[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do ancient civilizations and religions have so much in common?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: anunnaki2.jpg (130 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
anunnaki2.jpg
130 KB, 1024x686
Why do ancient civilizations and religions have so much in common? Even on different continents that had no connection to each other? And how did they have knowledge of celestial bodies that are not visible from Earth without a telescope? Were religion, astronomy, architechture, and alchemy taught to the ancients by the anunnaki?
>>
The thing that really puzzles me is how Mesoamerican cultures had both pyramids and dragons.
>>
What about the Nazca lines aka runways? And the airplane statues? So many questions with no answer that makes sense... unless the anunnaki are factored in, then all of the answers become clear. How else would the pyramids have been built? And why else would people all across the world have revered the pyramid shape and worshipped very similar gods, having very similar beliefs of the afterlife and all believing in dragons?
>>
>>81387
You mean that they had/believed in these things just like people in Egypt and Asia?
>>
File: anunnaki.jpg (27 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
anunnaki.jpg
27 KB, 278x400
>>
>>81981
They weren't reptilians.
>>
>>81350
>Why do ancient civilizations and religions have so much in common?
Like what? That's a claim and you should list some factors that convince you of that.

>>81493
>>82008
>ancient aliens bullshit
oh never mind
MODS
>>
Part of me believes it's human nature. It's just simply not impossible for this occur, despite these civilizations being so far apart and isolated from one another. I think it's all a part of man seeking to explain the world around him. That's why religion is almost inevitable, why pure invention truly doesn't exist either because not only do we share the same brains(despite efforts to individualize sects of people) but inventions proceeds necessity. And the necessity of man throughout history has been nearly all the same despite cultural differences.
There's simply too many variables to take into account that have a true and lasting impact.
I honestly think "aliens" is a far too simple cop-out.
>>
>>82008
Then what were they?
>>82040
Sometimes the truth is simple.
>>
A rudimentary knowledge of physics tells you that the pyramid is the most stable simple structure that can be built on a massive scale. That's why it's so popular. If stone-age cultures all over the world were building upside-down pyramids then maybe I'd be impressed.
>>
>>82075
Not too sure about reptilians but they are probably a separate group, the annunaki were similar to us since they created us in their image and likeness.
>>
>>82075
Give me an example, please, where things influencing a cultural or society is truly simple. There are many factors that influenced a society.
Honestly? Aliens are the equivalent of saying God created everything. Or when asked a question just replying "just cause". It's easy and "simple" to blame aliens because we can totally fabricate them to fit and explain things we don't understand. So that whenever we archeologically find something we use "aliens" as a backdrop for things we don't understand. Just man has used God and religion to explain the world for thousands of years.
My friend it's a cop-out.

As a note: I don't claim to understand it all. There's too many variables in a time too far a way from my current understanding of the world. I was only sharing a view and opinion.
>>
>>81350
Because they were built around psychedelics that react with human brain chemistry in the same way regardless of race, thus inspiring the same basic ideas.
>>
>>82269
I respect your stance and I understand your reasoning, but I also think that aliens are a plausible solution. There is compelling evidence for the alien theory, but certainly not hard proof.
>>
>>81387
>>81545
Wasn't the whole dragon thing likely because of dinosaur bones?
>>
>>82421
Or because of actual living dinosaurs? That's more likely. Dragons were just a species of dinosaur.
>>
They all lived in the same world, and as such had very similar experiences. Trees exist everywhere. Birds exist everywhere. Every culture could see the stars in the sky. The things that spawned myth and culture is mostly the same everywhere, and this naturally leads to some similarities between isolated cultures.

>architecture
Physics doesn't change no matter what continent you're on, so saying things like "why did different cultures build pyramids" is just retarded.
Don't assume that people who lived in the past were so stupid they couldn't work out the most basic structural principles of architecture.

>religion
For every similarity between the religion and myths between separate cultures, their are dozens of differences. By only looking a the similarities between myths but ignoring or disregarding the staggering differences, you're intentionally excluding data that doesn't support your theory, which is a text book case of confirmation bias.

>Astronomy and alchemy
Nigga please.

This thread seriously belongs on /x/
>>
>tfw history channel actually caused people to believe that ancient extraterrestrials visited our planet
>i don't even have a reaction face for this
>>
>>82445
Lol agreed.
>>
>>81350
Its only superficially that they are similar. When you look in detail, they are actually bery different.
>>
>>82498
AA is not what made me believe it to be honest mang.
>>
I seriously hate you people. You want to discuss history but if you don't like it you cry about it.
>>
File: frog girl.png (437 KB, 1039x887) Image search: [Google]
frog girl.png
437 KB, 1039x887
>>82498
It's a fucking discredit to our species that people earnestly believe that the Great Pyramids would have been impossible to build with out the help of ayylmaos.
>>
>>82498
I knew about this stuff years before Ancient Aliens. A lot of us did.
>>
>>82567

You don't understand the belief of ancient astronauts then.
>>
>>82567
People didn't have the tools to build such things with precision
>>
>>82627
I understand that it's pseudo-scientific bunk and that this thread belongs on /x/.
>>
>>82674
No it doesn't this involves history
>>
>>82704
This
>>
>>82567
People couldn't replicate them even with 21st century technology, dumbass.
>>
Why would aliens travel millions of miles to help build tombs for bronze-age kings?
>>
>>82758

Because they didn't try because it would be a huge waste of resources. If for some absurd reason we decided that building massive pyramids was a good idea we could probably build one twice as big as the pyramid of Giza.

If we could build the hoover dam I'm pretty sure we can make a simple pyramid.
>>
>>82767
Like I said, you don't understand the premise of this belief if you say it like that.
>>
>>82825
Sure we could make a bigger pyramid, but the blocks would not fit as precisely together.
>>
>>82113
A child can figure it out on it's own while fucking piling rocks ffs
>>
>>82826

What is the premise? Isn't it that aliens came and helped give the ancients knowledge and the ancient people eventually mythologized them as gods? What else is there to understand? What am I missing here?
>>
>>82865

Says fucking who? I always see these ancient aliens people saying "hurr it fits better than modern tech durr!!" And they just expect you to take it as fact. Where are the measurements? Where arethe citations? Flushness and space between blocks are things that can be quantified so this should be easy to prove, yet they never elaborate on this point.
>>
File: pyramidtopper.jpg (38 KB, 472x300) Image search: [Google]
pyramidtopper.jpg
38 KB, 472x300
This is great until he gets to the global flood that didn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Can we stop pretending we can't make pyramids today? No one has tried and failed, they just didn't know how the ancients did it. Well we didn't, but the internal ramp theory is shaping up to be pretty accurate.
>>
>>82942
They don't elaborate because if you really want to see the proof you'll look up the statistics yourself. No matter what sources I claim to get my numbers from, you won't believe me without researching it yourself.
>>
>>82865
I seriously doubt that considering what modern tech can accomplish in relation to making things fit precisely together (just look at iPhone packaging)
>>
>>82981
There is a difference between a several gram package and blocks that weigh several tons each, faggot.
>>
>>82758
>People couldn't replicate them even with 21st century technology, dumbass.
Literal bullshit. The reason we don't build stone pyramids today isn't because stacking blocks is difficult, it's because we're too advanced to waste time and resources on something so primitive.

>requires a ridiculously expensive amount of limestone (or other stone)
>shit height vs width ratio
>almost no interior space

Even if we wanted to build a pyramid, we would use interior framing and other more advanced techniques instead of stacking a stupid amount of blocks like they were fucking lego's.
With our modern understand of physics, North Korea managed to build a pyramid over twice the size of the Great Pyramid of Giza. North Korea is a poor, starving, backwards communist hellhole, and even they managed to build bigger and smarter than the ancient Egyptians. Competing our modern society with one from thousands of years ago is completely retarded, and not because they were more advanced than we are now.

Besides, I don't know why people wank off to pyramids do much when arches are the GOAT ancient architectural style.
>>
>>82962
>"debunked" by a christfag fundy

No thanks
>>
>>83040
Well that's the thing, he lists all his sources.
Everything explaining the internal ramp theory is actually real i.e. it is published. He doesn't really add anything to what he presents, except that he relates it back to the specific claims of Ancient Aliens.
>>
>>83132
He managed to point out the exaggerations and bullshit contained in the show.
Is the idea of aliens potentially influencing the ancient past altogether thrown out?
Nope.
>>
>>81387
What's the /x/phile theory on dragons?
Do they represent spaceships? Were the dragons the ancient aliens themselves?

Please teach me your ways.
>>
>>83394
Dragons were a species of dinosaur that still existed up until the middle ages. Not paranormal, just truth.
>>
>>83371
>Is the idea of aliens potentially influencing the ancient past altogether thrown out?
>Nope.
Very correct anon, but now you have to support the claim of alien intervention.

Also I realize I posted a 3 hour video, but I was talking about explaining how the pyramids got built. I wasn't saying I proved aliens couldn't have ever contacted ancient humans, that claim would be very foolish of me.
>>
>>83478
Well... DID aliens contact ancient humans?
>>
>>83468
>truth
>dinosaurs in the middle ages
eric hovind, is that you?

>>83394
>asking for /x/
>>>/x/
not even being mean, just you know, you could ask them
>>
>>83394
I once saw an episode of ancient aliens that said dragons were space ships that spewed fire and smoke and the first emperor of china flew in one.
>>
>>83503
There's no strong evidence for that at this time.
>>
>>83503
Until you provide clear and irrefutable proof I'll believe you
>>
>>83503
Not only did they contact ancient humans but they created them. Sumerian clay tablets talk about this.

http://truthisscary.com/curriculum/the-sumerian-tablets/
>>
>>82435
Yes, T-rex was strutting around while the pyramids were being built. You fucking baka.
>>
>>83636
I'm not watching all those videos, how does a Sumerian creation story show that aliens created humans?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.