[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This agglomeration which was called and which still calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: vol.jpg (103 KB, 376x535) Image search: [Google]
vol.jpg
103 KB, 376x535
>This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>844357
>What did he mean by this?
He meant This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.
>>
He meant I'm a French and I need to shovel everyone into the dirt because even thinking about the unholy state I was born into is too painful
>>
>
>
>
>>
>>844357
This guy should be the last one criticising incorrect names.
>>
wasn't holy because too immoral

wasn't roman because no rome (at least during his lfietime)

wasn't an empire because it was a whole ramshackle bunch of different states, kingdoms and duchies that kind of had this unifying monarch under the emperor but also kind of didn't
>>
he meant "Ce corps qui s'appelait et qui s'appelle encore le saint empire romain n'était en aucune manière ni saint, ni romain, ni empire."
>>
>>844399
Wrong. What he meant was that This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.
>>
File: 1458155803848.jpg (94 KB, 376x535) Image search: [Google]
1458155803848.jpg
94 KB, 376x535
This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the European Union was neither European, nor a union
>>
Filthy germanic barbarians will never be Roman
>>
Too immoral to be holy.

Based in Germany, and not in Italy, and didn't actually even control Rome.

More of a confederation of independent states than an actual unified empire.
>>
>>844357
He meant
>holy
>roman
>empire
There was no memearrow back then, so he had to said that.
>>
>>844357
Hmm seems grammatically incorrect. Poor translation?
>>
>>847265
>Ce corps qui s'appelait et qui s'appelle encore le saint empire romain n'était en aucune manière ni saint, ni romain, ni empire.
>>
>>847265
Bit odd with the expression, but grammatically correct
>>
File: cigarettsthefaultinourstars.jpg (108 KB, 454x750) Image search: [Google]
cigarettsthefaultinourstars.jpg
108 KB, 454x750
>>847275
>>846291
>>844416
>>844357
You know, John Green joked about the same quote in one of his videos. How does it feel to have a sense of humor on the same level as a guy who makes shitty nu-history videos and who writes cheesy genre fiction for teenage girls?
>>
>>847296
Feels like their hatred of him is really unfounded and based on memery.
>>
>>847296
I'm impressed you went a whole week without telling everyone how much you hate some random internet youtube guy.
>>
>>847296
The only way you'd know random trivia like this is because you actually watched his videos.
You probably masturbated at the same time too like a true masochist
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.