[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
scourge of god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
What do you think about Atilla ?
>>
>>814029
He dosen't look finish in the picture.
>>
>>814341
He was HUNgarian.
>>
>>814352
Do people actually believe this? That Hungarians descended from Huns?

>some random tribe comes from the Steppe 600 years after Attila
>WE WUZ
>>
>>814352
The Huns came from somewhere in between the Altai mountains in far western mongolia and southern Russia further west. Hungary doesn't have much to do with it.
>>
File: ss.jpg (8 KB, 277x77) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
8 KB, 277x77
>>814352
And who do you think were hungarians?
>>
I was joking with the hungarian thing anons, I thought the"HUNgarian" would make it quite obvious.. Apparently not.
>>
İf Atilla is Hungarian, why it is known as the Huns or Turk ?
>>
>>814368
Hungarians are a altaic nation!
They was assimiliated by the slavs!
>>
>>814462
I figured, but remember that the Zeitgeist documentary used that "SON of God" spiel, and too many people bought into it, before it got BTFO from the revised version.

My brother is 20 IQ points smarter than me (a measly 130er), and he clung onto the false etymology for about 2 years.
>>
So did the Hungarians origin of the Turks ?
>>
File: 1455895245737.jpg (117 KB, 399x536) Image search: [Google]
1455895245737.jpg
117 KB, 399x536
>>814370
>a shit eating tribe.
>>
>>814500
Yes, but they was assimilated by the slavs like the bulgarians.
>>
thank you ı understand
>>
>>814029
I looked and behold, a pale horse; And his name that sat on him was Death.

And Hell followed with him.
>>
>>814368
Yes and no. Hungarian here. The Hungarians weren't Hunnic in the Mongoloid sense, but we were one of the Finno-Ugric tribes that joined with the Huns and adopted a lot of their culture.

So Hungarians today still embrace Hun culture, moreso today than before, but when pressed few people will deny that we're basically Slavs.
>>
>>815204
well that sucks, you're all secrectly slaves.

Shitty joke aside, whats it like being a place that probably learned more about other cultures? Most of american history was the civil war, world 1 and 2, tiny bit of current events, and indians, fuck tons worth of indians and pilgrims. basically just the last 600 years of american history.
>>
>>814029
Not half as dangerous as history has made him out to be. He was beaten by a ragtag bunch of bumfuck barbarians with some pathetic Roman remnants thrown into the mix.
>>
File: giudjenov_kubrat_i_sinove.jpg (325 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
giudjenov_kubrat_i_sinove.jpg
325 KB, 960x768
>>814029
He was a good friend.
t. Bulgar
>>
>>815222
It's pretty cool IMO, although schooling is so tough in Hungary that academics aren't really seen as a hobby, just because people get so much of it in school. Almost everyone knows the general form of European history back to the founding of our nation, and stuff about Greco-Roman influence.

I think schooling is too hard in Hungary, because in places like Germany and Sweden the schooling is more fair but people still manage to be informed and able to hold conversations on many topics. I also think schooling in the US is bad at its core (I spent a lot of time in school here as well) because the work ethic here is more "get A's so you can go to an good/expensive school" whereas in Hungary and most of Europe it's "Get A's so we know we didn't raise a simpleton". That's probably my main critique of the US, that people here do things to get things out of others whereas people in Europe do things because our culture is more strict and doesn't allow slacking to begin with, but I guess that's a personal preference. Not that I don't like it here, I'm just a simple eastern European that misses the oppressive environment of my home.
>>
Probably the best Total War game in terms of the battles
>>
Ahhh, Wome....
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.