[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /his/ since int would not help me i thought about posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: work.jpg (21 KB, 154x158) Image search: [Google]
work.jpg
21 KB, 154x158
Hi /his/
since int would not help me i thought about posting here and see if i can get some answers
i am looking for some Danish people to answer me if the "Jewerly" law that passed says anything about the refuges getting a refund of their confiscated valuables...i have the laws but i dont know danish and i can never trust a googlish translate in matters of law cause every word matters
pic not related
>>
>>814211
bump
>>
Dane here.
As I understand it, if someone seeks asylum in Denmark has a large capital, be it money, non-affectional jewelry or other valuables the state can confiscate them to help pay for the asylum seeker's residence. These exact same rules apply to any Dane who wants to recieve aid from the government as far as I know.
>>
>>814250
i know that but my questions is if there is mentioned anything about a refund to the refugees in any case
and thanks for the time you took to reply
>>
>>814211
>>814211
This isn't /his/ related. Also, you're a migrant, huh? Gg.
>>
>>814256
The refund is pretty much access to gbenefits from the government as any other refugee. The law was passed to make sure that the people who are able to pay for their own stay must.
>>
File: tips.jpg (283 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
283 KB, 900x1200
>>814260
"This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, >law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages,.."
pleb
>>
>>814271
thank you very much kind sir :) /his/ rarely disapoints me in serious matters
>>
Also there are pretty strict rules as to how the items are being stored, to make sure that they do not lose any value. As I understand it the asylum seeker can then at a later date buy back the confiscated item(s) from the state and a fair price.
>>
>>814282
>/his/: everything

Never understood why humanities were included in this shithole.
>>
>>814282
>humanities means whatever I want it to mean, guise, even answering the questions of an economic migrant trying to scam the European welfare state.
>>
File: trust me.gif (10 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
trust me.gif
10 KB, 501x585
>>814316
i am half european and half european , so that makes me more European that you bro
u mad?
>>
>>814288
is there any way you can confirm that?if that is true then it changes everything
>>
>>814381
>Turkey is Europe

Best meme.
>>
File: 1456404058563.jpg (89 KB, 1080x1110) Image search: [Google]
1456404058563.jpg
89 KB, 1080x1110
Half greek half polish
and no i will not pay my debts we invented democracy and the Hussars
>>
>>814408
>half Greek half Polish

Horseshit. Both Poland and Greece are EU members and thus not eligible for rapefugee status, Mehmet.
>>
>>814388
I just skimmed through the police's guide, and the objects were to be stored. I had something about a pay-over-time deal in it, and I'd guess that'd be about the items in question since the stay is free and the items are to be stored bt the state. I'm no lawyer and don't really know all of the terminology, so don't hang me up on it.
>>
>>814425
You do undestand that i not want a rapefugee status right? i am just asking because of a future debate that is going to be held here about the Subject of the validity of this law
>>
>>814427
just one questions about this...when you say pay over time who do you mean has to pay? the refugees or the state?
>>
I'm pretty sure the refugee can make a deal with the government to pay for some of their of accomodations over a period of time and thereby earning back their right to the confiscated item(s). I'm not sure when this deal will have to be made with the state, or how long the items are stored before being sold if no such deal is made.
>>
>>814469
their own*
>>
>>814469
thank you bro :) you are a real hero and you have no idea how much this changes things :D thanks for all the effort you put to answer all my questions
>>
>>814477
Happy to share some information (vague as they might be). This whole shitstorm surrounding the law's passing has netted us some serious flak over the world, but I think this has mostly been the result of the limited information being covered in the international media and instead people just jumped on the "taking jewelry from poor refugees!"-wagon, when in fact it covers any item or collection of connected items over 10.000 dkk.
>>
>>814488
bro i am with you 100% of the way.i have done research in the past weeks about this subject and people seem to forget that the only thing that may be considered illegal is the confiscation of assets other than money. by EU laws it was legal to demand a refund from 2003 but it was done in rare cases so the problem the world has is really only ethical-ish and i dont get why was this law such "tragedy"
>>
>>814488
i am with you 100% of the way bro
in the research i have done this past weeks i found that by EU laws it was legal to demand a refund from 2003 but it was rarely acted and the most important thing
Denmark and Switzerland are not bound by the Directive, Denmark because of its opt-out and Switzerland because it is not a Member State
>>
>>814488
sorry for the double reply i thought the first one did not come throught
>>
I think the ethical opposition could easily be countered by another country attempting a similar law. We got into a shitstorm because Inger Stojberg specifically mentioned jewelry, whereas the goal was to make sure that the people who really had nothing could get the benefits they needed while the asylum seekers capable of paying for themselves should. In effect this should lower the costs of the government making sure we're able to help even more in true need. This wasn't commnunicated clearly enough in the law's initial phases, but I'm glad that it passed regardless.
This is mostly speculation on my part though, and I haven't really resaerched it much, just followed the media the first few months after it's introduction.
>>
>>814600
Interesting part is, though, that if we take all the refugees and their net tax income, Denmark is coming out on top. Look it up.
>>
>>814740
I don't really have the time to go in depth with this as I'll be going to bed soon. It's been nice chatting with you, and I hope the views of a regular Danish citizen on the "jewelry law" has been somewhat useful to you.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.