[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joseph Stalin General /jsg/ - Hitlerfags BTFO Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
ITT we talk about the greatest man to walk the earth
>>
File: 1448875558024.jpg (118 KB, 750x574) Image search: [Google]
1448875558024.jpg
118 KB, 750x574
>>838565
>greatest man
>wrong board
1/8 for bumping an actual topic out of existence
>>
File: 1449330977690.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449330977690.jpg
562 KB, 1920x1080
Bolsheviks not welcome
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 482x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 482x473
The only reason the soviets won is the lend lease arrangement. Without America they would have eventually lost. Plus some lucky breaks & the weather. None of the above shows Russian strength. Photo kind of related
>>
>>838756
This.

Just look at how many Russians were killed and how many Germans.
>>
>>838770
>Just look at how many Russians were killed and how many Germans.
Excluding PoW's it's better for Russians than for western allies.
>>
>>838778
...including PoW's it's the same
>>
>>838782
>...including PoW's it's the same
the same as in - equal to western allies

and btw. go back to fucking games with your kd ratios you fucking retards
>>
>>838770
The Germans won by far the most battles,often against numerical disadvantage. Just read up on the Waffen SS
>>
>>838813
They lost the important ones though.
>>
>>838898
Somewhat true. But man for man there were no better soldiers on the field.
>>
>>838813
I don't know anon but I've looked at the map of Europe after WW2 and I didn't see nazi germany there, I saw HUGE USSR though which may mean that those victories were just random 12 vs 48 man skirmishes therefore hold no weight in a war of millions.
>>
>>838813
>Muh Waffen SS
Literally memeforce, Wehmacht would slaughter them
>>
>>838898
Somewhat true, but the Waffen SS on the eastern front were the best trained & equipped troops out of all the axis troops there. Truly some bad asses.fought a defensive retreat all the way back to Berlin. Fanatical
>>
>>838982
The Wehrmacht would surrender. Not the SS,especially to the Russians. Death for sure,often slow & barbaric. Wasn't much better with the western troops. That's why they fought to the death most of the time.Whermacht doesn't stack up at all to the SS
>>
>>838565
>Winter war
>Doctors plot
>Night of murdered poets
>Great purge
>Decossackization
>Dekulakization
>Holdomor
>Man-made famine
>>
>>839037
SS fought to death because SS units had a lot of non Germans in their ranks. Non-german SS units are notorious for their last stands since they as POWs were actually treated worse than their German counterparts, and their own countries didn't want them to return. One example is Norwegian (or other Scandinavian group, I don't remember) soldiers fighting to the last because it was a dead end - Norway won't accept them in, after Germany falls they will get delivered to Soviets, or be captured and sent to Siberia by Soviets themselves.

Also the quality of Waffen SS really varies with much of the force faring WAY worse than their Werhmacht rivals. Equipment didn't matter much when your troops are suicidal, inexperienced idiots and NCOs are incompetent. It wasn't until 1943 when Waffen SS started being a good fighting force, and that's because they had Werhmacht NCOs transfered to them, which is also one of the reasons Werhmacht hated SS (another one is they tendency to treat civilian population like shit, obviously).
>>
File: 1377719026052.jpg (319 KB, 1202x1600) Image search: [Google]
1377719026052.jpg
319 KB, 1202x1600
>They sure wrecked hitler
>so hard that they had to take out the extra spanking on their own civilians until Stalin died
Fascists:1
fascoms: 0
>>
>>838778

You know why there were so many Russian PoWs? Because the initial stages of Barbarossa included encirclement of several armies and even more encirclements happened over the course of the eastern front. So the strategy of Germany and any modern era army during this period is to disarm the enemy at minimal cost.

So it doesnt make sense to disregard PoWs. In fact, if you really did want to measure how effective an army was, compare their PoWs because that is the army that broke the will of the enemy so supremely that they could not resist.
>>
>>838565
>ITT we talk about the greatest man to walk the earth
Bukharin, the darling of the party?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.