[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lutheran Views on Mary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
This is specifically for Lutherans so please no non-Lutheran Protestants going "MUH BABYLONIAN PAGAN MOON GODDESS," but what are the views on Mary that modern Lutheren theology holds and how much does it differ from Martin Luther's beliefs on the matter?
>>
>>846863
Many of these Protestant groups make these kinds of inferences because they are genuinely ignorant of the history of the Christian religion.

For example, many Protestant groups claim the fish-like hat bishops wear, the mitre, is related to Dagon, when it is actually a nod to Jesus' decree to the apostles that they would be "fishers of men."
>>
File: W I N K.jpg (35 KB, 660x398) Image search: [Google]
W I N K.jpg
35 KB, 660x398
>>846897
>it is actually a nod to Jesus' decree to the apostles that they would be "fishers of men."
>>
Just because modern day Protestants are retardedddoesn't mean that some know their shit. The only people who actively worship Mother Mary are Mexicans, who hold her in an even greater regard than God.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 625x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 625x721
>>846897
I thought it was a mix of Jew Priest garb and Roman (usually Byzantine) court garb.

But that sound like a fun way to beat them at their own game, bravo. Imma use that next time.
>>
>>846914
>The only people who actively worship Mother Mary are Mexicans, who hold her in an even greater regard than God.
Well then, that's heresy that should be reprimanded by the Bishops. And I'm pretty sure it is along side the "Sante Muerte" cults.

There's always guys who take shit too far though. The orthodox (the word, not the Russian beard bros) view on Mary is "Best of Creation, still INFINITLEY lower than God because God is God."

But back to my OP question, do Lutherans pray the Rosary considering what Marty said about Mary being worthy of great honor?
>>
>>846897
>For example, many Protestant groups claim the fish-like hat bishops wear, the mitre, is related to Dagon, when it is actually a nod to Jesus' decree to the apostles that they would be "fishers of men."
>Jack Chick reresents every single Protestant church
Excellent meme
>>
>>847049
Based on how /his/ Protties act (heck most internet Protties) that seems like the facts of the matter rather than memes.
https://m.youtube.com/user/TheLutheranSatire
This guy makes his fair share of jabs at Catholicism but at least looking at the first "Francis the Hippie Pope" video he throws a bone by citing actual Catholic teachings and not crazy Chick-tier shit. I have WAY more respect for this guy than a Chick Tract shitposter.

Plus Horus Reads the Internet and Horus Ruins Christmas crack me up.

I also have Methodist relatives and they've never gone crazy Tract tier against the rest of my Catholic family. So it's not like I ever believed Chick spoke for all Prots.
>>
>>846897
>when it is actually a nod to Jesus' decree to the apostles that they would be "fishers of men."

He said they would be FISHERS not fish. Do you not the difference.

Also dude I'm gonna go worship the Sun, it's a nod to Jesus being the "son" of God. Also while I am at it I will worship some tree's too, it's a nod to the cross which is kind of made of tree.
>>
>>846897
>when it is actually a nod to Jesus' decree to the apostles that they would be "fishers of men."
Is this satire, or do Catholics actually believe this?
>>
>>847078
Protties are consistent in their protest against the pope.
A tradition of going against tradition since half millenia.
>>
>>846863
The insrtructions are for one to believe in Christ in his finished work, then life for us through him *period*

no other way to Father, no mention as Mary being the way, only that she carried the savior to birth here on earth so the savior Christ could redeem us.
>>
>>847099
Satire, but a cute idea to fuck with guys shouting "DAGON FISH HAT."
>>
>>847107
In action sure.
In topics it ranges from "the Pope is unnecessary" to "the Pope a demon robot from the planet Autori 6 that is building a doom laser under St. Peter's Basillica that can selectively wipe out every Protestant in a continuous sweeping strike somehow."

The first I respectfully disagree with, the second I laugh at.
>>
>>847128
>no mention as Mary being the way, only that she carried the savior to birth here on earth so the savior Christ could redeem us.
That sounds like the Catholic view. She's an advocate for us and instrument that made it possible for Jesus to redeem the world.

I take it Lutherans don't like the "advocate" part and see it as "second Jesus" rather than how Catholics see it as "Queen-mother to the King of Israel who brings the concerns of the people of the Kingdom to the King and the King responds 'Aww mom, you know I can't say no to you.' It's still all on Jesus to make thinks happen though.

Would you agree or no? And I'm being genuinely inquisitive about how it works, not "BURN THE HEATHEN PROTESTANT HERETICS!" so please don't start going that way.
>>
>>847078

>how /his/ Protties act

they're not real protestants you dummy. they're trolls trying to get a rise out of the autistic catholic and orthodox posters we have.
>>
>>847283
And Poe's Law coupled with the overwhelming desire people have to take that tasty bait makes it hard to ignore them.

I'm sure they're all retarded trolls, I just need to work on ignoring bait.

I should save more "this is bait" pics, maybe that would help drill it into my skull to ignore those faggots.
>>
>>846863
Luther himself has his Sola Fide derived from Medieval Catholic theology, particularly its concept of the Sacraments. Luther's soteriology is overall much closer to Catholicism than the later Lutherans. If Luther add in free will and doesn't deny the aspect of "habitation" in Salvation, his entire soteriology becomes agreeable to Catholicism
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.