[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brits were perfectly willing to go to war over this ...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13
File: Aerial_photo_Port_Stanley.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Aerial_photo_Port_Stanley.jpg
220 KB, 1600x1200
>Brits were perfectly willing to go to war over this ...
>>
File: hong-kong.jpg (2 MB, 1400x967) Image search: [Google]
hong-kong.jpg
2 MB, 1400x967
>>838270
... but not this
>>
>>838270
>>838274
Because taking on some Latin American shithole is totally the same as going against a nuclear power with a billion people.
>>
There is small difference between war against some third world negro county and legit super-power with nuclear weapons.
>>
>>838270
Because

a) Argies were being colonialist retards. Falklands population are the oldest human population

b) We nicked Hong Kong as part of the Opium Wars, so the political backdraft of a war would be stupidly huge
>>
>>838270
>Agree to some shitholes retarded demands
Yeah im sure a super power will agree to that.
>>
>>838280
Pretty much this
Brits have never been brave when it comes to warfare

Ever wondered why they never tried to conquer Europe but conquered African and Australian wastelands instead?
Because niggers with spears are easier to subdue than whiteys with equal tech
>>
>>838296
I don't like Brits that much, but that's a smart approach. Notice the countries that tried to conquer Europe (France, Germany), it always led to gigantic bloodshed and ultimately failure.
>>
File: zulucartoon.jpg (494 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
zulucartoon.jpg
494 KB, 1024x1024
>>838296
>>
>>838296
>easier to subdue

Mau Mau says what?
>>
>>838337
Note that once Africa got rifles too, the anglos got out of there fucking quick.
>>
>>838296
even then against niggers with spears and afghan goatfuckers they got their asses kicked wow
>>
>>838368
>anglos

butthurt german detected

How does it feel to never have had an empire upon which the sun never set?
>>
>possibly the only justifiable war Britain has ever been involved in

>and it's one of the most controversial for some reason
>>
>>838393
>"Empire"

Hardly an empire.
>>
>>838270
>>838274
>99 Year Deal (1997 was past expiration tho)
>Sure the Chinese navy was shit at the time, but HONG KONG IS JUST A BRIDGE-CROSSING AWAY. Entire Southern Military Commandery is targeted towards HK.
>Argentina is not a valuable business partner and it is ok to piss off Argentina.
And the most important reason: British Citizens were attacked.
>>
>>838477
Its only contreversial in Argentina who wont shut up about it.
>>
>>838270
The Argentinians invaded sovereign British territory without warning, what else were we supposed to do.

>>838274
>Chinese give up Hong Kong on a 99 year lease after the Opium Wars
>British government give it back when the lease is up as per the deal

>>838296
Please tell me how those continental empires played out? Better to invade some backwards shithole and get rich from exploiting their natural resources than shed European blood for meagre gains in territory.

I swear this board is just Eternal Anglo shitposting gone mad.
>>
>>838517

There are plenty of non-Argentinians online who say it was a war to hold onto a piece of land that was conquered, albeit a long time ago.

The reality is that the Britons who live on the islands are the FIRST PEOPLE EVER to live there. They are aboriginal. They are autochthonous. They are native in the most complete sense.

There are no displaced Malvinos living in Argentina, longing for las Islas Malvinas and never have been. There are no disenfranchised Malvinos on the islands and never have been.
>>
>>838296
I'm going to sound very British when I say this but why would anyone conquer Europe when it exhausts the nation and bleeds it dry? That doesn't sound brave to me, it sounds pretty stupid if I'm honest. Better to stay well out of continental entanglements and focus on trade, diplomacy etc, to build a wealthy empire while the 'whiteys with equal tech' are busy fucking each other bloody.

>>838489
Seriously? I would really like for you to explain to me how it wasn't an empire. It was the world's largest, it used to be a superpower and it's had a pretty big impact on the world.
>>
>>838274
The PRC could have literally just turned off the water and Hong Kong would have been fucked. The Falklands, at least, had fresh water and was defensible.
>>
>>838296
>Ever wondered why Brits never tried this one thing that's not going to work but conquered these other things that would?
>>
>>838368
Literally the only people now doing any major post-colonial military maintenance in Africa are the French.

I want /int/tards to leave.
>>
>>838270
It was probably to keep prestige intact, and to flex their muscles.
>>
>>838296
So you think Hong Kong is worthy of getting nuked over? You're an idiot.
>>
>>838274
Just shows that Britain is willing to fulfill it's contractual obligations.

>>838270
If you were American and Russia seized Hawaii, would you just bend over and take it?
>>
>>838368

>Let's colonies become independent without a war
>''ha ha cowardly anglos : DDD''
>>
Because China had a legitimate claim to Hong Kong considering we'd already agreed to give it to them 100 years before we did

Argentina just randomly invaded the Falkland islands despite the islanders not wanting them
>>
>>838517

Fucking Corbyn wont shut up about it.
>>
>>842703
He's in favor of giving it to Messi?
>>
>>842703
And people will somehow pretend he doesn't hate this country
>>
>>842703
>>842723
What's his opinion on it?
>>
>>842730
He thinks we should engage the Argentinian government in dialogue if they keep up their claims to it instead of just laughing at them and telling them to fuck off.

Despite Argentina having the most UK-friendly president in a long time many people think dialogue with Argentina over the issue is unthinkable and that Corbyn wants to cede them.
>>
>>842735
what dialogue is there to be had?
>gib malvines plz
>'no'
>>
>>842735
>engage the argies in dialogue

Over fucking what? It's like Romania engaging Hungary in dialogue over Transylvania. Or France engaging Spain over Rousillon. Or US engaging Russia over Alaska. It's ours niggers, deal with it and get fugged.
>>
>>842735
Of course it is, there is nothing to discuss, the Falklands are British. No question about it.

The fact that Corbyn even wants to engage in talks over the issue shows you what kind of person he is.
>>
>>842743
Dialogue that expands into other areas besides just the Falklands. That's what the current Argentinian government want to do, they know they aren't getting the Falklands but they can't be seen to not make a fuss about it because the people have been getting the Malvinas myth shoved down their throats for decades.

If Argentina want to work with us in other areas I don't see why we shouldn't take them up on the offer of at least discussing the possibility.
>>
>>842749
>>842744
It isn't just about the Falklands, see >>842751
>>
>>842744
>>842743
>hey, stop using the falklands in propoganda
>>
>>842751
you do realise we do have normal diplomatic relations with Argentina besides the Falklands issue? We even had a deal to give them a cut of potential South Atlantic oil profits til they threw teddy out the pram
>>
>>842758
Obviously we have regular diplomatic relations, but they severely cooled under Kirchner.

Macri is someone we can work with on a much more positive standing.
>>
File: prince charles ibn al-britbong.jpg (38 KB, 351x336) Image search: [Google]
prince charles ibn al-britbong.jpg
38 KB, 351x336
>>838270
>>838274
muslims have always had a hard time against the chinks
>>
>>842766
the_new_sultan.jpg

Monarchy sure works in the long run
>>
>>838274
I think your pic is a direct result of Britain NOT taking over Hong Kong
>>
>>838274
>>838270
A navy composed of couple of ships vs a country that is about to rival the US in few years.

Brits dont have the capability to wage war or defend itself.

The US will find itself in a similar fashion with Taiwan in coming years. Whether it chooses to defend Taiwan or let China takeover will determine who will be the real superpower.
>>
>>838274
The contract was about keeping the island for 99 years.

99 years have passed.

As expected from blackgertinians, you don't understand that international treaties are here to honour them which is probably caused by the fact that majority of your education system between 1940's and 1960's was based on Gaymans running away from europe to blackgertina who, just like all Gaymans, had troubles in understanding that truth.
>>
>>843169
SCRAP OF PAPER
C
R
A
P

O
F

P
A
P
E
R
>>
>>843178
Germans saw treaties as scraps of paper and it ended with them getting completely btfo
>>
>>843205
But they've had better kdr.
>>
File: dresden.jpg (361 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
dresden.jpg
361 KB, 800x800
>>843217
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany
>>
File: N11Qf0y.jpg (865 KB, 1795x2456) Image search: [Google]
N11Qf0y.jpg
865 KB, 1795x2456
>>843224
poor dresden
>>
>nigels shitposting
>>
File: 1299827572337.jpg (31 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1299827572337.jpg
31 KB, 512x512
>>843232
>implying i care about dresden
>implying i think it wasn't morally justified
>implying bomber harris shouldn't do it again
>>
Why do people call Britain perfidious when they're the most honourable about upholding treaties? They even destroyed their own Empire and country over a scrap of paper in 1914.
>>
>>843217

Good KDRs didn't win those wars, son.
>>
File: TheAIDF.png (167 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
TheAIDF.png
167 KB, 429x410
ITT
>>
>>838274
I know this isn't really related to the subject but big cities in Asia are so aesthetically pleasing. I really need to visit one day.
>>
>>843275

It depends on who the treaty is with - and they made some pretty sketchy treaties as well.

That said, the other Europeans weren't that much better when it came to making treaties with non-European powers.
>>
>>843281
Are you in every thread were Britain or England are mentioned? Autistic as fuck.
>>
File: aidf59.png (827 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
aidf59.png
827 KB, 600x840
>>843294
Go away AIDF
>>
>Brits were perfectly willing to go to war over this
>It began on Friday, 2 April 1982, when Argentina invaded and occupied the Falkland Islands...

The Brits were attacked, they did not go to war. They defended themselves.
>>
>>843281
I never understood why Mosley though, of all people?
>>
File: Anglo_persecution.jpg (237 KB, 431x696) Image search: [Google]
Anglo_persecution.jpg
237 KB, 431x696
>>843313
How can someone hate innocent Anglos, right?
>>
>>838280
This.

Also, the Falklands was a message. That Britain was still militarily relevant and was willing to fight to hold on to any place that was actually anglo.
>>
File: aidf58.jpg (193 KB, 960x905) Image search: [Google]
aidf58.jpg
193 KB, 960x905
>>843320
>falklands
>Anglo

pick one

Falklanders are white/ARYAN
>>
>>843166
> China rival the US
Anon you went full pleb
>>
>>843224
The destruction of Nazi-Germany really is a good feel.
>>
>>843360

You keep up that smug superiority and sense of invulnerability, anon. After all, great powers have never collapsed under the weight of their own arrogance nor been defeated by those they view as their inferiors.
>>
>>843360
Even Trump said China is something to reckon with, pleb

>>844247
Bingo
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 800x146) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7 KB, 800x146
>>838535
>>
>>838489
Tell how the third reich was an empire then fagerman
>>
>>843252
that photo is Warsaw you nig nog, pretty clear what the guy's point was
>>
>>844446
loving the tiiiiiiiny little line in the 1980's
>>
So why doesn't Argentina just pull an Israel / Palestine scenario? Just subsidize "settlement" to the islands until you have a sizeable majority in parts, and then the situation is much less clear cut.
>>
>>844260
>trump said it, it must be true
>>
>>844247

you're the smug little shit here boyo
>>
File: USAF.png (3 MB, 3780x2672) Image search: [Google]
USAF.png
3 MB, 3780x2672
>>844247
thanks i will
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.