgement. One thief made it to Paradise and the other didn't, so we should remain vigilant and faithful.
>>
>>859111

/thread
>>
File: Some Burger.jpg (57 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
Some Burger.jpg
57 KB, 564x423
>>863935
>>
>>863945
but you are saying we are like ants to me.
I sure dont have respect for an individual ant, and am not concerned with its wellbeeing.
I wont go out of my way to kill them, but if there is a good reason, I wouldnt bother me killing 'innocent' ants
>>
>>864094
Well I was speaking in terms of complexity. See God is not an arrogant alien who doesn't care what an inferior species does, like we don't care what Ant colonies do. God created us, we are his children in a sense. So he wants us to act in a certain way. Again it's hard to explain but compared to God we are like ants he is soo much more than us, but he is interested in what humans do and their affairs towards each other. I mean we don't know why, who can say they know what goes on in the mind of God.
>>
>>864069
Forget to add, you don't even have to be Non christian to dislike that mindset.
>>
>>863660
>The Protestants simply reject this notion, while the atheists lack the mental capabilities to decipher the allegorical language
This this some Catholicposting? I can tell by the loltastic 40K image.
>>
>>864126
More on topic, the holocaust, or ritual and religious burning of people alive is indeed a Catholic tradition. I guess you could call this manifesting a belief. Of course the ritual also was applied to witches and what not by other factions of the Christardation. Not aware of any Jew or Islamic burning rituals, then you have the Buddha self immolation thing.

People love fire and will even set other people on fire is the moral. No need to wait for an afterlife in some cases.
>>
>>864175
Technically Muslims are forbidden to use fire to punish others as that is reserved for God aka sending people to hell. However a you can see by ISIS they don't really follow that.
>>
File: 0054_07.gif (69 KB, 468x240) Image search: [Google]
0054_07.gif
69 KB, 468x240
>>864175
>The holocaust was a Catholic tradition
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 785x954) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 785x954
>>864405
>Vatican sponsored Holocaust
>Hitler was faithful Catholic
>Council of Trent said "kill everyone that's not Catholic
>pic related

You're some kind of super retard aren't you?
>>
>>859223
>>859104
man, protestantism is so broad. the beliefs can be radically different between different churches
>>
>>864856
>Implying I am posting Chick unironically
>>
>>864405
>his citation is to another of his comics

Why are Christians so dishonest? We make fun of Muslims for being a tribe of lying faggots but Christians lie like it's their religion.
>>
File: panel39.jpg (187 KB, 462x339) Image search: [Google]
panel39.jpg
187 KB, 462x339
>>865060
Are you by any chance familiar to Alberto Rivera?
>>
>>865060
>Why are Christians so dishonest?

They are dishonest because you're dealing with a demon that pretends to be a faithful person.

Read Jeremiah 8:8, they changed the whole law and pretend to have people follow their tribal ideals that are in no way commandments of god.
>>
>>865704
>Jeremiah 8:8
>not about the Pharisees using formalism to justify their vanity and hardheartedness
>>
>>859111
This.
>>
File: shunsaki ban.jpg (15 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
shunsaki ban.jpg
15 KB, 300x375
>>862430
This.

The whole '"Hell/damnation (i.e. eternal suffering) is self-imposed" is bullshit.

Christianity and Islam need to die.
>>
>>863824
>>863827
It's already been established as fact that there was never a massive population of Hebrew 'slaves' in Egypt. Quite the opposite: we have evidence of Hebrew slavers/raiders terrorizing the north of Egypt during the Middle (or was it Early?) Kingdom period.
>>
>>862430
The King James Bible and many other English translations turn Sheol, Hades, Tartarus, and the literal valley of Gehenna into "Hell". All of these represent different conceptions of an afterlife and Gehenna was the place where the Canaanites used to burn their children alive as sacrifices. Pinning down the specifics of the Judeo-Christian afterlife is really more complicated than you'd like it to be.
>>
>>865914
The Hyksos? They were definitely Semites, but that doesn't mean they were Hebrews in the slightest.
>>
>>862430
Imagine putting all the bad people of the world into one place. You don't think that there's going to be a bunch of arsonists among them? or someone that would rather nuke everyone else?
>>
>>865964
Still no evidence whatsoever of any significant population of Hebrew slaves in Egypt at any time. Even modern Jews admit that the Exodus is a metaphor or allegory and not historically accurate, so why do Christians take it so literally when even the Jews - for whom it's much more of a central text - don't?
>>
>>859198
>self-imposed

No one but God decides who believes or not
One does not decide whether he'll be born in a religious family or not
>>
>>866087
There are Canaanite letters to Egypt that mention the "Habiru" which many have taken to be the early Hebrews. The are many Egyptian references to taking "Apiru" slaves, particularly Amenhotep II's conquest of the Levant. It's not far fetched to believe that there was a population of Hebrew slaves in Egypt.

I agree that the Exodus narrative is largely allegorical though. It's meant to comfort Hebrews under the Babylonians.
>>
File: 700451-kenshiro...jpg (349 KB, 1603x1202) Image search: [Google]
700451-kenshiro...jpg
349 KB, 1603x1202
If you're the type of person that messages your opponent after a match to try and shittalk them into a shitty mood you deserve nothing less than an eternity to sit, think, abandon your narcissism and get trained out of your sociopathic attitude.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.