[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do we almost only exclusively study the modern era in school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1419222576001.gif (2 MB, 988x516) Image search: [Google]
1419222576001.gif
2 MB, 988x516
why do we almost only exclusively study the modern era in school?
>>
>>82083
We mostly study middle ages, empire and revolution + WWII in Russia tbqh.
>>
I have seen this gif far too many times for it to work OP
>>
>>82083
damn you got me bro
>>
>>82083
Because children need to be fed propaganda from a young age to ensure that they are stupid and complacent.
>>
>>82083
because its the period most relevant to the 21st century.
>>
File: news_205478_0.jpg (22 KB, 335x289) Image search: [Google]
news_205478_0.jpg
22 KB, 335x289
You almost got me OP, almost.
>>
>>82083
Son of a bitch, you caught me unaware.

You're not supposed to post this shit after the 31st, it's unfair
>>
>>82083

Simple. It's just more relevant.
>>
>>82083
Not in civilized countries
>>
You went to a bad school, then. Both in primary and secondary school, we went through history from Antiquity to the fall of communism.
>>
>tfw I didn't even know what Byzantium was until I went to college
>But I could tell you all the autistic information and statistics of the various political parties in Weimar Germany by junior year of HS
>>
Fucking hell
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.