[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Hitler/the Nazis really fix the economy? I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: muh_autobahn.jpg (66 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
muh_autobahn.jpg
66 KB, 800x536
Did Hitler/the Nazis really fix the economy? I've heard they just capitalized on improvements already happening under the Weimar Republic.

Also; Is it true that the German economy under the Nazis was unstable and based on conquest?
>>
>>855302
https://archive.org/stream/HowHitlerDefiedTheInternationalBankers/HowHitlerDefiedTheBankers_djvu.txt
>>
>>855302
dident he put germany into a war economy, basically meaning aslong as they keep creating war supplies they could keep the economy stable since this creates alot of work and a demand for resources

i could be wrong about this tho
>>
>>855320
>muh versailles
>buying the 'versailles was horrible and criminal' meme

lad
>>
this is conspirashit >>855302

but it is basically true, he borrowed tons of money which he knew he wouldn't have to pay back after declaring war on the entire world. He probably told himself he was super smart and edgy and "defeated" the evil bankers who secretly controlled Germany with an iron grip and put political dissidents into concentration camps. In reality he was like someone who took out a massive consumer loan, maxes out their credit card then blows it on guns so he can perform a chain of liquor store robberies.

banking = capitalism = ok

Loans are just a good wholesome business deal, there is literally nothing wrong with usury and the only people who complain about it are just looking for excuses to avoid paying denbts.
>>
>>855365
It was. What the hell makes you think it wasn't?
By the way, even if you disagree about the harshness and fairness of the treaty, do you think the measures mentioned in the article weren't positive for the economy?
>>
>>855388
> What the hell makes you think it wasn't?
If it was so bad German could just not sign it.
>>
>>855388
Sure, but I'm just a bit tired of people crying about poor innocent Germany being unjustly slapped by the Treaty of Versailles by those dastardly Allies.
>>
>>855388
>what makes you think it wasn't
Wew lad. Germany literally imposed the same conditions on France at the end of the Franco-Prussian war.
>>855302
They 'fixed' the economy, but the artificial, currency manipulation and deficit spending driven 'growth' they created would have collapsed within a year if they didn't raid the currency reserves of their neighbors. It was an economy predicated on continuous conquest.
>>
He didn't really "fix it" as much as he kept it afloat artificually through looting gold from captured countries. Earlier on the economy was in shambles and all they did was create jobs.
>>
>too lazy to build proper housing and improve agriculture productivity
>invade eastern europe instead
>>
wasn't everyone expecting a war so why wouldn't the Nazis transforms the German economy to a war economy
>>
>>855857
They didn't just build a war economy, they built a money guzzling black hole that required constant conquest and acquisition of new cash reserves to feed it. None of the growth was sustainable.
>>
>ITT /pol/ gets BTFO
>>
>>855397
>Would you rather starve or go bankrupt
>Bankruptcy obviously
>See, bankruptcy is good
Is this honestly what you believe?
>>
>>856045
No shit it wasn't sustainable. You think the wartime economy in the US or USSR was sustainable?
>>
>>856112
I didn't say it was unsustainable, I said the GROWTH was unsustainable. When the US cut spending postwar, our GDP still grew. If the Nazis had cut spending in '37, their entire economy would have crashed. Their economy was run terribly. Almost as bad as the P.I.G.S.
>>
>>856065
Thank god, I get really tired of people just letting those autistic sperglords run rampant all over this website.
Thank you to those of you providing evidence that the Third Reich wouldn't have lasted even if it had won WWII
>>
>>855302
> every male that was fit for work is either dead or injured/disabled
> LOOK THERE'S MORE JOBS NOW! THE ECONOMY IS FIXED! I'M A GENIUS
no
>>
>German economy under the Nazis was unstable and based on conquest?

Pretty much, their entire concept was focused around the priority of rapid and large-scale remilitarization and mass mobilization of society for another war, evident from the fact that a peace time economy could not support such levels of production and mobilization.
>>
File: Pointing anime girl.png (154 KB, 474x369) Image search: [Google]
Pointing anime girl.png
154 KB, 474x369
>>855302
>I've heard they just capitalized on improvements already happening under the Weimar Republic.
The Weimar Republic was a dump and a failure of a state, it had no improvements for the Third Reich to "capitalize" on.

>Is it true that the German economy under the Nazis was unstable and based on conquest?
No economy in the world before or since had/has been better. The Third Reich had a flourishing society that was the envy of the rest of the world under the Great Depression before they declared war on Germany, thus there were no "conquests" to benefit from.
>>
>>857095

Good
>>
>>857095
heh heh
10/10
>>
ITT: butthurt capitalist and communist unite to spam the word war economy over and over
>>
>>855377
>then blows it on guns so he can perform a chain of liquor store robberies.

Sounds like a smart investment to me!
>>
>>856112
Yeah because the US won
>>
>>857174
I don't even think this qualifies as damage control. This is just sticking your fingers in your ears and shrieking 'MUH BUTTHURT' like a three year old.
>>
>>857183
Not if the robber is an idiot, fucks up the robberies and kills himself in front of the cops.
>>
>>857095
U wot m8? They were about to go bankrupt when they anschlussed Austria, and only survived economically by stealing the Austrians' currency reserves. After that, the only way they kept afloat was by continually stealing the reserves of whatever country they were invading.
>>
>refuse to pay war debt
>run massive deficits
>LOLOL we economy nao

Wehraboos everyone.
>>
>>855388
>It was. What the hell makes you think it wasn't?
It was tame compared to what the Germans did after the Franco-Prussian war a few decades earlier.
>>
>>857095

Nice, could you a bit more subtlety but good effort. 7,5/10.
>>
>>855388
saying it is, it's like saying that sentencing a murderer and a rapist to the deathrow is an inhumane and criminal policy

your actions must have a consequence and if you ask me, germans always had little consequencies to deal after wrecking europe several times (which is also happening at the moment)
>>
>>855388
>What the hell makes you think it wasn't?
The total payment was never executed and it was still much less than France had to pay in 1871.

The difference was that Franco-Prussian war didn't render quite big part of Germany uninhabitable for over 100 years after the conflict and counting(zone rogue).
>>
File: 1390842582999.png (253 KB, 529x289) Image search: [Google]
1390842582999.png
253 KB, 529x289
They fixed the problems already at hand, i.e the massive inflation and unemployment.

Hjalmar Schacht introduced a system of extreme government spending to create jobs in the private sector(a private sector that was mostly operated by the Nazis btw), as way of propaganda.

Anyone with a brain however, and a fleeting knowledge of economics knows that a government cannot continue to deficit spend forever, and it didn't last forever either, it lasted approximately 8 years.
>>
>>857174
>Nazis still like to pretend they weren't capitalists

kek
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.