[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the criteria for God answering prayers? Serious question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
What is the criteria for God answering prayers? Serious question.
>>
He doesn't answer prayers
>>
Something has to coincide with his will. You can't ask for a million dollars and expect it to occur. Ask for knowledge and discernment first and always pray for protection, good health and peace.
>>
>>819952
if it coincides with his will then he would do it anyways without needing you to beg
>>
Well not relaying them through random dead people is a good start.
>>
>>819952

I have been asking for guidance for quite a while now and have seen nothing like an answer. I also don't mean like "ANON, THIS IS GOD, HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO!" or anything like that, but yeah.
>>
>>819959

Not saying your wrong because God is soveirgn after all but that is part of the mysteries of prayer and God. The bible tells people to pray and there are many instances recorded that show God wanted to do one thing but decided to do another because of a person praying. God doesn't make mistakes or change his mind but at the same time he listens to prayers although I can't say how it is.
>>
>>819910

He is a person, and does whatever He wants to do.

If He says "you do x, and I will do y", that will always be answered.
>>
>>819990
>doesn't make mistakes or change his mind
>prayers have changed his mind
what kind of fucking doublethink is this?
>>
>>819959
There's a curious parable about an unrighteous judge that suggests the Father is vulnerable to a woman's nagging.
>>
>>819987
Are you one of God's, and if so, how did you become one of God's?

And if not, why do you expect God to answer you?
>>
>>819990
It seems that hypothetically if a person was persuasive enough they could entirely bend God to his will.
>>
>>819962
underrated post
>>
Submission.
>>
>>820026
You'd have to have a pretty big set of brass balls to attempt that. Abraham did. Moses did. Job did. David did. Can't think of too many others.
>>
>>819910

People often think their prayers went unanswered, when the actual answer was "No" or "Wait". The bible tells us that the fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. And Jesus said you have not, because you ask not.
>>
>>819959
Kind of. Praying that God does what God said He is going to do is redundant; praying that God does something He says He's not going to do is futile.

But many things happen in the permissive will of God that are not necessarily part of the express will of God.
>>
>>820025

I don't go to church but I consider myself a Christian in a pretty loose sense, honestly.
>>
>>819987

I'm not that different than you anon. Years ago I was very deeply religious and ask that God to give me some blessing and keep me close to him. The prayer wasn't answered and even though I was baffled as to why God would deny such a request I didn't forget Paul in his letters stating that God Judges people differently. The saved pots are usually judged more harshly in this world than the unsaved pots who are meant for destruction. Remember how long it took for Moses to hear back from God. 40 years! Believers are meant to strengthen each other. God sees your whole life even before you say a thing to him and not a hair will fall of your head without him knowing it.
>>
>>820018

Perhaps God foreknew of a prayer and decided that he would be merciful. An example of King Hezekiah who sinned greatly against God but repented before being warned of destruction or Moses on the mountain. We only really live in a 2d animated space and cannot really fathom everything he does. That's why faith is the same as knowledge.
>>
>>819910
How can an impersonal ground of being answer prayers let alone have a will
>>
By filling out the forms and mailing your prayers to the proper claims department. Prayers are answered in the order that they are received. An answer should be available in 4 to 6 weeks, after a backlog of 1-2 years. God is not responsible for misinterpretation of "signs" or false responses. Answers of "no" will not result in any notification or response; if no formal response is received after aforementioned waiting period, the answer is implied "no". There is no appealing of Divine Will. Only worshipers meeting very specific prerequisites will have prayers responded to, if at all.
>>
>>819910
Mysterious ways and shit.
>>
>>819910
You just have to ask sincerely
If god doesn't answer, then either something in your future was made better, or something in the afterlife was made better
win-win
>>
>>820066
Going to church is irrelevant; if you know Jesus died for your sins, and you confessed He is Lord, knowing that He rose from the dead, you're one of His. People who are not one of His cannot do any of that.

I have found the best way to pray for wisdom is to do so at night, before falling asleep. Praying for wisdom is one of the prayers God is delighted to grant, and you will often find your answer in the morning.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.