[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How real is love? Should we seek it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1448123577514.jpg (84 KB, 960x593) Image search: [Google]
1448123577514.jpg
84 KB, 960x593
How real is love? Should we seek it?
>>
>>835584
If you want.
>>
>>835584
I want to fuck a trebuchet
>>
Love is a chemical reaction. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
Love is basically just the release of oxytocin in response to certain stimuli from the opposite sex
>>
>>835651
>>835657
Retards.

>>835584
No, you should feel it.
>>
It's all up to you if you want to seek it.
>>
>>835673

>pointing out scientific fact is retarded

t. Liberal arts major
>>
Science is truth
>>
>>835682
If you really think that repeating the "Love is Chemicals" factomeme is interesting at this point, I don't know, you must have found a more interesting implication of that proposition than I have.
>>835651
>>835657
And?
>>
>ITT false flags

>How real is love? Should we seek it?

Seems to be associated with particular chemical reactions (obviously in context with a whole range other factors) but it's not something that seems to be able to be properly defined.

and yes.
>>
Love stinks anyway
>>
>>835657
>>835651
I never quite understood this, as a response. We know that love is chemical, but how is that in any way relevant to OPs question? Is something less real because it's chemical and not some magical fairy-dust bullshit?
Pain is just chemical, too, but does that mean getting your arm chopped off doesn't hurt, or any less?
>>
>>835673
>Implying love is a feeling instead of an ongoing action
Fucking plebeian.
>>
>>835682
>"scientific fact" aka objectivist retard
>implying your posts even contribute anything

Yeah, it's a bunch of chemicals. So what? Does that mean it isn't real, or is at any rate less valuable? All of life is fucking chemicals. And something still has to trigger it for you, so there is a psychological as well as spiritual premise to it.

And for the record, feeling a boner is not like feeling love.
>>
I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wuDi0i7_ug
>>
>>835584
How does someone pronounce "Kebert Xela"?
>>
>>835708
Mostly insecure men
>Dude it's just a chemical i'm so cold and logical dude.
>>
>>835710
>implying feeling isn't an ongoing action
>>
File: 1455593463445.jpg (43 KB, 482x609) Image search: [Google]
1455593463445.jpg
43 KB, 482x609
>>835614
>>835584
>>
>>835584
Does a female love a man as a man loves a female? No; the female does not love the man; at best, the woman loves to be loved as well as adores to love to be loved. Most of the men love a woman such as most of the females loving their children, up to, for too many men, talking to the female in puerile manner in public; whereby most of the men completely failing to understand that a man must take a female with detachment, such as an owner loving his dog, such as the scientist towards his experimental subject. The lovers plays along, play her game precisely for he is not egotistic, but only narcissistic.
Her lack of reflexivity renders her the most untameable creature that so many men attempt, drawn by her, to domesticate only to perish faster than a moth on a night lamp, due to their innate failure to seek a reality outwards themselves, something that the inwards attention of the female prevents her to endure. Her nudity is the force of the woman : she makes her lack of apparent shield the most powerful one, so that the woman never lies to who takes the moment to observe her, yet without hesitating to crush every man whom she judges cruelly unworthy of her. So much power appears as beauty itself but, naturally, once that the higher man reaches her, he understands at the same instant her vacuity, or rather, the debilitation of his original quest.
>>
>>836559
don't agree with that entirely, but where dat from?
>>
>>835706
With pheromones
>>
>>837075
I'm not that anon but it could be Hegel
>>
>>837075
http://pastebin.com/Qi7nsaZq

I don't know who wrote this essay but it seems very Nietzschean, like someone rehashing what is already said better elsewhere.

>131. The sexes deceive themselves about each other: the reason is that in reality they honour and love only themselves (or their own ideal, to express it more agreeably). Thus man wishes woman to be peaceable: but in fact woman is ESSENTIALLY unpeaceable, like the cat, however well she may have assumed the peaceable demeanour.
-Nietzsche BGaE
>>
>>835769
>not being a based MGTOW positivist living without stupid women
>not embracing objectivist science you learned from some youtube channel and using it to justify your loneliness
>>
>>835692
>>835708
>>835769
It's a false flag meme.
>>
>>835651
>>835657
these are the people who will chop a guy's head and then say he was dumb because they couldn't see a thought inside their brain
>>
>>835651
>>835657

Everything is a chemical reaction dipshits. Stop reducing down to irrelevancy.

Its like asking if something's a stool or a table and getting told its carved wood. NO SHIT
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.